New JK Owner - Short Story - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

New JK Owner - Short Story

Hi all, i'm so glad I found this forum. As the title states, I'm a new JK owner. Just purchased a 2007 Rubi.

It all started for me about 4 years ago. The wife and myself were driving my wifes 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe (Soccer Mom Car, we have 2 sons) out in the snow here in WA. My In-Laws live near the town of Seabeck WA, and it snows quite a bit out at their house. So here we are, driving around in the snow, out in the middle of nowhere in the dark. Each new road I turn down has deeper snow, and there are no plows out there. (Before you call me a dumbass, one thing you need to know, is that the snow doesn't stick around long here. It usually melts by the next day. So I wasn't worried about getting stuck for days in freezing weather. Go ahead and call me a dumbass now if ya want.) Believe it or not, the Santa Fe is cruising very well. Snow was 8 - 10 inches on the road, and we are having fun, driving through it, not having any problems. That was until I had to slow down to make a left hand turn. I slowed down to make the turn, and well, all forward momentum was gone. We came to a stop, and every time I gave more gas to try and start moving forward, we would just slide sideways towards a ditch. Needless to say, we ended up in the ditch. It wasn't a deep ditch either. Only about 1 foot deep. I continued trying to get us out of there, reversing, back into drive, back into reverse again with no success. We saw a house not to far back down the road, and we were going to head over to that house, if we had to, as we had no cell phone signal (out in the boonies). And then we see the glow of headlights on the horizon. Maybe, just maybe, this could be someone to pull us out of this ditch? After what seemed like an eternity, this shiny Jeep Rubicon pulled up next to us, rolled down his window and asked if we needed help. SAVIOR! He backed his jeep up to a tree across the street from us, and tied his trailer hitch hook to that tree, and proceeded to run the winch line to my car. He pulled us right out. We got back onto the road facing the way we came from, and were off. That Jeep was so so nice. I wanted one from that moment on!

Thanks for reading my story, and I'm sure alot of you guys have done the exact same thing the guy who saved my wife and myself did.

Heres the new purchase:

Now I have some questions. My jeep came with half doors and a soft top. In the summer here, that is going to be great! In the winter, not so great. I want to purchase a hard top and full doors for it. Are there any recommendations for the Hard Top and Full Doors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 07:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Welcome to JKO ...keep an eye on the for sale section for a hard top.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #3 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Cool story. Nice looking JK. I really like the color and the 1/2 doors.

You can search here on JKO in the FOR SALE section. I think there is at least 1 or 2 hard-tops for sale right now. Not sure if I've seen any full doors recently though. You can check your dealership for the Mopar stuff new.....but you will be paying serious $$$ for them. Good luck

Welcome to jkowners.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Great story, welcome to JKO and like EJeep said... keep and eye on the for sale section... you should find something soon.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #5 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Welcome and nice story.
post #6 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 08:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

welcome to jko

cool story and nice jeep its very clean

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #7 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Great story.....Welcome to the JKO

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #8 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Very cool! Yeah us Jeep guys are like cub scouts Welcome to JKO.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #9 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt

I can't believe nobody has taken the open invitation! So I will... Dumb Ass! Lol. No I'm just kiddin. That's a good story and it got ya in a Jeep! Welcome to the JKO!

Tapatalk

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
post #10 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Rock God

just put up an ad in the trade section for your half doors, you will have folks tripping over each other to get them. (granted most will be in the southwest and you will have to ship)
most used hardtops will sell in the $1000 range give or take $200
post #11 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Rock God

are those 20s?

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #12 of 21 Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Now that is a very cool story! That is what be a Jeeper is all about! Nice Jeep and like others have said try the For Sale section.

Rock Krawler, Poison Spyder, Rigid Industries, Currie and more.

OR CALL 813.361.0869

post #13 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
just put up an ad in the trade section for your half doors, you will have folks tripping over each other to get them. (granted most will be in the southwest and you will have to ship)
most used hardtops will sell in the $1000 range give or take $200
Just what I was thinking....I'm surprised nobody has tried to trade him yet!

Welcome to JKO, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
yeah...I decided to go and finish on the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
actually , I can see my cock , is just a little hard to shave down there
post #14 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 01:37 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

if someone from the southwest has a hard top and full doors willing to trade for your soft top and half doors, that might be worth a drive through the country to trade!

Oh yeah....welcome. that's a lot of BLING for the wheels!

U.S. Army
post #15 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Rock God

Welcome! yes thats a good little story. ONLY IN A JEEP!!!

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #16 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Squirrel Killer

Welcome to the forums...enjoy

2013 Commando Green Sport S
TF 2.5", RK Control Arms, Gobi Stealth Rack, Level 8 Tracker Pro on 35's, TruckLite LEDs, TrailDash
-Sean
post #17 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Wheeler

Nice looking rig and great story.

Welcome!
post #18 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Very nice looking Jeep.

Welcome!
post #19 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Granite Guru

i have a 4 door with half doors and soft top and its not that bad in the winter. i know i live in ga and all but it gets down in the teens and gets pretty cold. once it warms up it stays pretty comfortable. go a winter with the top and doors before you go running out and spend alot of money on tops and doors. my biggest problem with the soft top and doors is that when it rains really hard it leaks and my back floor board gets soaked..

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
post #20 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZZLY47 View Post
are those 20s?
35's on 20's yes. The wheels are what made my eyes glaze over first.
post #21 of 21 Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Granite Guru

very nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode