Soft top rear window - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-13-2011, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Soft top rear window

Does anyone know if 2 door and 4 door use the same rear window? I just got a top off a 2011 2 door for my 09 and can't get window too fit. I've tried everything I can do, but it won't zip all the way. It's like the window is 3 inches longer than the top on one side. I'm just wondering if maybe I got a 4 door window instead of 2 door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-13-2011, 12:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I searched and can't find it for you. I don't see why they wouldn't be the same size (assuming we're talking about the very rear window, not the side windows) as the 2 door and the Unlimited are the same width-wise, the Unlimited is just stretched.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #3 of 13 Old 04-13-2011, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Yes, back window. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-13-2011, 03:09 AM
Rock God

The back window for the JK 07-09 soft top and the hard top are the same on a 2dr and 4dr. I just bought a 07 2dr soft top rear window for my 09 4dr and it fit great. Not sure about the 2010-11 but they should be the same size. I know they tweeked the design on how the newer top folded down but I am not aware of size changes. I would go to a local dealership or car lot that has a 07-11 JK and test drive it to your house and compare. Just a thought.

Póg mo thóin!
post #5 of 13 Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I know on the 2011 hardtops the back window is larger... that might hold true for the soft top.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 13 Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtr horse View Post
Does anyone know if 2 door and 4 door use the same rear window? I just got a top off a 2011 2 door for my 09 and can't get window too fit. I've tried everything I can do, but it won't zip all the way. It's like the window is 3 inches longer than the top on one side. I'm just wondering if maybe I got a 4 door window instead of 2 door.
I'm in the EXACT same boat right now. I bought a 2010 JKU new, and what the seller said was a 2007 softtop. The actual softtop is indeed a 2007, plastic header bar, canard strips, etc...but the rear window doesn't fit. It's almost 5 inches too wide.

I'll post some pics below. I intentionally left the window hanging out to illustrate how it fits in relation to the top.

If anybody can shed some insight on this, that would be awesome. I've been searching for the past 3 hours with zero luck. I actually lurk here quite often, but never registered until now.

post #7 of 13 Old 06-21-2011, 10:55 PM
JKowners Vendor

2011 back windows are bigger than previous years on both hard top and soft tops. Sorry, but you need a 2010 or earlier to make it fit right. Do you have the whole top? You will have to change the door surrounds, too, to make a 2011 soft top fit on your 2009.

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #8 of 13 Old 06-21-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
2011 back windows are bigger than previous years on both hard top and soft tops. Sorry, but you need a 2010 or earlier to make it fit right. Do you have the whole top? You will have to change the door surrounds, too, to make a 2011 soft top fit on your 2009.
I figured it out once I found the part number, that window is for a 2011.

I do have the whole top....it's already mounted on the Jeep, the only part not correct was the rear window. Everything else was new and perfect. It's a brand new 07 top on a new 2010. Somehow I ended up with a 2011 rear window.

I'll just head out and order a new window tomorrow, I should be able to peddle the one that doesn't fit somewhere.
post #9 of 13 Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 AM

I know this is an old post, but I'm in need of the larger rear window (11-12) if anyone still has an extra.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02outlaw View Post
I know this is an old post, but I'm in need of the larger rear window (11-12) if anyone still has an extra.
There is a "Wanted" forum here. I'd try there.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #11 of 13 Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty matty View Post
I'm in the EXACT same boat right now. I bought a 2010 JKU new, and what the seller said was a 2007 softtop. The actual softtop is indeed a 2007, plastic header bar, canard strips, etc...but the rear window doesn't fit. It's almost 5 inches too wide.

I'll post some pics below. I intentionally left the window hanging out to illustrate how it fits in relation to the top.

If anybody can shed some insight on this, that would be awesome. I've been searching for the past 3 hours with zero luck. I actually lurk here quite often, but never registered until now.

Weel I have a 2010 2door, and tried putting in a 07 rear soft top window, NO GO. IT's to small. When I put mine and the 07 rear windows on top of each other the 10 window is bigger. want to trade? the 07 rear window is new and tinted. If you do pm me.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #12 of 13 Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010jk View Post
Weel I have a 2010 2door, and tried putting in a 07 rear soft top window, NO GO. IT's to small. When I put mine and the 07 rear windows on top of each other the 10 window is bigger. want to trade? the 07 rear window is new and tinted. If you do pm me.
I have a 10 tailgate window, black and tinted looking to sell or trade for 11-13 tailgate window black and tinted. Located in Michigan.
post #13 of 13 Old 07-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02outlaw View Post
I have a 10 tailgate window, black and tinted looking to sell or trade for 11-13 tailgate window black and tinted. Located in Michigan.
How much shipped to 77036? I would like to buy it. I don't have an 11-13 to trade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode