2007 Rubicon, deal or no deal? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

2007 Rubicon, deal or no deal?

I'm a mechanic for an auto dealer. We have a 2007 Rubicon, auto, softop, no navi, bone stock with 38,xxx miles here. My price would be roughly $25,000. I'm in Southwest Florida, and it's a local trade in (looked at the carfax). The thing has never been off road on more than probably a dirt road. No under vehicle rash or anything like that. I'm really thinking about it, but I'm just not sure if that's a good deal. My dealer has $500 less in it than what they want to sell it to me for and we've had it since October of 2010. Would you jump on it, or jump away from it for that price and mileage?! Thanks guys.

Here's a link to their add:http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

2011 Sahara Tan Unlimited Sport, 3.5" lift, 35" BFG KM2's, more to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Rock God

i think i would hold out alittle longer.. maybe get a sweet deal on a 2011 when the 2012s come out... ive still seen a couple 2010 leftovers out their.. you can get something newer with less miles for 25k
post #3 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

That's a great deal! Its likely the wrong vehicle for a Honda dealer. We have a 45 day write down policy......wow that's a long time for a car on the lot!!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 AM
Granite Guru

I've seen them going newer and cheaper in my area. It also depends on if it is 2 or a 4 door, If it is a 4 door it is close to what I see around here on average. If it is a 2 door it is a couple grand higher.

Just as a for instance, a quick autotrader search found a two door 2009 Rubi absolutely loaded with 14,000 miles for 25,900 down the road from me as their asking price.

Last edited by SONNYDL; 05-04-2011 at 06:31 AM.
post #5 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I've seen a couple more within a 100 mile search that are about the same price. But one of them has a hard top with the MyGig, and it's a 2008 with somewhere in the 20-25,000 mile range. I just don't know what kind of shape it's in since I'm not near it. I just don't want to be upside down in a 3-4 year old Rubicon with that kind of mileage. I need to have a 4 door also. The wife agreed to me looking for one as long as it's 4 door, has power options and a hard top. The only other option that I would like is MyGig. Is it worth it to look for one with MyGig?

And thanks for your replies and suggestions.

post #6 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
That's a great deal! Its likely the wrong vehicle for.a.Honda dealer. We have a 45 day write down policy......wow that's a long time for a car on the lot!!

Jason
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. We've had it so long, I thought they'd maybe give it to me!! Oh well, I just gotta remember, even though I work with them, they're all still car salesmen!! LOL

post #7 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

As a point of reference, I got my '09 Rubicon Unlimited w/ hard top, navi, power windows, manual with 28,000 miles last fall (2010) for about $26,900. It was a trade in they hadn't even detailed yet. Was on their lot for 2 days when I saw it.

Certified pre-owned from a Jeep dealer, none the less.

I'd wait.

Remus ~ 2009 JKU Rubicon

No longer stock.
post #8 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by importmonkey View Post
As a point of reference, I got my '09 Rubicon Unlimited w/ hard top, navi, power windows, manual with 28,000 miles last fall (2010) for about $26,900. It was a trade in they hadn't even detailed yet. Was on their lot for 2 days when I saw it.

Certified pre-owned from a Jeep dealer, none the less.

I'd wait.
Wow, thanks for the info. That's a great point of reference.

post #9 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08JKUnlimited View Post
I've seen a couple more within a 100 mile search that are about the same price. But one of them has a hard top with the MyGig, and it's a 2008 with somewhere in the 20-25,000 mile range. I just don't know what kind of shape it's in since I'm not near it. I just don't want to be upside down in a 3-4 year old Rubicon with that kind of mileage. I need to have a 4 door also. The wife agreed to me looking for one as long as it's 4 door, has power options and a hard top. The only other option that I would like is MyGig. Is it worth it to look for one with MyGig?

And thanks for your replies and suggestions.
A 4 door with a hard top, power options, mygig and 20-25k? If it is in good shape I'd take it at that price.

Remember though, MyGigs have several levels, the RER is nice, but you can get the other mygigs online for 150-400 bucks. Don't let them convince you that a non NAV MyGig is a 1000 dollar value or something.
post #10 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Granite Guru

I know it is a 2 door, but this is not uncommon at all around here:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
post #11 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 07:32 AM
JKO Addict!

It's a 2008, not a 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #12 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONNYDL View Post
A 4 door with a hard top, power options, mygig and 20-25k? If it is in good shape I'd take it at that price.

Remember though, MyGigs have several levels, the RER is nice, but you can get the other mygigs online for 150-400 bucks. Don't let them convince you that a non NAV MyGig is a 1000 dollar value or something.
Sorry, it is a Nav unit with MyGig. And it's got 26,300 miles on it. It's got all the little chrome accent crap on it that would need to be taken off IMEDIATELY!!!!! Other than that, I kinda like it. Just not sure if that's a good price or not.

post #13 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
It's a 2008, not a 2007.
My bad!! You're right. I don't know where I got that it was a 2007. I think they had it listed as a 2007 earlier, and I never looked again. Thanks for the clear-up.

post #14 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Sorry, it is a Nav unit with MyGig. And it's got 26,300 miles on it. It's got all the little chrome accent crap on it that would need to be taken off IMEDIATELY!!!!! Other than that, I kinda like it. Just not sure if that's a good price or not.
The one you linked is not bad, it's also not out of this world amazing. I

I wouldn't feel bad paying that at all, but it isn't a "deal" its right on the money for what a lot of dealers ask. As I said, if you looked you could find cheaper options.

As for the one with 26K, If it is the same price I would ask them to update the NAV maps, see if they will play a little in price... either way it would be a better deal.

Last edited by SONNYDL; 05-04-2011 at 09:30 AM.
post #15 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

shoot, i'd jump on it. thats a really good deal for a rubi with taht low of miles? please.... do it!

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
post #16 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONNYDL View Post
The one you linked is not bad, it's also not out of this world amazing. I

I wouldn't feel bad paying that at all, but it isn't a "deal" its right on the money for what a lot of dealers ask. As I said, if you looked you could find cheaper options.

As for the one with 26K, If it is the same price I would ask them to update the NAV maps, see if they will play a little in price... either way it would be a better deal.
The one with the low miles and Navi etc.... is about $1,000 more for their asking price, but I'm sure I could talk them down from that.

How much is it to update the maps? And how much are the good Navi units going for now? Reason I ask, is if I can find a cheaper one without Navi, maybe I could put it in there for cheaper than finding one with Navi. When it comes to the Navi/MyGig, that's all new stuff to me. Never had any of it before, so I'm a newb when it comes to that. And it's not a deal breaker for me, but if it has it for the same price, why not!

post #17 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
The one with the low miles and Navi etc.... is about $1,000 more for their asking price, but I'm sure I could talk them down from that.

How much is it to update the maps? And how much are the good Navi units going for now? Reason I ask, is if I can find a cheaper one without Navi, maybe I could put it in there for cheaper than finding one with Navi. When it comes to the Navi/MyGig, that's all new stuff to me. Never had any of it before, so I'm a newb when it comes to that. And it's not a deal breaker for me, but if it has it for the same price, why not!
Its $199 thru Navteq

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #18 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

You can get a NAV unit for 600 or so, it will be a year or so old and not top of the line, but you can do it. You have to cut a chunk of plastic out of the inside of the dash, and then buy the connectors, but it can be done. A good NAV unit, in dash, will still run about 1000-1250 installed. You could also buy a used RER for 800 tops online.

I have personally just stuck with the factor NAV unit and never had a single problem and the maps are from 2008. The Maps cost roughly 200 to update, so if they would throw that in it would be a nice update.

I would pay 1000 bucks for 14000 fewer miles. I think you could get them down at least 500-800 dollars though.
post #19 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Granite Guru

Little bit too much, especially if that's "Your price", working at the dealership....

Should be able to pick up a nicely modified one for that...
post #20 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 AM
Wheeler

Have you looked at the KBB (or equivalent) value? $25K seems a little high for that Jeep.

I also noticed that those are not the Rubicon BFG MT tires. Check out the pic with the spare tire.

2007 Flame Red 2-Door Rubicon
Teraflex 2.5" spring lift (4-door), Bilstein 5100s | Spidertrax Wheel Spacers | Goodyear Duratracs 315/70/17 | LoD Mid-Width Front Bumper | LoD Front Skid | Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier | Poison Spyder Evap Canister Skid | Rancho Oil Pan Skid | Riddler Diff Covers | Hella Black Magics, Smittybilt windshield brackets | Smittybilt XRC 8 Comp-Series Winch | Midland 1001z with FireFly

Last edited by RedJK2; 05-04-2011 at 10:50 AM.
post #21 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

KBB retail is $27k and some change. The tires were changed before they traded it in because they were on when we got it. Everything on it looks good, but like you said, the tires have been changed. We're in south Florida, not much need for those tires down here. This was owned by an older couple that didn't do any off roading, hence the street tires

If I went with a navi unit, I would just try and find the factory kind. I'd rather have that then some other aftermarket something. Unless I upgraded the whole stereo system.

post #22 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
KBB retail is $27k and some change. The tires were changed before they traded it in because they were on when we got it. Everything on it looks good, but like you said, the tires have been changed. We're in south Florida, not much need for those tires down here. This was owned by an older couple that didn't do any off roading, hence the street tires

If I went with a navi unit, I would just try and find the factory kind. I'd rather have that then some other aftermarket something. Unless I upgraded the whole stereo system.
I would want those street tires gone as soon as it was off the lot, replacing those will cost at least 800, and that is for the standard Rubi tires.
post #23 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Rock God

For a point of reference I was just in the same boat as you. I work at a dealer and had been watching the JKU's we had coming in. When I saw the Rubi come in I jumped on it. Paid 26 for it, 39k miles, loaded except for the nav unit. Plus I got 4 new tires, new windshield, and the rear brakes done outta of the deal. Paid 500 over what we were in it for.

Aaron
2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #24 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by snksknr94 View Post
For a point of reference I was just in the same boat as you. I work at a dealer and had been watching the JKU's we had coming in. When I saw the Rubi come in I jumped on it. Paid 26 for it, 39k miles, loaded except for the nav unit. Plus I got 4 new tires, new windshield, and the rear brakes done outta of the deal. Paid 500 over what we were in it for.
Where do you live and what kind of dealer do you work for? I would've thought they would put less money in this than a Jeep dealer would have. This is the first Rubi I've seen come through any of the shops I've worked at down here. They're a rare kind here since it's all old rich people that drive Bentley's and Rolls Royce that don't off road, or folks like me that can't afford a new one. To go to a Jeep dealer and find a new Rubi is like trying to find pinocchio at a woodpecker convention. Since they don't sell many down here, the dealers don't order them. I've only seen 1 black ops Jeep ever. And that is STILL sitting on the show room floor at the dealer about 30 miles away. To find a good selection of used Rubi's, I have to drive a couple hours, and that worries me because I don't trust pictures. I want to be able to see it in person and not waste my time driving around God's green earth looking. But, if they can guarantee it's in the shape I'm looking for and not going to waste my time, I'll gladly drive to look/purchase one. Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud. I've got the out the door price with my trade in and taxes and everything. So I have some things to think about over some time. Thanks for listening.

post #25 of 42 Old 05-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Where do you live and what kind of dealer do you work for? I would've thought they would put less money in this than a Jeep dealer would have. This is the first Rubi I've seen come through any of the shops I've worked at down here. They're a rare kind here since it's all old rich people that drive Bentley's and Rolls Royce that don't off road, or folks like me that can't afford a new one. To go to a Jeep dealer and find a new Rubi is like trying to find pinocchio at a woodpecker convention. Since they don't sell many down here, the dealers don't order them. I've only seen 1 black ops Jeep ever. And that is STILL sitting on the show room floor at the dealer about 30 miles away. To find a good selection of used Rubi's, I have to drive a couple hours, and that worries me because I don't trust pictures. I want to be able to see it in person and not waste my time driving around God's green earth looking. But, if they can guarantee it's in the shape I'm looking for and not going to waste my time, I'll gladly drive to look/purchase one. Sorry, I'm just thinking out loud. I've got the out the door price with my trade in and taxes and everything. So I have some things to think about over some time. Thanks for listening.
I bought my current Jeep over 100 miles from my house. There were some benefits, such as; having them take money off the Jeep if I waved free oil changes, getting money off to fill the tank when I got home, having them negotiate everything over the phone before I ever walked in the door and having a wide range of available Jeeps.

If you look at a Jeep from a distance, have them send pictures of everything, close up. They will be more than happy to if they are a good dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode