Corbeau... opinions? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Corbeau... opinions?

Does anyone have an opinion in any direction on Corbeau seats? I'm debating the LG1, CR1, and A4 for my '08 Rubi... Let me know if you have any of these as I am concerned about comfort and fitment. I'm a disabled vet w/ back problems, so I am looking for something that will take a little bit of the vibration out of every day driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

Corbeau has had some problems with the reclining mechanism failing off road - leading to permanent recline.
I read somewhere that they knew it was a weak spot and were fixing it - so you may want to make sure you get the new mechanism design whichever you decide on.

edit : here's a thread on a failure, pretty sure there are several more on pirate
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36299

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.

Last edited by venom; 04-13-2011 at 06:59 AM.
post #3 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 07:01 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I heard they change colors.....

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Rock God

Garage

I know Desert Dog had problems with them doing that. I think he went with Mastercraft. I've heard they're not as pretty but are made stout.
post #5 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Rock God

i had the baja rs seats... i liked them ok.. but i think i would try the mastercrafts next time.. or maybe the corbeau a4 look cool
post #6 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Granite Guru

I run the Corbeau Ultra Wides in my LJ, they have been through a lot and still look and feel great. They are much more comfortable for my size than the Mastercrafts that I replaced.

Rig sits around under a tarp, seats often get soaked, frozen, etc and they still look like new.

2007 JK Rubi Unlimited - 5" Teraflex, 37" Iroks
2005 LJ - HP60, 14 Bolt, 39.5, some other stuff
1978 J10 SOA and 35's

post #7 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have corbeau cr1's and they aren't the best quality
Looking to put MasterCraft in the front and put the corbeaus in the rear soon

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #8 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
JKowners Vendor

Corbeau A4's are great, but we prefer Mastercraft:

http://www.rebeloffroad.com/category_s/225.htm
post #9 of 18 Old 04-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saber101 View Post
Does anyone have an opinion in any direction on Corbeau seats? I'm debating the LG1, CR1, and A4 for my '08 Rubi...
The A4 seats are meant for limited space applications, which means sacrificing cushion material. Also, they are of the racing/sports variety meaning the cushions are firm which is not what you are looking for. These seats sacrifice comfort for more support during more extreme maneuvers. I would stay away from these, if comfort is a big priority. As for the other seat models/brands, hopefully others can chime in.

2009 JKUR Auto
- HD Switchblade Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
- ARB Deluxe Front Bumper
- Warn Powerplant HP (front) + Warn M8000 (rear)
- Benchmark Dual Battery w/ smart isolator
- Rockhard Skids + AEV Diff Slider + Kilby Shock Skids
- Wildboar Square Roofrack + Sidestep
- AEV 3.5" Premium lift + STOCK tires!
post #10 of 18 Old 04-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Rock God

One of my buddies has had the Baja RS seats in his yj for two years now and they are starting to fade, and the driver side seat is starting to show some wear from him getting in and out. He got the their mounting brackets with them too and they dont position the seat right either, the driver seat isn't centered with the steering wheel, and the lean back to far.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #11 of 18 Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
CRI

Quote:
Does anyone have an opinion in any direction on Corbeau seats? I'm debating the LG1, CR1, and A4 for my '08 Rubi... Let me know if you have any of these as I am concerned about comfort and fitment. I'm a disabled vet w/ back problems, so I am looking for something that will take a little bit of the vibration out of every day driving.
I did the CR1 seats about a week ago !!!

The Project is moving forward.

Last edited by Muvovr; 05-30-2011 at 05:56 PM.
post #12 of 18 Old 04-14-2011, 06:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Their fixed back seats are great.

Their reclining seats don't seem to hold up well. Jeepnicks lower bolsters are all smashed down and the passenger seat randomly reclines...

If you want a real seat go master craft suspension seat.

With having the physical injury I can't stress enough that you need to look at a suspension seat and stay away from the foam ones. There's a reason all the buggies run them. They will save your back on a hard landing off a ledge.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #13 of 18 Old 04-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have the moab seats in my TJ. They were comfortable for about 6 months then the drivers side seat back broke and was leaning back farther on one side then the other. They also faded from black to a purple-gray color in 2 or 3 months. They are getting replaced with some PRP seats in the near future.
post #14 of 18 Old 04-14-2011, 02:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
Their reclining seats don't seem to hold up well. Jeepnicks lower bolsters are all smashed down and the passenger seat randomly reclines...

If you want a real seat go master craft suspension seat.
X 1,000,000

Corbeau Reclining seats are crap, and flat-out dangerous.
post #15 of 18 Old 04-14-2011, 03:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've sat in MasterCraft Baja RS, and it seems like a really well-made seat. Never had an experience with Corbeau, but I've heard plenty of horror stories.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #16 of 18 Old 04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I am in the exact same boat as you....

I have been leaning towards the Twisted Stitch Vortex XL seats - They are very nice and plenty of options. Terrorchicken has the TS seats in his heap, been watching to see how they hold up (daily driver) over time before I pull the trigger.

http://www.twistedstitchinc.com/index.asp
post #17 of 18 Old 04-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Rock God

I just checked out the TS web site, I love those seats, I to have a very bad back. My sport seats suck, I wish the TS site should the prices of the seats. I would like to see what I have to save and how long LOL

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #18 of 18 Old 04-16-2011, 05:35 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010jk View Post
I just checked out the TS web site, I love those seats, I to have a very bad back. My sport seats suck, I wish the TS site should the prices of the seats. I would like to see what I have to save and how long LOL
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...gn=4X4products
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode