Receiving/Reading text on 430N - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-12-2011, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Receiving/Reading text on 430N

I am about to buy a new Verizon cell phone and want one that is compatible with the 430N that will read incoming text and where I can send stock replies via the 430N. According to Jeep.com/UConnect tested phones list, there are very few Verizon phones that will do this. One is the LG Vortex (VS660). Does anyone have this phone and does it in fact work in displaying incoming texts on the 430N? Or can any of you let me know of any Verizon cell phone that has a working text feature that Jeep.com has not officially tested? I now have an ATT iPhone and that phone does not have the text feature with the 430N. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Granite Guru

what happens when your wife is riding passenger and your girlfriend texts you and it pops up on your screen?

☀lllllll☀ 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
☀lllllll☀ 2009 Unlimited X
☀lllllll☀ 1985 CJ-7
post #3 of 5 Old 05-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Granite Guru

I have a Droix X and it reads my texts on my 2011 Nav unit. Sometimes the time is off when it reads it, but it reads and lets me send "Canned Messages" that are programmed into the device.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-12-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks! I prefer the Droid but was not sure it would work. Not sure what would happen if a text from another woman came on the screen. Never even contemplated that. Yikes.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-29-2011, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

It works!

I changed to Verizon and first bought the LG Vortex which, according to Chrysler, should be compatible with the SMS feature on my 430N. It did not work (to be fair it was version 7.0 not 3.0 as Chrysler promised would work on its "compatible phone list"). I returned it the next day to get the phone I really wanted (Moto Droid X2). I was resigned to the fact that the SMS feature would not work. Imagine my surprise when, after I paired the phone, the Verizon salesman sent me a text and a little envelope appeared on my screen. I followed the prompts and my Media Center read the email for me. A great little feature to have. So far the phone works flawlessly with UConnect. So far, so good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode