Cummins Working On A New 4 Cyclinder

Title says it all:
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/19/c...-nissan-titan/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Yes dodge fell asleep at the wheel on this one...

Although there a v6 cummins already devolped for the ram 1500

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
Yes dodge fell asleep at the wheel on this one...

Although there a v6 cummins already devolped for the ram 1500

Jason
V6 and a V8: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/d..._v8/index.html

I drool over that v8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 05:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Will see what I can find out about it (well more than the article). We deal with cummings on some stuff.

You should see the new Ford 6.7 diesel V8. Now that thing is AWESOME. I swear it could fit in the JK, its very compact.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #5 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Banned

Mmmmmmm.... 6.7L V8 oiler..... :drool:

Really think it could fit?

post #6 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 06:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

It is really compact. I will check it out next week. We have it on a dyno.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #7 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Rock God

I want a cummins to, oh please oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rally though, I would love to have the old cummins Inline 4. If my memory is correct its the BT4.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #8 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 07:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco08jk View Post
I want a cummins to, oh please oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rally though, I would love to have the old cummins Inline 4. If my memory is correct its the BT4.
and it fits great in a JK.....

YouTube - ‪JEEPYARD 4BT Cummins Diesel Jeep JK at Jeep Beach 2011‬‏

/

Last edited by Loki646; 05-19-2011 at 07:28 PM.
post #9 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Was it a stick or auto?

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #10 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Slow and Low

Who's 4BT JK is that?
post #11 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
Who's 4BT JK is that?
http://www.jeepyard.com/4x4-photo-ga...p?GalleryId=77

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #12 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

YouTube - ‪JEFF'S JEEPYARD 4BT Diesel Jeep JK at Jeep Beach 2011‬‏

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #13 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Slow and Low

THAT is the absolute shit!! Love the 4BT! Bookmarked.
post #14 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
I see they used an auto....HOW? I refuses to use a barbaric 3 or 4 speed auto. I wonder if its a GM transmission? Inquiring minds want to know!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #15 of 31 Old 05-19-2011, 10:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Friday as the Vendors Meet & Greet was setting up I heard the motor and was expecting to turn around and see a TJ or older Jeep and was pleasantly surprised to see this beauty.

This and "Cain" were my favorites from the whole event. I never did get a chance to talk to anyone from Jeepyard, but I know from Pirate that a lot of these 4BTs are being nabbed from former box trucks like UPS, Fritos, etc.

A few other notable things was the custom instrument panel and the completely LineX exterior. Normally I'm not a fan of it, but the silver/off-white color really toned down the textured finish and the end result was very impressive.

/

Last edited by Loki646; 05-19-2011 at 10:43 PM.
post #16 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Granite Guru

Want diesel now

Was at Jeep Beach and that thing was awesome. But a 6.7 diesel V-8 would be so heavy, the first time you touched the brake you'd do a stoppie.
post #17 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 AM
Slow and Low

You can get PLENTY of power out of the 4BT. I've driven an EB with a finely-tuned one, and that heavy old pig was amazingly fast and nimble!
There are a lot of TJ's and truggies running around with them.
Awesome motor! Just awesome to see one in a JK!
post #18 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Was at Jeep Beach and that thing was awesome. But a 6.7 diesel V-8 would be so heavy, the first time you touched the brake you'd do a stoppie.
Hmm so that's what stingers are really for...

Sent via smoke signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mall Krawler View Post
Hocus pocus, Abracadabra and Alakazam - prototypical magic words used by magicians and top jeep Suspension Engineers.
post #19 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Is the shop or owner on here? I want more!
post #20 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Granite Guru

Garage
Thumbs up

Not to hijack the Thread but.........

Just called the shop (Jeff's Jeep Yard) and told them you guys liked their
4BT...I think someone will get on and post some info for you guys.....also the guys at Jeffs Jeep Yard love to talk about their shit, so give them a call.

Jeff did my gears and locker and I couldn't be happier

JJ
post #21 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Granite Guru

thats sweet i'd love to be able to drop a diesel in the JK..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
I feel like I'm caught in a do-loop, everything just keeps repeating itself...poor spelling, 'tard joke, poor spelling, horrible 35%, fat joke, cottage cheese, poor spelling, nice 35%, poor spelling, 'tard joke, poor spelling, horrible 35%, and so on...
^-- This

post #22 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Hey, JKOwners This is Jason I am aftermarket accessories manager at Jeffs Jeepyard in Clearwater FL Our facility did the conversion of the 4bt in the JK we are so stoked on the feed back we,re hearing about this conversion.We are working hard on a complete conversion package for plug and play it will be availible very soon for the do-it-yourself guys and we will eventually have a disc for video of install ! although if somebody is interested in a conversion now it can be installed at our shop,we are very happy to hear the buzz hopefully this changes the jk platform for the good thanx Jason @ the jeepyard 26 plus mpg around town and 30 plus on highway depending on engine mods and gear ratio, also everything still functions through factory computer such as a/c,door locks, blinkers,interior lights anti lock brakes etc.
post #23 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs_Jeep_Yard View Post
Hey, JKOwners This is Jason I am aftermarket accessories manager at Jeffs Jeepyard in Clearwater FL Our facility did the conversion of the 4bt in the JK we are so stoked on the feed back we,re hearing about this conversion.We are working hard on a complete conversion package for plug and play it will be availible very soon for the do-it-yourself guys and we will eventually have a disc for video of install ! although if somebody is interested in a conversion now it can be installed at our shop,we are very happy to hear the buzz hopefully this changes the jk platform for the good thanx Jason @ the jeepyard 26 plus mpg around town and 30 plus on highway depending on engine mods and gear ratio, also everything still functions through factory computer such as a/c,door locks, blinkers,interior lights anti lock brakes etc.
Any issues with getting it registered?

2012 Rubicon Unlimited
post #24 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 12:08 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs_Jeep_Yard View Post
What transmission was used?

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #25 of 31 Old 05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Florida does not have inspections NY is a problem and Califonia is working on an exemption for conversions from gas to diesel from what i heard i dont know how much truth there is in that but it did come from a reliable source
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode