2011 Best Top Bikini is junk............ - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 04-02-2011, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

2011 Best Top Bikini is junk............

I got a Bikini Top and a few more accessories for the Jeep and tried installing the Bikini Top this morning. Well 1st thing is it doesn't fit good around the A-Pillar area cause they was Cheap and tried making it fit a 2007-2011 with and without door frames. My big complaint is that one of the velco straps is already torn in half.

Is there another brand that fits better? Does Mopar make one that fits like the factory soft top?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 04-02-2011, 04:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Why yes, yes it does.

That is why you see so many for sale.

Spiderwebshade.com for the BEST bikini top made.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #3 of 26 Old 04-02-2011, 11:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Why yes, yes it does.

That is why you see so many for sale.

Spiderwebshade.com for the BEST bikini shade made.
Fixed.

Mopar Sunbonnet makes the best single purpose bikini top, hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Fixed.

I think what the OP is asking is do they make one for the '10 and '11 yet since the door frames are different. The 07-09 one I have will not work with the 10 or 11.

And if the OP isn't asking that, I am now. lol Does anyone know?
post #5 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 06:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Fixed.

You sir, are dreaming. Yes, the Spiderwebshade is a shade but unless you've been in a Jeep with one, you wouldn't know it blocks the heat and still gives you some light. I live in GA where the summers are brutal and it has made the JK enjoyable with the top down in the summer.

The Mopar Sunbonnet blocks the sun out completely for which you might as well keep the top up with the windows out.

Can you put the top up with the Sunbonnet on? Um, no. What a pain in the ass.

Spiderwebshade JKini can be put on, and left on even with a hardtop. It doesn't flap no matter how fast you drive. Just drop the top and the bikini top is already there.

And, $249 vs. $49 or $69, it's a no brainer. Plus it's made in the USA and supports small businesses who employ people and help our own economy.

And there aren't four pages of instructions to install it like the Mopar Sunbonnet, just one hot video.

YouTube - JEEP BEACH 2010 SPIDERWEBSHADE.COM

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

Last edited by BigMike; 04-03-2011 at 06:13 AM.
post #6 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well mine is going back to quadra and I am getting the mopar one. I would like one to keep the sun out. If I wanted sun I would just leave the top down. I have the windjammer and dust cover as well. Thought best top made one better than this. It is total crap.
post #7 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

So do you have to go to the Jeep Dealer for the Mopar one or can you get it online?
post #8 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 07:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by caglezxj View Post
So do you have to go to the Jeep Dealer for the Mopar one or can you get it online?
No there are other places to find this. I know Airpark is a Jeep dealer that gives good prices and is a vendor on the forum.
post #9 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you can get it at Quadratec or various other vendors, except the mopar one is called a "Sun Bonnet". Which makes me think of this:

I'd definitely rather call it a bikini top and think of this:
post #10 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Fixed.

times two!
post #11 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 09:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Well mine is going back to quadra and I am getting the mopar one. I would like one to keep the sun out. If I wanted sun I would just leave the top down. I have the windjammer and dust cover as well. Thought best top made one better than this. It is total crap.
You don't get it but that's cool. Get the mopar one and enjoy it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

, Granite,
post #12 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 AM
lbh
Rock God

I have had both the best top and smittybuilt. The best top fit better but only lasted a summer before the straps began to rip (yes, it was installed correctly). Now I have the smitty and the think does not fit right. It keeps coming undone on the passenger side. PITA!!! I will be ordering the spiderweb this week, just looks too simple and provides a different "climate"

2007 JK
post #13 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 10:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
You sir, are dreaming. Yes, the Spiderwebshade is a shade but unless you've been in a Jeep with one, you wouldn't know it blocks the heat and still gives you some light. I live in GA where the summers are brutal and it has made the JK enjoyable with the top down in the summer.

The Mopar Sunbonnet blocks the sun out completely for which you might as well keep the top up with the windows out.

Can you put the top up with the Sunbonnet on? Um, no. What a pain in the ass.

Spiderwebshade JKini can be put on, and left on even with a hardtop. It doesn't flap no matter how fast you drive. Just drop the top and the bikini top is already there.

And, $249 vs. $49 or $69, it's a no brainer. Plus it's made in the USA and supports small businesses who employ people and help our own economy.

And there aren't four pages of instructions to install it like the Mopar Sunbonnet, just one hot video.
I think the Spiderwebshade is a terrific product (I have never been in a Jeep with one installed) and I really admire its versatility in regards to top compatibility. However, I still think the Sunbonnet is the best. It completely blocks out the elements (rain included) and firmly and solidly attaches to all points above your head, unlike the Spiderwebshade, which does not have a header channel or 100% coverage.

Quite frankly, the two of them together would probably be the ultimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #14 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 12:08 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

does the spider web thing keep any rain off you, ive given up finding a cheap soft top and thinking about just going to a top lik ethis

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #15 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 12:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
does the spider web thing keep any rain off you, ive given up finding a cheap soft top and thinking about just going to a top lik ethis
It's more for shade. I think it repels some of the rain, but bottom line is that its not sealed, so you will get wet.

post #16 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1 View Post
I think what the OP is asking is do they make one for the '10 and '11 yet since the door frames are different. The 07-09 one I have will not work with the 10 or 11.

And if the OP isn't asking that, I am now. lol Does anyone know?
If you have an '10 - '11 you need to get the hard-top version. The soft-top version will not work without the '07-'09 door surrounds. I ran the Mopar last year on my '10 with no problems. The hard-top version isn't as weather-tight as the soft-top, but I run without doors all summer anyway, so no matter what, if it rains, I'm getting wet. HTH

"Come on guys admit it, when that first one went off, didn't a little bit of pee leak out?"---Spc. Frye after Rt. Duster
post #17 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Wheeler

Wink

YouTube - JEEP BEACH 2010 SPIDERWEBSHADE.COM[/QUOTE]

That is one GORGEOUS BABE...had to watch the damn video three times before I could catch the top
post #18 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 05:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

thanks fo rthe water info/pics, id like something to keep my seats/kid a liitle dry if we get caught in some rain

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #19 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

dont we take our tops off to get some sun? only reason i want a bikini top is so i dont get wet. planning on picking one up for the summer and removing factory soft top all summer and just throwing the bikini top on when it rains.

Steel Blue 07 2dr
"Its the A.M bitches, its time for donuts!"
Jersey
Crew
post #20 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 06:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMonkeY View Post
thanks fo rthe water info/pics, id like something to keep my seats/kid a liitle dry if we get caught in some rain
have you been in the jeep without top or rear soft top windows? anyone sitting in the back seat will get wet from the wind that blows forward from the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #21 of 26 Old 04-03-2011, 07:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

my 4 door has a hard top only, i want to get a back piece, on my TJ they were called a windjammer

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #22 of 26 Old 04-04-2011, 05:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcc687 View Post
dont we take our tops off to get some sun? only reason i want a bikini top is so i dont get wet. planning on picking one up for the summer and removing factory soft top all summer and just throwing the bikini top on when it rains.
If you're in the woods, sure. When you're driving to or from work, it depends on where you live. I had to keep a hat in my JK because the sun was burning a hole through my forehead. I don't use the SWS in the early Spring or Fall. Nice thing about the SWS is that if it does start to rain, it takes all of 30 seconds to throw the top up, clip it to the windshield, and clip in the rear corners. Between my JK and TJ, can't say I've ever been caught in the rain with the top down.

, Granite,
post #23 of 26 Old 06-28-2015, 12:02 PM

Mopar sun bonnet #82210542

Hi everyone! I have a 2015 rubicon 4dr & received this sun bonnet as part of my purchase through dealership HOWEVER, it is sooo difficult to install! Finally after getting brackets & carriage screws to align w/pre drilled holes I cannot get the clamps to latch to front! The latches & clamps miss the lock off front windshield by at least 2" but both sides on front are latched and carriage bolts are in. HELP!!!
post #24 of 26 Old 06-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Granite Guru

I have the "Best"top top for my 4 door, and it sucks. I will never buy from "Best"top again.

Todd
First Jeep the govt hasn't owned.
post #25 of 26 Old 06-28-2015, 03:09 PM

Ok, well the truth is out...after a cold beer, a bag of Cheetos & a rest from the heat, I have come to realize what a dope I am! For all over Rubi Newbies out there...the latch is a 2 action method. Open the large latch (at the enterior top of wind shield) and manually extend smaller clip and move it over metal catch. Then close outside latch...duh!!! Please forgive me all you seasoned jeepers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode