2007 Cherokee Key Replacement - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

2007 Cherokee Key Replacement

Hello,

I bought a Jeep used at an auction. It is a 2007 Jeep Cherokee. I was only given the Valet key and need to have a new key made.

The dealership wants $250 for a key and programming. So my questions are this:

1. Will a dealership program a key if I bring one in? Meaning I buy one off of ebay and have it cut, then have the dealership program it? I only have one key so I can't do it myself

2. Is there a way to tell if the truck has the factory auto start option on it? That determines which keyfob I have to get.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-04-2011, 01:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

what country do you live in? in the us they dont have a 07 cherokee.
if you only have one key you do need the deale rto program it, id ask a dealer if they will program someone elses key, i doubt they will.

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #3 of 4 Old 04-04-2011, 02:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
what country do you live in? in the us they dont have a 07 cherokee.
if you only have one key you do need the deale rto program it, id ask a dealer if they will program someone elses key, i doubt they will.
In Europe the Liberty is known as the Cherokee. I'm guessing this guy meant Grand Cherokee, but then I don't even have a clue because neither is a JK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-04-2011, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by epaisley View Post
Hello,

I bought a Jeep used at an auction. It is a 2007 Jeep Cherokee. I was only given the Valet key and need to have a new key made.

The dealership wants $250 for a key and programming. So my questions are this:

1. Will a dealership program a key if I bring one in? Meaning I buy one off of ebay and have it cut, then have the dealership program it? I only have one key so I can't do it myself

2. Is there a way to tell if the truck has the factory auto start option on it? That determines which keyfob I have to get.

Thanks
Good luck.

The dealer can program the key if you buy it off eBay. Whether they will or not is up to them. They'll probably WANT you to buy the key from them, too, but money talks so they should program the key for you if you bring it in.

FWIW, I had the same issue when I bought my '06 WK (which I'm assuming you're referring to a WK). Check out my thread on jeepforum.com http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/k...-06-wk-874507/.

FWIW, this is where I got my 2 extra keys http://www.remotez4less.com/

I don't think they had anything to do with the keys dying. I think it was just a freak thing. Maybe the Jeep gods' way of telling me to get the XK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode