Pic request 2dr teraflex 2.5" coil - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-09-2011, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Pic request 2dr teraflex 2.5" coil

can someone please post a side view picture of a 2dr with the 2dr specific Teraflex 2.5" lift.
Just ordered mine along with a 1/2" rear spacer and trying to decide if I should use them or not as I have been looking at a bunch of teraflex lifts on 2dr that turned out to have a 4dr kit and not sure if it's needed.
Also it came with a U-Bolt style rear trackbar bracket, I was going to use a monster adjustable trackbar do I need to use the bracket also or can I just use the adj. trackbar?

thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Granite Guru

I just installed mine 2.5 teraflex specific for 2dr,I can not give you pictures
cause I'm cumputer retarded,but I can tell you all you need to know.
my JK now is sitting almost level compare to the factory rake,but I did not gain the famous 3.25 in in the front like if you use the old kit that was like you already know for the 4dr,if you have the adjustable track bar use it without the bracket,you will need a front adjustable track bar also(I have JKS fr and rr).
Some advice:they tell you to use the factory rear sway bar link in the front and to use those supplied in the kit for tha back well it maybe work in a perfect world but not in the real one,if you do your rear sway bar in gonna touch thebrake line coupling,yes when you use the brake line drop bracket
and you install the bracket correctly does not matter what you do the sway bar is gonna touch simply cause those links are to long(I think they are for every lift they make).The solution is get rid of the rear sway bar like Idid less troubles less interference less stuff that can go wrong.
The jeep rides without the rear sway just fine just remember is not a BMW M3
you maybe wondering how's the ride with this lift?
it is a dream better than stock for sure,shocks wise I went OME they are soft but it is what Ilike
anyway the springs being design specific for two doors are very soft but not soggy,not like the old lift that was kind of firm and stiffer than stock.
HOPE THIS HELP! if you have any questions let me know
post #3 of 5 Old 04-09-2011, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

thanks for the info! what size tires are you running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Granite Guru

I'm sorry,I was around all day.I run 255-85/16 they are 33.3 in but only 10 in wide like the stock rubicon,they are load range E but trust me I run them at 27 psi on the street and they are very soft,with the advantage of having the side wall of a 1 ton truck,so when I air down they are very strong.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Granite Guru

2.5" teraflex coil lift and bushwhacker flatties. There are more but they aren't on my phone.

2007 Rescue Green 2-door
A few mods here and there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode