Fox Shocks - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 04-07-2011, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Fox Shocks

I am cotemplating getting the fox reservoir shcoks that are tuned by teraflex for a 4" lift. What do you all think of these shocks, good or bad? Need to know asap because i will be ordering them next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I bought a set when we installed my Rock Krawler longarm kit. They are a year and a half old and are just outstanding. The adjustment can be made to super soft to rock hard and everything in between. Cost-a-pleanty but well worth it imo.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Do it.

Short and sweet. LOL

Marcus

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 04:51 AM
JKowners Vendor

You will not regret it! These are some of the best remote res shocks on the market today! We have had some customers change from other well known shocks to these and have been amazed at the difference! The adjustablitly is great to! You can set them to cover any type of wheeling you will be doing!

We can also help you get the ones tuned for your TF lift if you would like. Let us know if you have any specific questions! We are here to help...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
You will not regret it! These are some of the best remote res shocks on the market today! We have had some customers change from other well known shocks to these and have been amazed at the difference! The adjustablitly is great to! You can set them to cover any type of wheeling you will be doing!

We can also help you get the ones tuned for your TF lift if you would like. Let us know if you have any specific questions! We are here to help...

-Jason
How much for the TF tuned Foxs for all four?
post #6 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Rock God

Garage

Excellent Shocks..................nuf said.

Method Motorsports

Email:
post #7 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 09:11 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGET IT View Post
Excellent Shocks..................nuf said.
X2!

Can't say enough good things about them!

PM heading your way boss...

-Jason

:

post #8 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

post #9 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Rock God

Word of caution on the Fox shocks. The hoses are not of very good quality. I have torn through 2 and Dr. Dirty has gone through a couple also. We tore them apart and found out they are just a plastic hose surrounded by braided stainless steel. Very easy to pinch and tear.
The shocks themselves are amazing. I have bought two pairs already. The ride is great and the rebuild is super easy. You just may look into getting some hydraulic hoses made for them. That is what we are doing.

post #10 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Man sowuthwest make sure when you order you as for a jar of vaseline in the special instructions.... Lots of yellow star love in here they could give you a kiss next time

www.jeepasylum.com
post #11 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Almost got those prices yet?
post #12 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest jeep View Post
Almost got those prices yet?
PM heading your way now boss...

-Jason

:

post #13 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

lift to.match

What type of lift should I run with fox res shocks? I am looking for a 4 inch kit gonna be a daily driver with occassional wheeling.
post #14 of 24 Old 04-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Rock God

How do they compare to Elkas, besides the adjustability. I'm very close to ordering the Elkas.
post #15 of 24 Old 04-09-2011, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

They are very much the same except for the elkas have a 4 valve sytem and the fox are only a 1 valve
post #16 of 24 Old 04-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Granite Guru

anyone of you vendors get a good price on them? I have a 3.5" lift
post #17 of 24 Old 04-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Rock God

Quote:
They are very much the same except for the elkas have a 4 valve sytem and the fox are only a 1 valve
I'm guessing 4 is better than 1.
post #18 of 24 Old 04-09-2011, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Everyone I have talked to had nothing but good things to say. If you run a teraflex lift then the elkas are a bit better but if not then I would say they are about the same
post #19 of 24 Old 04-09-2011, 02:30 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
I am cotemplating getting the fox reservoir shcoks that are tuned by teraflex for a 4" lift. What do you all think of these shocks, good or bad? Need to know asap because i will be ordering them next Tuesday or Wednesday.
I'd say it depends on what type of wheeling you do. They are nice but not TOTALLY necessary IMO. There are other alternative Fox units available that over similar performance for WAY less $$$. Shoot me a call or PM if you want some more info.

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #20 of 24 Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Did you get my emails?
post #21 of 24 Old 04-09-2011, 10:58 PM
PIG
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Did you get my emails?
who you talkin to?

USE CODE: JKO10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

//
//

post #22 of 24 Old 04-10-2011, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Talkin to jason from krawl offroad
post #23 of 24 Old 04-10-2011, 06:29 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTJK View Post
How do they compare to Elkas, besides the adjustability. I'm very close to ordering the Elkas.
The Elkas are a 4 valve system where as the Fox's are a single valve. That allows the shocks to have great on and off road manners. They have aluminum remote reservoir with floating pistons. The hoses are oversized high-flow steel braided lines! So, basiclly, they are setup to be some of THE BEST all around shocks available! The Fox's though are very nice and many people love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurx View Post
anyone of you vendors get a good price on them? I have a 3.5" lift
Yes sir! PM heading your way...

Quote:
Talkin to jason from krawl offroad
And, yes sir we did! PM already sent on this! Thanks again for everything!!

-Jason

:

post #24 of 24 Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

shox

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
The Elkas are a 4 valve system where as the Fox's are a single valve. That allows the shocks to have great on and off road manners. They have aluminum remote reservoir with floating pistons. The hoses are oversized high-flow steel braided lines! So, basiclly, they are setup to be some of THE BEST all around shocks available! The Fox's though are very nice and many people love them.

Yes sir! PM heading your way...

And, yes sir we did! PM already sent on this! Thanks again for everything!!

-Jason
PM sent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode