Teraflex leveling kit - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-04-2011, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Teraflex leveling kit

Is anyone running this? It says it will lift the front 2 inches and the rear 1 inch. My questions is will it need an alignment. My stock tires are about done for and I am looking at 33's, maybe when the 33's wear out I can aford my 3.5 RE lift. Will this work untill then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-04-2011, 08:41 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Its not that it will knock your alignment out, but it will move your steering wheel a little off center. 15MM wrench, a beer, and a friend and you'll have it re-centered in no time flat.

For 33s I wouldn't change your toe settings, which is about the only thing you can change in terms of alignment with the stock setup. Some people like to toe it in a little with 35s, with 33s keep it at the stock layout.

If you have a bunch of miles it might not be a bad idea to check the toe either way, a number of things can knock it out of whack.

That's a good kit, you should also check out the 1.75" BB from Rock Krawler while you're looking. The good thing about budget boosts is that they hold their value very well. Ha ha!

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Rock God

I have the Teraflex leveling kit and my front end was sagging that bad, the kit actually centered the steering wheel for me, I didn't have to touch the draglink at all. If you get it, make sure to unbolt the brake lines in back from the frame, they wont allow you to drop the axle enough to get the spring in with the spacer if you don't. Very easy to install though.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

I'm running it now, and if I remember correctly, I didn't need an alignment afterward.

This was from when I just first put it on with a set of 33.5" Toyo's

post #5 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Wheeler

Alignment won't be necessary, but you may need wheel spacers if you're going to run 33's. I believe Merlin is running spacers on his rig.

2007 Flame Red 2-Door Rubicon
Teraflex 2.5" spring lift (4-door), Bilstein 5100s | Spidertrax Wheel Spacers | Goodyear Duratracs 315/70/17 | LoD Mid-Width Front Bumper | LoD Front Skid | Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier | Poison Spyder Evap Canister Skid | Rancho Oil Pan Skid | Riddler Diff Covers | Hella Black Magics, Smittybilt windshield brackets | Smittybilt XRC 8 Comp-Series Winch | Midland 1001z with FireFly
post #6 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Breaker of nice things

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJK2 View Post
I believe Merlin is running spacers on his rig.
Yes...yes he is.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 10:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I didn't need an alignment. Hell, I didn't even need to adjust my steering wheel or speedometer.

☠ ☠ Don't let fear and common sense stop ya. ☣ ☣
post #8 of 8 Old 05-05-2011, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys I'll install it my self next week. I figured i would have to get spacers since i'll be running stock wheels, i'll get them ordered. I hope to have the tires by mid May, I'm looking at the GY MTR'S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode