Looking for some specific MOAB rims... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-12-2011, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Looking for some specific MOAB rims...

Im trying to find some rims and seem to be running into some walls. A guy at my work has a Liberty that has some really nice looking MOABs on it. I am not sure if they are a smaller diameter than the ones that typically come with a JK but they are deeper. There seems to be a larger offset between the rim and the hub of the wheel. I am not sure how else to explain it. I think they are 15" rims and the JK ones are a 17" if I am not mistaken. Either way I think they would look sweet on a JK with 33's. Anybody have some pics of these rims on a JK or even a site that sells them or a model number for them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-12-2011, 12:50 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertisce View Post
Im trying to find some rims and seem to be running into some walls. A guy at my work has a Liberty that has some really nice looking MOABs on it. I am not sure if they are a smaller diameter than the ones that typically come with a JK but they are deeper. There seems to be a larger offset between the rim and the hub of the wheel. I am not sure how else to explain it. I think they are 15" rims and the JK ones are a 17" if I am not mistaken. Either way I think they would look sweet on a JK with 33's. Anybody have some pics of these rims on a JK or even a site that sells them or a model number for them?
Are you talking about a TJ Moab? They are 16 x 8 with about 4" of back spacing if I'm not mistaken (on the back spacing).

http://www.dragtimes.com/parts/Jeep-...539438149.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...w=1406&bih=802

If that's what you're referring to, they are 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern so they won't bolt right up on your Jeep.

However - I can get you these:

http://mambawheels.com/Mamba_Wheel_L...a_Type_MR1.htm

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-12-2011, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Yep...thats them. So they are the wrong bolt pattern. I take it the Mamba ones are the same offset and size but with the 5 on 5 bolt pattern? I also assume I can replace the Mamba center cap with a Jeep one right?

Edit: I read some of the info on the page and pretty much answered my own questions. So I guess I would have to get the 17x8 5.5 with the 4.75 backspacing. There is also an offset I see there with a pretty big difference between the 5 on 4.5 and the 5 on 5 wheels...what is that exactly?

Last edited by Vertisce; 05-12-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertisce View Post
Yep...thats them. So they are the wrong bolt pattern. I take it the Mamba ones are the same offset and size but with the 5 on 5 bolt pattern? I also assume I can replace the Mamba center cap with a Jeep one right?
The Mamba would have 4.75" of backspace which will work with oversize or stock tires. The bore hole should be exactly the same as your stock wheels so yes, you could use Jeep center caps if you'd like.

I'll be back tomorrow! Shoot me a PM if you've got any more questions so I don't miss it.

Marcus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode