Anybody have bumpers that are not black?? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Anybody have bumpers that are not black??

Red 9 Fab in Dayton KY is building my new bumpers and rock sliders and I will be powdercoating them myself. Everyone has some form of black bumpers but I want to do something a little different and was curious to see if anyone else as bumpers that are not black. My jeep is rescue green and I was thinking of some kind of gunmetal/dk gray color. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

BTW here are some pics of the parts. They are not completely done yet but are very close. These are prototypes that are going on my jeep but they will be looking to build more to sell if anyone likes what they see. They should have pricing sorted out by next week sometime

front bumper-1 by mustangboy429, on Flickr

sliders-1 by mustangboy429, on Flickr
post #3 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

All of my armor and bumpers are a charcoal gray hammerite finish. I think a gunmetal gray would look great with your rescue green JK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Granite Guru

will look awsome!
post #5 of 6 Old 05-13-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I also just ordered some pro comp 1059's that are polished and I was thinking of powdering them black. Only thing is I'm kinda getting tired of the black wheels. What would you guys think of doing the bumpers/sliders and the wheels all in a gunmetal gray. Do you think it would be too much of the same color? Just want to be a little different but still look good.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKoatings View Post
I also just ordered some pro comp 1059's that are polished and I was thinking of powdering them black. Only thing is I'm kinda getting tired of the black wheels. What would you guys think of doing the bumpers/sliders and the wheels all in a gunmetal gray. Do you think it would be too much of the same color? Just want to be a little different but still look good.
It works on the Mountain Edition, and I liked it enough to buy one.

"Come on guys admit it, when that first one went off, didn't a little bit of pee leak out?"---Spc. Frye after Rt. Duster
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode