RIPP Supercharger NY to MOAB & Back - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to RIPPMODS
RIPP Supercharger NY to MOAB & Back

This year RIPP drove its in house tester (which had 376 dyno pass' logged and 27000 supercharged miles on it from NYC to Moab Utah... for the 2011 Easter Jeep Safari. We did it to prove the reliability, drivabilty and worth of our system. We averaged 14mpg round trip and at times got caught in sever weather... We did not upgrade anything in the system for the trip outside of normal wear-tear stuff (oil, check belt and spark plugs and fluids). We added a trans cooler with a fan for the trails to keep temps down... Pumped up the tires to 32 and left on Friday April 15th in the early AM...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

When we got there we hit the trails hard -

Fin's and Things (East and West)
Hell's Revenge
Kane' Creek (Full Trail including Chickens Corner < I think)
Moab Rim
Cliff Hanger (to the top)
Pritchett Canyon

post #3 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Rock God

Good to meet & wheel with you guys! I'm sure my dad is going to be giving you a call soon... if you would have had time to install out there he definately would have pulled the trigger!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

By Wednesday, as vendors, we had to set up - but we were way to busy for that. We went out with the JKO run on Pritchett Canyon - where for the first time we really flexed our JK - The spotters were awesome and walked us through the toughest climbs. This is where we got to really learn how to wheel a supercharged JK. One thing to note is the spotters, who are used to getting heavy under-powered JK's through the obsticles also learned how to properly spot a more powerful one. For example where under powered JK's would need to do the Moab bump to get over some climbs, we simply asked them to prop us properly against our climb and we used the blower to climb. The 1-2psi was all we needed to get us over, and our 4WD mapping was clean.... Our throttle response off-road was key and spot on. A few clients who where tuned into their JK's asked if we mapped the 4WD and we just smiled and were glad they noticed.

We set up our booth Thursday morning the first day of the show - like all the other vendors that were on the JKO run... We cleaned up our JK and made it presentable because its next job was to allow curious clients a test drive behind the wheel of our JK, we did about 20 test drives between Thursday and Friday and sold two kits right at the booth - That was awesome!

While at the show we did a quick full install of our GEN2 Stage 2 System to show, show-goers how easy it is to RIPP Supercharger your JK anywhere. This really put things in perspective with our clients and they got to see the installation process as the instructions point out step by step.

On Saturday after the Falkon Tire sponsored Event our JK headed home - We changed the oil in the engine, checked the oil in the blower, pumped up the tires and tightened our suspensions components. The JK made it home 2100miles on Monday Afternoon in one piece. Our trip cost us an alignment, one ripped up tire (nothing to cry about) and a steering damper... On Tuesday it was back to working being a daily driver dropping the kids off at school and commuting to work - Now it will be heading for Jeep Beach in Dayton Florida (1100 miles round trip) - We will be hanging out with the WS-Offroad guys who are our dealers and a good bunch of guys. The JK will be there on display and we will have our table top display and media for clients. We're not sure if its possible to do test drives at that show but we will try to accommodate.

Over all we are extremely pleased with the system, our JK and the trip over all, with 30000+ miles on the clock our JK owes us nothing, we're really glad we joined the JK community and proud we can deliver the parts and service. Thanks to all our supports, clients and friends for giving us the opportunity to show what we can do.

RIPPTECH
post #5 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
Good to meet & wheel with you guys! I'm sure my dad is going to be giving you a call soon... if you would have had time to install out there he definately would have pulled the trigger!
Likewise - your dads in the last picture in our last post - hope to hear from him soon...

Nice JK you got there BTW -

RIPPTECH
post #6 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Rock God

is that an xterra roof rack? haha

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #7 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Rock God

Cool photos. Thanks for sharing RIPP. Hopefully someday I can allocate enough funds for your setup.

This one is familiar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post

2007 JK Unlimited Steel Blue
For all your days prepare and meet them ever alike
post #8 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ck View Post
Cool photos. Thanks for sharing RIPP. Hopefully someday I can allocate enough funds for your setup.

This one is familiar!
That is a great section of road right there! This year Vail Pass got us, the black ice was a killer...

Ross, where is our CD so we can share too!

RK
post #9 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension View Post
That is a great section of road right there! This year Vail Pass got us, the black ice was a killer...

Ross, where is our CD so we can share too!

RK
Bringing it to Jeep Beach
post #10 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Garage

I hope you washed your hands.

MD was gonna marry Jenna and I on top of Moab Rim before our plans were scrapped. Good people.

That's a looooong drive in a JK..

Nice recap RIPP.

EDIT: Does that rig say Rubikong on the hood in the background...?

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #11 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Slow and Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
EDIT: Does that rig say Rubikong on the hood in the background...?
Come on Hit... you know I wouldn't copy you. It says RubiKon. The "R" and the "K" being in Rock Krawler font.
post #12 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
Come on Hit... you know I wouldn't copy you. It says RubiKon. The "R" and the "K" being in Rock Krawler font.
Ahhhh.. my bad.. I didnt even realize it was your rig.

Sowy

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #13 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Ahhhh.. my bad.. I didnt even realize it was your rig.

Sowy
Now if your interested in a Supercharger for your Rubikong... we can talk...

RIPPTECH
post #14 of 19 Old 05-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Rock God

So you're saying that because you had more power than the under powered 4 doors you didn't need to bump over the ledges? I was on that JKO Pritchett run and other runs with Hemi Jeeps with lots of power and if they didn't bump they sat there spinning 4 tires. Lots of good smoke shows. I've been looking at that Ripp supercharger for a couple of months but I'm not buying into your 4 door powering its way over the ledges.
post #15 of 19 Old 05-05-2011, 05:41 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
So you're saying that because you had more power than the under powered 4 doors you didn't need to bump over the ledges? I was on that JKO Pritchett run and other runs with Hemi Jeeps with lots of power and if they didn't bump they sat there spinning 4 tires. Lots of good smoke shows. I've been looking at that Ripp supercharger for a couple of months but I'm not buying into your 4 door powering its way over the ledges.
Yep - we can honestly say that you wheel a tad different with it - Now there are drivers skill and spotters set up as well. But we went out of our way to check with spots to help us better learn our product.....

Our supercharger will not make you a better driver, but its one more tool to help you get to where you want to be.

That's what we are saying

RIPPTECH
post #16 of 19 Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
Power really doesn't matter for rock crawling, and those ledges in Pritchett have more to do with timing, technique, and the right line than power. I watch 70hp Zukes on big TSLs run up the same stuff as blown V8s.

Butttt, when you need to launch up a huge waterfall, you like to haul across desert stretches between trails in Johnson Valley, or run in the dunes or mud - HP is King. I don't think HP makes a better rock crawler, but it does make a more versatile off-road rig.
post #17 of 19 Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Power really doesn't matter for rock crawling, and those ledges in Pritchett have more to do with timing, technique, and the right line than power. I watch 70hp Zukes on big TSLs run up the same stuff as blown V8s.

Butttt, when you need to launch up a huge waterfall, you like to haul across desert stretches between trails in Johnson Valley, or run in the dunes or mud - HP is King. I don't think HP makes a better rock crawler, but it does make a more versatile off-road rig.
Those were my thoughts, I'd like the power for getting to the trails.
post #18 of 19 Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 PM

Smile

Ripp,

Just finished the install of your SC kit on my 2 door this week. I will be down for Jeep Beach and was wondering if you guys would mind checking my setup for me while I'm there? Also, do you have an updated vacuum diagram I have my boost gauge tied into the vacuum line going to the blow off valve, is that right?

So far I love this setup. I was initially intimidated by installing it but, after completing the install it was fairly straight forward. By the way my friend, who has a built tacoma, is extremely jealous of your kit. Thanks again for the great and easy to install product.
post #19 of 19 Old 05-05-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EODJK View Post
Ripp,

Just finished the install of your SC kit on my 2 door this week. I will be down for Jeep Beach and was wondering if you guys would mind checking my setup for me while I'm there? Also, do you have an updated vacuum diagram I have my boost gauge tied into the vacuum line going to the blow off valve, is that right?

So far I love this setup. I was initially intimidated by installing it but, after completing the install it was fairly straight forward. By the way my friend, who has a built tacoma, is extremely jealous of your kit. Thanks again for the great and easy to install product.
Congrats on the install -

Sure - depending the booths traffic - we only have one guy running that booth this year...

Vacuum is easy, use the line you attached to our blow off valve...

RIPPTECH
If there was a tuning solution for Toyota's we'd be all over it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode