Leveling JK after bumper and winch install. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Leveling JK after bumper and winch install.

I recently added a Rock Hard stubby and winch to my JK Unlimited. The front is sagging about 3/4inch. I'm running a Teraflex 2.5 BB lift. Ca n I add a 3/4 inch spacer to the front budget boost or do I need to ditch the BB spacers and get new springs? Does aftermarket springs sag like factory ones? Here's some before and after pics. Any options would be great.

Before.

After.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son" - Josh Thompson.

Last edited by Topkicker; 04-07-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-08-2011, 05:09 AM
JKowners Vendor

Sir,

I think we have something that will work well for you! Feel free to send me a PM or email and we can go over a few options.

JK looks great in the yellow and black! Just don't tell anyone I said that...

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 8 Old 04-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Rock God

Garage

Switch to RK springs, no sag with mine even with both bumpers a full spare and power plant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-08-2011, 06:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I just added 200lbs. of PSC bumper and a Warn M8000.

I don't think you want to add more spacers.

My plan is to go to the Rock Krawler 2.5" spring lift.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #5 of 8 Old 04-09-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Switch to RK springs, no sag with mine even with both bumpers a full spare and power plant.
So ditch the front spacers and order these http://www.rockkrawler.com/index.php?r_intro=no Then I should be setting level.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. You might meet em both if you show up here not welcome, son" - Josh Thompson.

Last edited by Topkicker; 04-09-2011 at 12:47 AM.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Going to order the RK 2.5 kit which as it has been said will give more than 2.5". At what point are do the drive shafts become an issue? 3.5" or 4"?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #7 of 8 Old 04-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Granite Guru

i recently did the same thing with winch and a hardrock stubby bumper. now is stink bugs. im just gonna do the front acos levelers. gives you alittle more wiggle room and will get you buy time to save money for that perfect lift (poly stage 2 4.5) i have a 2 in budget from the late rubicon express co. lol. already have levelers for rear gonna order fronts next wk. already spent my play money this wk for or-fab rock sliders and a evap relocation bracket kit.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-10-2011, 06:33 PM
JKowners Vendor

I would suggest just waiting to go with the left that you want. It will save you money down the road and less wrenching time on your rig! You will like that stage 2 from Poly. It should have your rig sitting nice and level.

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode