Adding Rock Krawler 2.5 springs to front. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Adding Rock Krawler 2.5 springs to front.

Gonna order RK 2.5 progressive rate front springs today. My JK currently has a TF 2.5 BB on it but the stock coils are sagging after adding a Rock Hard front bumper and winch. I noticed the RK kit comes with an adjustable front track bar. Is the adj track bar needed with these springs? I'm just wanting to get the nose back up without adding spacers. Thanks.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son" - Josh Thompson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-16-2011, 11:25 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I just installed a 2.5" Max Travel on my JK yesterday. In my opinion you need the track bar, those front springs are tall.

Here's where I left off on mine yesterday:

If you're going to spend them money I would get the 2.5" Stock Mod and save yourself some shipping costs versus doing it spread out. I can set you up with a great deal on the kit, or the coils if that's all you want.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 Old 05-16-2011, 06:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

dang you marcus. here i was thinking 35s will be good.
i need 37s lol.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
dang you marcus. here i was thinking 35s will be good.
i need 37s lol.
They look just as good with 35s under them.

Here's a comparison for the OP. More crappy pictures, this wasn't planned!

White on 37" Nittos, Blue on 35" MTR/Ks.

post #5 of 14 Old 05-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topkicker View Post
Gonna order RK 2.5 progressive rate front springs today. My JK currently has a TF 2.5 BB on it but the stock coils are sagging after adding a Rock Hard front bumper and winch. I noticed the RK kit comes with an adjustable front track bar. Is the adj track bar needed with these springs? I'm just wanting to get the nose back up without adding spacers. Thanks.
You'll need more then 2.5" springs if you want to get rid of the rake. I have TF 2.5" BB rear and 3.5" RK springs up front w/ factory trackbar, no problem.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.

Last edited by jtphoto JK; 05-16-2011 at 08:49 PM.
post #6 of 14 Old 05-17-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

[QUOTE=jtphoto JK;778250]You'll need more then 2.5" springs if you want to get rid of the rake. I have TF 2.5" BB rear and 3.5" RK springs up front w/ factory trackbar, no problem.

I thought about the 3.5's but dont mind a little rake. I talked to a tech rep at RK and he said the 2.5 progressive rate springs don't get hardly any sag with bumpers and a winch. Right now the factory springs are sagging to the point of almost touching the TF front bump stops. Man are those bump stops long.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son" - Josh Thompson.
post #7 of 14 Old 05-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topkicker View Post
Right now the factory springs are sagging to the point of almost touching the TF front bump stops. Man are those bump stops long.
Same problem I had. Wasn't bad when I first lifted it but the factory springs sagged pretty quick.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Granite Guru

I'm right there with you, guys- same setup, same problem. I was going to order the RK 3.5 fronts and front track bar from RCO, but Marcus seemed to think they would be too tall. So I orrdered the 2.5's instead. Now you've got me wondering if the 3.5's will work.

07 Sahara Unlimited, Jeep Green Metallic
post #9 of 14 Old 05-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Granite Guru

Marcus, is it too late to go back to the 3.5's?. I'm digging the stance of jtphoto JK's ride.

post #10 of 14 Old 05-17-2011, 02:11 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Marcus, is it too late to go back to the 3.5's?. I'm digging the stance of jtphoto JK's ride.
We can do whatever you want senior!

Marcus

post #11 of 14 Old 05-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Granite Guru

Email sent, Marcus.

post #12 of 14 Old 05-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Granite Guru

Sorry to hijack. I'm going with 3.5's.

post #13 of 14 Old 05-19-2011, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
Sorry to hijack. I'm going with 3.5's.
Don't mine the hijack. I talked to Marcus yesterday. I'm sticking w the 2.5's. I was gonna order them today but got a speeding ticket from Indiana's finest. I was passing a dump truck that was slinging sh*t all over the hwy and got busted by Barney and his hair dryer. Love your avitar. I'm from Athens, GA and a huge Dawg fan. My job moved me here to this rain infested, cold, craphole. I've got two weeks off in July and can't wait to get back home to Georgia. The weather has been perfect in NE Georgia while all it does here is rain and stay cold seven months out of the year. I hope to leave this toilet of a state in the next two years and head back south.

Last edited by Topkicker; 05-19-2011 at 12:55 AM.
post #14 of 14 Old 05-19-2011, 06:09 AM
Granite Guru

I lived in Athens for 3 years while attending UGA. South Georgia's home, but I still go up there several times a year. And I spent a week in Indianapolis a few years ago. It rained nonstop the entire time, and I was glad to get home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode