2011 JK Options - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

2011 JK Options

This is my first post here. I'm seriously considering purchasing a 2011 Unlimited Rubi. I'm having trouble understanding what Jeep allows in terms of options. What I want is a Rubicon with half doors and probably a hard top. On the Jeep site I can build it this way, but when I E-mailed the dealer for a quote I was told:

a) Can't have hard top and half doors on anything
b) Can't have half doors on Rubicon unlimited
c) Have to have "convenience group" on rubicon

Being forced to have power windows on a Jeep with serious trail options just seems crazy IMO. I'm opposed to power stuff like that in general, but even more so on a Jeep.

I don't trust that the dealer knows what he's talking about. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
This is my first post here. I'm seriously considering purchasing a 2011 Unlimited Rubi. I'm having trouble understanding what Jeep allows in terms of options. What I want is a Rubicon with half doors and probably a hard top. On the Jeep site I can build it this way, but when I E-mailed the dealer for a quote I was told:

Being forced to have power windows on a Jeep with serious trail options just seems crazy IMO. I'm opposed to power stuff like that in general, but even more so on a Jeep.

I don't trust that the dealer knows what he's talking about. Can anyone clarify?

Thanks!
Just buy from me then!

1/2 doors are no longer a factory 4dr option

a) Can't have hard top and half doors on anything TRUE
b) Can't have half doors on Rubicon unlimited TRUE
c) Have to have "convenience group" on rubicon TRUE

Any more questions?

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #3 of 14 Old 04-06-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

One question I guess. Why? Why would you have to have power locks on a vehicle targeted for trail use? I assume the doors can still be removed even though a bunch of wiring is going in?

If you want to quote me a Rubicon Unlimited with hard top and no other options, that would be great. You can send me a PM. I'd gladly drive up there for a good deal.

I guess the Jeep site should be updated because it certainly let me "build" a Rubicon Unlimited with hard top, half doors, and no power stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
One question I guess. Why? Why would you have to have power locks on a vehicle targeted for trail use? I assume the doors can still be removed even though a bunch of wiring is going in?

Yes all JK's have removable doors

If you want to quote me a Rubicon Unlimited with hard top and no other options, that would be great. You can send me a PM. I'd gladly drive up there for a good deal.

I can order it, we do not order base rubicon hard tops. I have a nice soft top on ebay and you can buy a used hard top!

I guess the Jeep site should be updated because it certainly let me "build" a Rubicon Unlimited with hard top, half doors, and no power stuff.
I am not sure whats going on there, I have heard lots of complaints

Why power group? Thats what consumers buy when getting 4drs, they are hard to sell with out them!

Airpark JKO Sale

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #5 of 14 Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Thanks!
If I were you, I would forget the Rubicon and buy the lowest end sport model you can get, and then with the money you save, start building...you are going to do this ANYWAYS!!!!

Immediately order a Prorock front axle with new gearing and ARB locker (gearing depends on if you buy an auto or manual tranny) and re-gear rear axle and add ARB locker. Sell the old front axle to get a few $$ back if you want.

Throw on a good lift kit and new tires, and you are ready to "rock"...and you are ahead (in terms of drivetrain strength/capability) of a Rubicon without all the electronic crap.

Just my humble opinion....

Grant
post #6 of 14 Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant_T View Post
If I were you, I would forget the Rubicon and buy the lowest end sport model you can get, and then with the money you save, start building...you are going to do this ANYWAYS!!!!

Immediately order a Prorock front axle with new gearing and ARB locker (gearing depends on if you buy an auto or manual tranny) and re-gear rear axle and add ARB locker. Sell the old front axle to get a few $$ back if you want.

Throw on a good lift kit and new tires, and you are ready to "rock"...and you are ahead (in terms of drivetrain strength/capability) of a Rubicon without all the electronic crap.

Just my humble opinion....

Grant
X2 the only thing you want out of a rubi is the transfer case as for the lockers i think were averaging 2 failures a week or more on here (there junk) but if the hood decal is What your after then I say go for it lol save your money then go nuts you will be happier with the result oh and FYI those decals come right off with a hot air gun lol

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #7 of 14 Old 04-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

I can offer a Base C package like mentioned.....

Heres what I have....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_893wt_958

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #8 of 14 Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I was thinking of that, but what does it take to get the right transfer case? Do you have to cut the tunnel to get the levers through and all that? Do the base models even have a part time T-case at all? Thanks for the help.

Cost wise, I'm thinking you'd still spend more by the time you paid Dynatrac $10-15K (?) for Dana 44's. Not that they wouldn't be better, but still.

EDIT: Nevermind on the part time T-case. It looks like it's the same T-case, just with a higher low range. Somewhere I thought I saw that the non-Rubi models had full time T-cases...

Last edited by Mastiff; 04-07-2011 at 11:05 AM.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
you wouldnt notice any difference in removing the doors on a jeep with PW and PL versus a jeep with manual everything, escept possibly a few extra pounds, the bare bones jeeps still have wiring going into the doors. just a simple separtion of a wiring harness clip and BAM, doors are discoed...

I LIVE, I RIDE, I DESTROY, ANYTHING I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
But you either support your troops or you are shit.

post #10 of 14 Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhrd4 View Post
you wouldnt notice any difference in removing the doors on a jeep with PW and PL versus a jeep with manual everything, escept possibly a few extra pounds, the bare bones jeeps still have wiring going into the doors. just a simple separtion of a wiring harness clip and BAM, doors are discoed...
Right, and power windows are nice on a 4-door.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #11 of 14 Old 04-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Thumbs up

I want to thank Mastiff for the sale and enjoy that new Rubicon!

602-314-5356 or

/
/

post #12 of 14 Old 04-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Granite Guru

nice looking mango tango. nothing quite like the new jeep smell to put a smile on your face.

Mike M

2013 2dr rubi
MC 2.5", Fox RR TF tuned shocks, TF carrier, Viair, TL's and so on...... still on stock tires
post #13 of 14 Old 04-17-2011, 09:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats on your new Rubi and welcome to JKO. I guess Jason answered all your questions and then some.

Nice work Jason Too bad all Jeep dealers aren't Jeepers or at least semi-knowledgeable about the product.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #14 of 14 Old 04-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Congrats on your new Rubi and welcome to JKO. I guess Jason answered all your questions and then some.

Nice work Jason Too bad all Jeep dealers aren't Jeepers or at least semi-knowledgeable about the product.
Very true....I just hope to sell more Jeeps because of their lack of knowledge and participation!

Jason

602-314-5356 or

/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode