Snow storms in North America.. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Snow storms in North America..

Holy Cow! I just watched the news and it seems that there is snow storms from East to West coast, from the deep south to the great white north. Even snow in Vegas.

Is everyone havin' fun Jeepin' in the snow? I am! Yea Haww!

Merry Christmas, have fun out there and play safe...

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Rock God

No snow here in GA. I have been walking around in Jeans, T-shirt and sandals the past few days and I live in Atlanta.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 LJ - current
2007 4dr Rubicon - sold Project- JK
2007 2dr X - sold JK-forum
post #3 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned

The only way to walk around in snow here is to get to know a Columbian drug dealer really well.

Top down, doors off, cruising.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Rock God

Garage

I think the snow is awesome. We ahd a pretty good snow storm roll through here (Salt Lake City Valley, Utah) yesterday so wwe have plenty to play in.

My ESP is out as well, due to a previously broken axle and currently borrowing a pieced together rear axle assembly from TeraFlex until the Tera 60 is ready, and I am having a blast. I hated having that ESP ruining all of my fun last winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 12:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

west texas has been t-shirt n shorts weather for the last couple of days, even got to get some seat time on the bikes yesterday
supposed to drop into the 20s tonight tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #6 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep

yep, Even Vegas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR4Yqy8Qm6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ZY3HsHQmw

saw a bunch of jeeps up there

08 Rubicon Unlimited-Just about stock!
I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money... You keep "The Change"!
Ask me about SH!TTY companies like Full Traction, Pure Jeep, and others!
post #7 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Rock God

No snow in Lousiana... just give it five minutes though that'll change

Kevin M.
2008 JK Sahara Unlimited, 3.8L, 3.5" Rubicon Express lift with (5) 35/70R17s' BFG KM2s' on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys 7069 Series, Red Rock, Crystal Pearl, Galaxy CB Radio, Hella FF lights, Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers, Xenon Flat Fenders, 12K Mile Marker winch, front and rear Rugged Ridge diff guards, Mopar slush mats, and Vision X led rock lights, IPF 920H4 JK Headlights, Superchips flashpac, River Raider rock sliders, front/rear Coast 1310 driveshafts

post #8 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Wheeler

LOL, we have snow here on the southern end of Vancouver Island, and there is another snow storm on its way as I write this post. It never seems to fail that those that think they know how to drive in the snow actually can't. Soccer Moms and the YUPPIES that have the fancy blinged out 4X4s are the root cause of most of the accidents here. There are also those that have incorrect tires for the weather. I watched a guy the other day with bald tires try and make it up a slight incline to the mall parking lot...............
the song clip "Slip Sliding Away" came to mind
post #9 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to vegasjeep

BANNED!!!!!!

08 Rubicon Unlimited-Just about stock!
I'll keep my guns, my freedom, and my money... You keep "The Change"!
Ask me about SH!TTY companies like Full Traction, Pure Jeep, and others!
post #10 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 09:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Lots of snow here in Calgary Alberta... over a foot and a half now... winter just started!!! Too much cold weather left... Merry Christmas to everyone!!

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #11 of 18 Old 12-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Granite Guru

X2 on the Vegas snow. I was bombing around all over the place! WEEEEEEEE

2007 JK, 4.5" RE LA kit, ATLAS4spd, ARB rear w/ Superiors, Rubi front w/RCV axles, 5.38's, 40" KM2's, 18x10 Raceline Beadlocks, 1"BL, Poly Rockers, RR corners, PS fenders, etc...the list goes on.
post #12 of 18 Old 12-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Wheeler

plenty of snow here in Nh 11" friday and they are saying 12-18 here today.
post #13 of 18 Old 12-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Ipe
Rock God

Got about a foot on Friday and about another 10" so far today. Ironically enough besides time in the Army I've lived all my life in New England... and I hate the fracking snow.

I need to move someplace warm.

Soon.

Really, really soon!
post #14 of 18 Old 12-21-2008, 03:38 PM

Solid 3+ feet on the ground here in Central Vermont. Guess Santa will have enough to land on.
post #15 of 18 Old 12-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Granite Guru

Never get to see snow like that in Texas. I wish we could get that every once and a while. Great pics.

2008 X:Pro Comp 4" lift, 35" Nitto Grapplers, Custom Front Bumper, Custom Sliders...more to come.

post #16 of 18 Old 12-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Rock God

i miss it A LITTLE... i really like 70s in december though...

performance mods: 3.5" Rock Krawler Mid-Arm lift, ProComp MX-6 shocks, 35 x 12.50 Super Swamper SSRs, 17x8.5" Procomp 9001s in Knight Chrome with 4.5" backspace, Bulldog Fab rear bumper with tire carrier, Smittybilt XRC front bumper, cooltech muffler relocate

appearance mods: budget grille mod, painted A/C rings, made side markers into blinkers, removed "Jeep" front bling.
post #17 of 18 Old 12-30-2008, 03:27 PM

NW Oregon got its worst snow storm since the 50's.

We got over a 5-6" which melted into 3-4" of slush which was topped by another 12-16" snow followed with 1/4" of ice and topped with another 3-4" of snow...

Some areas were without power for over a week now... The National Guard was called in to check on these areas where the plows can't reach. Luckily the neighborhood 4x4's drove around enough to pack the snow down. Here is one of the 8x8's that cruised round on 6-8" packed snow...

Once the snow stopped falling, it started raining and the snow acted like a sponge holding in a lot of water causing roofs to fail collapsing down under the weight.
post #18 of 18 Old 12-30-2008, 05:58 PM
JKO Addict!

We got 8" overnight. Supposed to get dumped on Thursday night too.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode