bumpers or fenders? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

bumpers or fenders?

Ok, I've done some research, I like the rugged ridge bumper and the body armor bumper. Do you guys like on better? I've got 500 bones burning a hole in my pocket I was thinking a a hole in my pocket, or should I get my fenders first? And what kinda fenders do you guys recommend? Thanks guys for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Rock God

Check these out first. PSC makes some great stuff, If you PM Marcus at RiverCityOffroad he'll hook you up big time and maybe youll have some left over

http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK...ngers-s/94.htm

For flares I also reccomend the PSC ones, however they are expensive, it all matters wether you want to go Plastic of Metal with your flares

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #3 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Rock God

My thoughts are for only 500 bones, you should get a bumper. If you need tire clearance, trim your factory fender flares. It would seem more practical than after market flares and cutting your bumper. At least you'd have a place to mount a winch when you get another $500 to spend.

PSC bumpers are sweet but i went with an A.C.E Engineering stubby.

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

1983 CJ7 LAREDO, AMC 360, 5" lift, 33's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CeeeJaySeven+JKU; 05-10-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Fender flares: It honestly just depends on you......in terms of your taste, the laws (if any) regarding coverage, what you are looking to spend, and whether it's going to be abused or more for looks. Some of the plastic ones are almost as much as some of the steel ones in terms of cost......just something to consider. Steel will add some weight to your rig, but it will also add a good deal of actual protection. Surprisingly......the plastic fenders can be kinda tough too......although they aren't at all as bombproof as some of the ones like River Raider and Poison Spyder. Aluminum is also an option for an all-out higher price/ light-weight/ durability.

No idea about either of those bumpers.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Rock God

Ditto on Poison Spyder. I got mine via Marcus at Rive City Of Road.

Side by side. Two 2010 Red Rubicon 4 doors.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeeJaySeven+JKU View Post
My thoughts are for only 500 bones, you should get a bumper. If you need tire clearance, trim your factory fender flares. It would seem more practical than after market flares and cutting your bumper. At least you'd have a place to mount a winch when you get another $500 to spend.

PSC bumpers are sweet but i went with an A.C.E Engineering stubby.

I too think the bumper will make the most of your money. However, I like the Rock Slide Engineering Bumper. Yes, I understand you listed you price cap, but just thought I'd throw that in there. Go bumper.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Wheeler

I'm designing my own bumpers and fenders, yet for fenders I like the Poison Spyder Crusher Flares http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Fron.../17-02-030.htm & http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-JK.../17-05-010.htm or the River Raider fender flares http://www.riverraider.com/store/ind...&product_id=54. As far as bumpers, haven't found one specifically that I like more or less than the other so I'm no help there.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-10-2011, 07:53 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I'd buy a bumper over flares if I had to choose one or the other first!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode