Best to head liner - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 04-03-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Best to head liner

so today was finally nice enough to install the best top head liner that I bought from Marcus a couple of weeks ago. 80 and windy as hell! So to start off, u grab a beer and read the directions wich are vague and really don't amount to anything. They really aren't clear where to place the adhesive and blah blah. The directions says you need a whole punch, but that's only if you have a 2010 or newer. They should really send out 2 different directions for the 07-09 and the 2010-11 modles. Would really ease alot of stress as far as trying to figure out what steps go to what. RETARDED!!! so of course I had to improvise. All I'm saying is I'm glad that I bought a huge roll if velco from harbor freight. Needless to say, I got it installed only took 3 hrs. If I would have known how terrible the directions were I probably would've just saved and got the hot head liner. Thumbs down for the best top head liner right now. We shall see how cool it keeps the top.

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

and just to add to the problem, when i get home i look up and the liner isn't even attached to the adheasive strips any more... i was fuming! but instead of cussing up a storm i decided to just go inside and just get pissed tomarrow.

r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 PM
Wheeler

I hear you.I installed mine 2 days ago.They could be a lot clearer on where to put the velcro on the front,it's just a kinda guess.Having a video on the Bestop site would be nice.This is 2011 Bestop!I had a little easier time than you.I guess I guessed right.So far I like it,I'll wait and see how it holds up in the Texas heat.I already think the elastic side connectors will have to be bolstered up,but we'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 04-04-2011, 08:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Get ome 3m high temp sprat adhesive and stick that bitch up there.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #5 of 14 Old 04-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Granite Guru

Sonics got it. Red roll of 3m double sided hi temp strip tape. I'd did the O.G. sunshade head-liner last spring and No troubles!! Works great! I live in Las Vegas and it kept my black Rubi cool! For about $30. Buy the stiff sunshades not the flexible ones. I never painted mine, but I will add a "spider web sun shade". You leave it on under the hard top and it will hide the metallic sun shades.

2008 Unlimited Rubicon automatic with 35" KM2

15" black procomp 8069
Swag Offroad tailgate conversion
OR-Fab Tire carrier with Amo can for straps & tools
K&N cold air intake
Magnaflow exhaust
Alpine iDA-X305S
MB Quart 4 channel amp
MB Quart 6" Components
Pollk Audio 6" components
post #6 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

well yesterday i fixed the velco part that has the adheasive on it. the only down side it says it needs to sit for 72 hrs without being removed. well that kinda went out the window when i had to place it, peel it off, place it again, over and over again. so when i'm driving to work today i will see if it's still holding up. i might have to try the 3m tape. probably will help with all the places that i have sags in right now. ii would just send it back, but like a smarty pants, i threw away the box and the shipping invoice cuz i just knew that i woudln't have any problems.. best top 1, me-0

r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

post #7 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

Hothead Headliners. They're a vendor here on JKO. Keep it in the family, eh?

post #8 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Hothead Headliners. They're a vendor here on JKO. Keep it in the family, eh?
X2 mine stick great so far and the instructions or videos were very clear for the install.
post #9 of 14 Old 04-05-2011, 01:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Thumbs up It Works !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
Get ome 3m high temp sprat adhesive and stick that bitch up there.

That product gets major thumbs from me !!!

The Project is moving forward.
post #10 of 14 Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

Hothead Headliners, New 3M tape

Hi Everyone,
In an effort to continually improve the quality and performance of our product we have changed the permanent attachment method for our headliners. We were using a 3M Adhesive Transfer Tape which performed well in all our tests but has turned out to have some issues under certain conditions, mostly when installed in cold climates. After many talks with the reps at 3M, and loads of extreme tests, we have found a permanent adhesive (a 3M VHB Tape) that we are 100% confident will keep our headliner panels stuck to your hard top under the most extreme conditions. This VHB Tape is a dense 1/16” thick acrylic tape that will also help dampen the vibrations in your hardtop thereby further reducing road noise. We are in the process of shooting some videos which will demonstrate how ridiculously good this VHB Tape works. We should have them up on our web site, Hothead Headliners, in about a week. We'll post some links here when they're done.

Thanks everyone for all your support and kind word,

Mark
post #11 of 14 Old 04-14-2011, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

thanks for the info! Trust me I will be going with a hot head liner. The only reason I went with best top, I was strapped on time for this els trip next week. Trust me I won't make that mistake again!

r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

post #12 of 14 Old 04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Granite Guru

I installed HotHeads over a year ago. Living in the High Desert of SoCal, the HotHeads were/are definitely tested.
Outstanding product, results, and customer service.

2009 JK Rubicon:
post #13 of 14 Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 PM
JKowners Vendor

Hothead Headliners: The test results are in.

Hi Guys,
we finally got around to shooting some video of a heat test that shows how effective our headliners are as an insulation against heat, and how good our new 3M adhesive holds up in high heat. We posted links on our web site: www.hotheadheadliners.com or you can just YouTube - Hothead Headliners Heat test: beginning, middle, & end watch it here.
We are pretty satisfied with the results but let us know what you think.

Mark
post #14 of 14 Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 AM
Rock God

Garage

FWIW, my Spiderwebshade works great doubling as a headliner. I actually like it even better when the top is on. It keeps the inside noticebly cooler with the top on, cuts down on road noise, and the stereo sounds better.

"Sweet ain't as sweet without the sour"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode