JKOwners Forum banner

Personalized Plates

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Poseidon 
#1 ·
So I was gonna put on personalized plates - I have 7 letters to go with "EnglishJK" I cant seem to come up with the letters to drop to make it still look like it says English. Wanted to get another view/idea on it.
If it doesnt work, Thinking I will try for UK-JK

Chris

#6 ·
I was going to offer "UJACKJK" for "Union Jack JK" but re-reading the 7 letter abbreviation, it sounds more like a challenge to criminals to try and take your JK from you!

"REET JK" or "JK REET"

And to RubiRobv: how 'bout "JK TWAT" or is it "JK TWIT"? Wasn't that a Monty Python skit, Twat or Twit of the year, that resembled a well-dressed special Olympics for daft nerds?

#7 ·
And to RubiRobv: how 'bout "JK TWAT" or is it "JK TWIT"? Wasn't that a Monty Python skit, Twat or Twit of the year, that resembled a well-dressed special Olympics for daft nerds?
not sure what you are reffering to with "twit" and Twat" but I know of "Twat" is reference to a certain part of lady anatomy that is slang and far from flattering if you are called a "twat". I wouldnt want that on my plate and I dont know the DMV would issue it either. "Twit" has also a negative definition as such being called that is not flattering either.... maybe you know this and I have not caught on to some sort of exageration or joking, or this is not familiar in english culture just like a boot in reference to reference to a car storage area in the back.

#9 ·
If you read Rubirobv's whole thing, he says he couldn't get "pretentious asshole" to fit, which I took as some sarcastic humor, so I thought immediately of that Monty Python skit which is one of the funniest skits of all time. Yes in AMERICA unfortunately that slang is most often used to refer to a particular part of a woman's anatomy; but over there in context it is most often meant as "an annoying/contemptible/objectionable person or an idiot." It can even be twisted to apply to someone high on alcohol or drugs. I figured with the reference to Monty Python, there would be no confusion which meaning I was hinting at and I meant no offense to anyone. Being that it was a continuation at some sarcastic stick-poking, I never entertained the possibility he or anyone else would try to slip it by the local DMV and actually try to put it on his Jeep! It was a friggin' joke. I won't bother Googling the skit for you, but watch it, it will reassure you I wasn't trying to be a jerk or piss off the women who read this stuff. In my head I thought everyone would "get it." Sheeeesh.

So to all who didn't get it and took it the wrong way, my apologies. But I did look up some British slang to be sure, and its the "a" version, not the "i" one.

FWIW, "reet" is their slang for "cool" or "OK" or "right" in case you thought that was some other inappropriate plate.

#10 ·
I am going with either MAHOLE =MASSHOLE or RATLHED = RATTLEHEAD.

You could drop the i in English and I think it would be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.