Teraflex lift kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Teraflex lift kit

I am looking at the 2.5" Teraflex lift kit, One has the shocks and the other does not, This is the first upgrade I am looking at for my 2010 (4dr) Wrangler, I am quite noobtastic so which one would I need to buy?
At the moment this is 95% road vehicle and then some play time off roading it.

Chris

IF IT'S NOT BROKE - BREAK IT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Banned

If you lift 2.5", you'll need either extension adapters for the stock shocks or new shocks altogether. Since you're runnin a Jeep that's less than a full year old, I'm willing to wager those stock shocks still have good life left in em. My .02 is to get a 2" BB for now. Drive it awhile and see how you like it before upgrading to the next thing.

Tons of people will tell you that you're gonna wish you did more or that your tires wont look right or whatever else.

I went with a 2.5" RK Stock Mod kit, added brake line relocation brackets (didnt really need to buy these - there's a MUCH cheaper alternative in the Write Up Library here on JKO). Also added swaybar discos front & rear and went with Billstein 5100 shocks.

A bonus with this setup is that I didnt have to add control arms even though I could have, the Jeep rides just fine without em

post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have the 2.5 teraflex kit it and it handles very well on and off road.It is a great lift and comes complete with everything you need,bump stops , brakeline extentions and coil spring retainers.I am very happy with the set up.

Black Jeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Ok I see what you are talking about now and reading the Teraflex description makes more sense now - So I am guessing I can get this second one then:
http://www.teraflex.biz/2-5-jk-lift-...ters-4-dr.html

post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Guess I will have to invest in the 35" tires and the wheels or buy the spacers it talks about too.
I am a FedEx driver and delivered some nice looking tires the other day that i was told were going on a 2011 Wrangler, The guy sells them for 10% above cost, 5 tires for around $1300.
I hear from a lot of people here that Discount Tire is the place to get a good deal but that does seem like a good deal.
I was looking at the Nitto Grapplers but they are some spending.

post #6 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 07:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Here's the issue with any suspension modifications. The suspension works as a system. Just tossing some parts on there so you can run larger tires upsets the specs & balance of what the OEM engineers designed. Many times it results in not only a bad handling & riding rig, it can be downright dangerous as well. OTOH, replacing it with a complete suspension upgrade, springs, shocks, track bar extension brackets and/or adjustable track bars, extended sway bar link, brake lines, etc. if done right can result in even better ride & handling than what you started with. There is just no cheap way to do it right. Best advice, get a complete system from a quality outfit and you can't go wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode