JK Tip Of The Day - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 04-03-2011, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
JK Tip Of The Day

Post them up here:

Use a Swiffer Duster to clean all of the dirt-dust and pollen off on the interior. It's fast and gets in all of the small crevasses. Atlanta sucks this time of the year and it's like one big yellow haze.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Rock God

Garage

Tip for new owners:

When removing your doors for the first time, pay attention after you remove the safety strap. Watch your door unless you want nice lil dents on your hood. Guilty on both my jeeps.

"With all due respect sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"
post #3 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 07:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsport View Post
Tip for new owners:

When removing your doors for the first time, pay attention after you remove the safety strap. Watch your door unless you want nice lil dents on your hood. Guilty on both my jeeps.
Remove the safety strap last

My tip.

With the hard top when running just the front panels make sure you swing the two little tabs near the rollbar down before securing them with the rollbar screws.

Info:

|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
Remove the safety strap last

My tip.

With the hard top when running just the front panels make sure you swing the two little tabs near the rollbar down before securing them with the rollbar screws.
Great tip, I never knew WTF those little hinged stops were for.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #5 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Granite Guru

make sure you dont have alot of small debris in your floor board like small pebbles or sand in the floor board with the top and doors off... doesnt feel too good when it gets blown around by the wind and gets in your eyes or you end up eating it while driving down the road...

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
post #6 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Removing the safety strap last is unpossible if you're by yourself.

Get yourself some 2 inch stick-on mirrors for your AC vents on the driver and passenger side. Not as effective as the real mirrors, but its nice to at least have an idea of what's beside you when the doors are off. Just a technique.

sent via telepathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #7 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Granite Guru

After wheeling, use an oscillating lawn sprinkler to clean the undercarriage of your Jeep. Just slide it under the Jeep and turn the water on for an hour or so. Lazy mans way to clean a Jeep.

2008 Rubicon 2 Dr 6 speed
Stone White
post #8 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

Use WD40 or Cheap generic PAM in your wheel wells if you are going to encounter sticky mud. Makes for easier cleanup

Obama's EPA just shut down your favorite ORV trail.
post #9 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 12:03 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter_EMT View Post
make sure you dont have alot of small debris in your floor board like small pebbles or sand in the floor board with the top and doors off... doesnt feel too good when it gets blown around by the wind and gets in your eyes or you end up eating it while driving down the road...

I'm going to add to this one. If you have the Husky Floor Liners and a JKU, make sure to either take the rears out, or put something heavy on them after removing doors. They start to levitate at about 60MPH. I felt something hitting the back of my arm while driving and turned around to see both mats in the air.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #10 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepsRide View Post
Use WD40 or Cheap generic PAM in your wheel wells if you are going to encounter sticky mud. Makes for easier cleanup
Word has it this works with snow as well

post #11 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Granite Guru

Always go wheelin with a friend if you dont have a winch. I spent an hour digging my self out of some foot deep mud not realizing it was so deep. Or at least go to a army surplus store and get a foldable E Tool/shovel to get unstuck.
post #12 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
Removing the safety strap last is unpossible if you're by yourself.

Get yourself some 2 inch stick-on mirrors for your AC vents on the driver and passenger side. Not as effective as the real mirrors, but its nice to at least have an idea of what's beside you when the doors are off. Just a technique.

sent via telepathy
Agreed big time, straps are always the first to go off and it never fails i turn my head for a second and im lunging to grab the door. Smallest grade in the pavement will take them.

And I spent $50 and got the mirrors that slide/bolt into the door hinges. They also fit nicely in my tiny storage space under my cargo carpet.

post #13 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

hey wheres the foot deep mud, i want to go

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #14 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO_Rogue_Oo View Post
After wheeling, use an oscillating lawn sprinkler to clean the undercarriage of your Jeep. Just slide it under the Jeep and turn the water on for an hour or so. Lazy mans way to clean a Jeep.

Me gusta.

post #15 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsport View Post
Agreed big time, straps are always the first to go off and it never fails i turn my head for a second and im lunging to grab the door. Smallest grade in the pavement will take them.

And I spent $50 and got the mirrors that slide/bolt into the door hinges. They also fit nicely in my tiny storage space under my cargo carpet.
Where did you find mirrors like that for $50 bucks? I have been looking for them and can only find ones for $130.
post #16 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 01:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Post them up here:

Use a Swiffer Duster to clean all of the dirt-dust and pollen off on the interior. It's fast and gets in all of the small crevasses. Atlanta sucks this time of the year and it's like one big yellow haze.

you ain't kidding with the pollen. Yellow clouds of it each time the wind blows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Dirty Minion for lifeô.:the finger:
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
The fact that there is some Fag in you should be upsetting to say the least.
post #17 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
hey wheres the foot deep mud, i want to go
It was up here in PA along the power lines on the back side of camelback mountain. I thought it was like just a mud puddle and as I started driving forward just sank into the mud. I brough my dog to the groomer and my wife was at work and I thought WTF ill just do some wheelin', bad mistake. LOL I learned my lesson well and the hard way.
post #18 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Black 2dr Sport View Post
Where did you find mirrors like that for $50 bucks? I have been looking for them and can only find ones for $130.

4wd magazine. Olympic Safari Door Mirrors. Comes in Rubicon Black #117124 or Stainless Steel #117122 $57.99 pr.

page 242 of my Spring 2010 4WD catalog but Im sure you can call em up and ask em about it.

post #19 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Granite Guru

Leaf blower. 'Nuff said.
post #20 of 40 Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Rock God

Velcro straps around the seatbelts at the roll bars (where it comes up from the retractor/spool) will keep them from flapping with the top off.

08 "X", RC BB, 33" Duratracs, Coast 1310 front, Hellfires, Woods evap relo.
post #21 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 AM
JPK
Rock God

The most cost effective mod on any 2007-2010 JK is the Misch stick on dash organizer.

At ~$25 from Quadratec its expensive for what it is, but worth it in time saved looking for house keys, bottle opener, parking change.... Link: http://www.quadratec.com/products/14139_0200.htm

JPK
post #22 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 04:06 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPK View Post
The most cost effective mod on any 2007-2010 JK is the Misch stick on dash organizer.

At ~$25 from Quadratec its expensive for what it is, but worth it in time saved looking for house keys, bottle opener, parking change.... Link: http://www.quadratec.com/products/14139_0200.htm

JPK
tried it. set my iphone up there, took a right turn and the phone slid off of it, somehow lodged the steering wheel where i couldnt turn back to the left to straighten out of my turn. wound up slamming on my brakes at the entrance of walmart with somebody nearly rear-ending me. also couldnt find ANY satisfactory way to stick a garmin GPS unit on the thing where the driver could still see it comfortably...the lip of the tray prevented several mounting angles for the GPS. emailed the company, got a response back almost immediately (on thanksgiving day, no less). seemed very concerned, said he'd help, but never heard back. tossed it. happier. safer.

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Auto)
Stock Suspension
post #23 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 05:08 AM
JPK
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
tried it. set my iphone up there, took a right turn and the phone slid off of it, somehow lodged the steering wheel where i couldnt turn back to the left to straighten out of my turn. wound up slamming on my brakes at the entrance of walmart with somebody nearly rear-ending me. also couldnt find ANY satisfactory way to stick a garmin GPS unit on the thing where the driver could still see it comfortably...the lip of the tray prevented several mounting angles for the GPS. emailed the company, got a response back almost immediately (on thanksgiving day, no less). seemed very concerned, said he'd help, but never heard back. tossed it. happier. safer.
Your bad luck. I've been using it for about a dollar or two in change, three folding knives, Blackberry, reading glasses, house keys, Skoal tin, two bottle openers, a small key chain LED flashlight, roll of cough drops, +/- ten tooth picks, pen. That's what's in it now, except for the phone, which will go in when I head out.

I've never had anything fly out on turns, though the Blackberry, if it's plugged into the 12v charger, is better off between the parking break lever and the console since the cord is a little too short. Where do you keep your I-phone now?

Oh, and my Jeep has a Hemi, so if stuff was going to be flying out on acceleration, you'd think I'd see it in my Jeep.

Like I said, best $25 you can spend on a JK.

JPK
post #24 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 05:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
I'm going to add to this one. If you have the Husky Floor Liners and a JKU, make sure to either take the rears out, or put something heavy on them after removing doors. They start to levitate at about 60MPH. I felt something hitting the back of my arm while driving and turned around to see both mats in the air.

Or you can get some strong Velcro and secure them to the floor. Well that's what I did anyway.

Heavy things in the Jeep ruin gas milage.

But now I miss the look on innocent passers by's faces when they drive by and see my mats playing superman in the back seat. Oh well.
post #25 of 40 Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
tried it... iphone up there, took a right turn and the phone slid off of it, somehow lodged the steering wheel where i couldnt turn back to the left to straighten out of my turn...

Sorry, Man that visual made me crack up!

08 Detonator Yellow JKU sold 04MAR2013
-Patriot, Vet, Christian, Son, Brother, Father, Husband, Friend, blue collar Irish guy-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode