Lift wheels and tire questions :D - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Lift wheels and tire questions :D

Hey everyone. I have an 07 2dr Rubi and am looking for a lift wheels and tires. I want to run 35s but cant make up my mind on a lift or how agressive of tires. There arent very many trails around this part of Virginia so it doesnt have to be the best... it is a daily driver and will probably see more mud holes than anything... anyone know any deals or have any comments please share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 10:55 AM
JKowners Vendor

Deals? We know sheets you can get the best deals around!

So, looking at 35's with a small lift? I would look at one of the small lift from Synergy Suspension, Rock Krawle, or TeraFelx. Each one has a low budget lift that would work great for you!

Let me know how we can help or if you have any specific questions. Feel free to pm, email, or just call!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I guess i should have been alil more clear... i dont really like the idea of the cheaper lifts with control arm brakets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon07EWL View Post
I guess i should have been alil more clear... i dont really like the idea of the cheaper lifts with control arm brakets.
How tall are you wanting to go? If you go with a moderate lift you will want to go with an aggressive looking tire in my opinion. That being said, I just ordered some Nitto Trail Grapplers and I couldn't be happier. The tires have an aggressive look, but not overly aggressive and they ride extremely well on the road. The road noise is is minimal under 70 MPH for the tires too...
post #5 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

I think the JK 2.5 MAX TRAVEL PRO MID ARM SYSTEM from Rock Krawler would be a great option for 35's. I currently have the 3.5 mid arm pro, it is a great lift but for 35's I can see that the smaller lift would have been nicer. It offers great flex and versatility with the ability to upgrade later without wasting a lot of parts. At 2.5 you will not put a lot of stress on the Drive line which will make things easier long term.
RK offers exceptional customer service and often anticipates issues before the customer.

Edited I put in the wrong info for the 2.5 kit I was referencing.

Last edited by peanut; 05-07-2011 at 02:46 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Funny thing is ive been looking at the nittos and the RK mid arm kits!

Great minds think alike!

EWL
07 2dr Rubicon greystone, 3.5 Mid Arm Flex Rock Krawler Lift, 36" TSL Radials, Procomp black wheels, Rugged Ridge short base front with stinger, Smittybilt XRC Comp 8000lbWith Synthetic rope, Kc Slimlights, High lift jack
post #7 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 09:30 PM
JKowners Vendor

We can help you with the Nittos as well!! Just sayin...

-Jason

:

post #8 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
We can help you with the Nittos as well!! Just sayin...

-Jason
Might as well shot me the price on those too lol...

EWL
07 2dr Rubicon greystone, 3.5 Mid Arm Flex Rock Krawler Lift, 36" TSL Radials, Procomp black wheels, Rugged Ridge short base front with stinger, Smittybilt XRC Comp 8000lbWith Synthetic rope, Kc Slimlights, High lift jack
post #9 of 15 Old 05-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Rock God

RK 2.5" lift and 37's.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-08-2011, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgutz View Post
RK 2.5" lift and 37's.
That looks bad asss

EWL
post #11 of 15 Old 05-08-2011, 06:44 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Might as well shot me the price on those too lol...
No problem boss! We can work up a package deal!!

-Jason

:

post #12 of 15 Old 05-08-2011, 06:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

RK 3.5" X Factor Mid Arm and 35" tries:

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #13 of 15 Old 05-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Do you mean you are looking for a lift with traditional upper and lower control arms, springs, and shocks? I didn't understand what you meant when you said control arm brackets.
post #14 of 15 Old 05-08-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
Do you mean you are looking for a lift with traditional upper and lower control arms, springs, and shocks? I didn't understand what you meant when you said control arm brackets.
Many of the cheaper lifts i have found come with control arm brackets that extend them instead of replacing them.

EWL
post #15 of 15 Old 05-08-2011, 09:15 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Many of the cheaper lifts i have found come with control arm brackets that extend them instead of replacing them.
Unless you're looking at AEV would agree with your lack of desire to run control arm bracketry.

Like these guys said, check out the offerings from one of the more advanced, Jeep specific companies like Rock Krawler, Synergy Suspension, or Tera-Flex.

If you just want 35s then keep it simple and low with around 2.5" of lift. You won't have to address as many things and it'll keep your Jeep handling close to stock.

There are many, many members running the 2.5" Stock Mod and 2.5" Max Travel from Rock Krawler with both 35s and 37s.

The stock mod is track bar, coils, and sway bar disconnects where the Max Travel gets you control arms and brake lines too. The Max Travel is worth the extra money in terms of getting it all in there on the first swing. However, do what fits your budget and build the JK as you can afford to.

The fun part of these things is the build up, don't feel like you have to do it all at one time.

Marcus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode