Best price on Pro Rock 44?` - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Best price on Pro Rock 44?`

Anybody know who has the best price on a pro rock 44?
I need to replace the front axle housing and Insurance is giving me $2433.24 to replace the stock housing.
I figure I should go Pro Rock.

So I need something that is exactly like the stock housing so that the labor on the shops end works out the same and I don't go over my estimate.
Will a Pro Rock do this?

The part I need replaced is 68017174AA

Any advice as well?

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I'll see what I can do for you.

PM soon.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Heres some questions for you guys

Is there any legal or logical reason why the body shop would refuse to do what I want them to as opposed to doing whats on the estimate exactly?
The money is in my hands, but the estimate is left open to supplement which will be payed directly to the body shop should they go over.

For instance :

For that 2400 bucks I can have a Prorock shipped to them as opposed to them using the stock axle.

And for the rear the estimate says to replace the rear housing, but only the track bar bracket is broken, I'd like to weld on a new bracket and use the remaining money for control arms.

Am I out of line for asking for this stuff?

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Granite Guru

I'd go to a different body shop. You'll end up getting what you want and the first body shop can find out what it's like to lose some cash.
post #5 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 04:49 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

No matter what anyone tells you (in terms of the insurance company or body shop) you have the right to refuse anyone doing the work. If you aren't happy with what the final product looks like you can refuse that too.

The insurance company's job is to get your Jeep fixed for the least amount of money possible while keeping you appeased. Don't let them rake you over the coals, but don't get so worked up over it that it consumes your life either.

It's easy to get really really passionate with stuff like this. Just do what makes sense and get the most out of it that you can. There'll be time to fill in the gaps as you go on.

Marcus

post #6 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
No matter what anyone tells you (in terms of the insurance company or body shop) you have the right to refuse anyone doing the work. If you aren't happy with what the final product looks like you can refuse that too.

The insurance company's job is to get your Jeep fixed for the least amount of money possible while keeping you appeased. Don't let them rake you over the coals, but don't get so worked up over it that it consumes your life either.

It's easy to get really really passionate with stuff like this. Just do what makes sense and get the most out of it that you can. There'll be time to fill in the gaps as you go on.

Marcus
Marcus is 100% correct
Personally I'd buy the parts you want, a few cases of beer and have an install party at your garage or a buddy's that has the right tools

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #7 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 05:45 PM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnick View Post
Marcus is 100% correct
Personally I'd buy the parts you want, a few cases of beer and have an install party at your garage or a buddy's that has the right tools
And that's what I'm doing next time... Even if it is another engine.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #8 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
I paid $2k delivered for the PR ultimate (1/2" tubes) plus I got the 10 degree additional pinion angle built in (northridge). Not sure what amount of lift you are running but really consider it if you are 4" or greater. Really helps with the DS angle, while keeping the castor near factory specs. You will also want to look at the poly bracket to relocate the track bar, if you are running alot of lift. Be sure to consider the Reid knuckles while you have it apart and maybe the currie steering parts, if there is any $$ left.

'08 Rubi Unlimited - a few mods. (sold)
post #9 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Rock God

Maybe I'm missing something, but...

You only need a housing, right? And you want to move up...

But if you change to a Pro Rock 44, from a D30 or a Rubi 44, you'll need more than a housing...

(Sorry, you might have a Rubi but can't tell in the photo and your profile is blank)

You'll need everything that goes in it, depending on what you have now.

For a D30, you'll need..
44 R&P
44 carrier
44 axles
44 Outers..
44 Cover

Last edited by Slippery; 05-05-2011 at 07:07 PM.
post #10 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but...

You only need a housing, right? And you want to change the type...

But if you change to a Pro Rock, you need much more than a housing...

So if you have a D30.... or a Rubi 44, you need a lot more

For a D30, you'll need..
44 R&P
44 carrier
44 axles
44 Outers..
44 Cover

so you're going to need to spend a lot moire than the cost of a housing.
He has a rubi already

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #11 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

when I got my initial estimate I went through it with the body shop guy and had them not order anything i didnt want, and with the check I got, I ordered some of the things I did want and they have been happy to put them on.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #12 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Rock God

All the Rubi parts are a direct bolt-in into the ProRock 44 housing, Unlimited or standard. If you have lift over 2.5 inches, the Unlimited is the better choice.
post #13 of 21 Old 05-05-2011, 08:23 PM
JKO Addict!

At EJS the Dynatrac rep said they had a 15% off special going. If I called & pleaded for the deal would it still be good?
post #14 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Rock God

If they offered 15% at EJS, then any vendor here that carried them as a distributor would probably be able to get you an even better deal. Ask Marcus about it.
post #15 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
I need to replace the front axle housing and Insurance is giving me $2433.24 to replace the stock housing.
I figure I should go Pro Rock.

So I need something that is exactly like the stock housing so that the labor on the shops end works out the same and I don't go over my estimate.
Will a Pro Rock do this?

The part I need replaced is 68017174AA

Any advice as well?
I did the same thing, was very happy with my decision to upgrade. I also changed gears in the rear and added a locker.
post #16 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Rock God

if they got an oem axle it would be set up ready to bolt in. if you upgrade they would have to set up your new axle too. did you offer to pay the additional labor or maybe they would pull the axle for you since it has to come out and you could set up the new housing and they could put it in. get the unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #17 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepaddons-chris View Post
If they offered 15% at EJS, then any vendor here that carried them as a distributor would probably be able to get you an even better deal. Ask Marcus about it.
Good call Chris...I'm gonna check back today because the initial quote sucked if that's the case. They owe me explanationz! LOL

Marcus

post #18 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Thanks guys.

Whats happening now is i sent an email to my insurance company and adjuster saying that their estimate was not enough for the amount of damage accrued in the accident. They ONLY quoted me for front and rear housings and labor, nothing else, no control arms, shocks, axles, hubs, no nothing.
I told them I want all that stuff on the estimate. Then ill get a bigger check and probably take it to performance 4x4 (anybody work with them before?) and have them do the work. The guy at the dealership is just too hard to deal with.

-Doc Holiday
post #19 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Rock God

Dude, I am going to send you a pm with phone number. I am a couple of hours up the road in Charlotte and have been through this in Jan. Chris Hanson and some others helped me out with info on the insurance co. Give me a call and we can talk about some options. If they are replacing the housing, there should be a charge in there to swap gears and shafts unless they are replacing those as well. Plus, you can do the labor yourself, I would be happy to help. Give me a call

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #20 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 01:44 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by levellinebrad View Post
Dude, I am going to send you a pm with phone number. I am a couple of hours up the road in Charlotte and have been through this in Jan. Chris Hanson and some others helped me out with info on the insurance co. Give me a call and we can talk about some options. If they are replacing the housing, there should be a charge in there to swap gears and shafts unless they are replacing those as well. Plus, you can do the labor yourself, I would be happy to help. Give me a call
I love this kind of stuff right here! This is what it's about fawkers!

Marcus

post #21 of 21 Old 05-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Rock God

Does that mean you're going to come work on my junk?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode