Body Armor Rocker Istallation Troubles. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 04-02-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Body Armor Rocker Istallation Troubles.

I bought a set of Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails. So far I have had nothing but trouble installing them from missing parts ( they did send them to me but that was more waiting) to bent or misaligned mounts. Now my trouble is the rails do NOT folow the curve of the 4 door JK from front to back. Am I the only one this happens to? Does anyone know if Posion Spyders Brawler Rockers have this problem? Or PSC Body Armor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 04-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I'm not trying to be sarcastic but did you try turning the rail around. You have a left side, right side thing along with front to back thingy going on. Voice of experience here.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #3 of 25 Old 04-02-2011, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Yes ive got the driverside on after much trouble. these are like PSC bodyarmor with a rub rail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 04-02-2011, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Well... Finally got em both on that was a huge P.I.T.A. due to the body being curved and the rockers being straight. There is a small gap now right under the front of the front doors but I got it Bent and tight enough to look normalish.
post #5 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 AM
Wheeler

I recently bought BA rock rails for my 2 DR JK (2011). I had them shipped to a professional installer. The package came without instructions. The installer had trouble installing the driver side rail. The issue, according to the installer, was the driver side rock rail was slightly bent which caused them problems with the installation. He had to use longer "rivets" on some areas on the driver side rail to secure it to the door. It took a long time to install. The passenger side rail was made perfectly and installtion took 15 mins. Now they look great and are very sturdy and heavy gauge, but if I had to do it again I would avoid BA. Who needs the aggrevation?
post #6 of 25 Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Rock God

any one care to post up pictures?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #7 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Installed Pics Of Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails.

Here are a few pics of B.A. Extreme Rock Rails installed. The front didn't accept the Riv-Nuts so i got a peice of 1" strap and drilled holes 3 1/4" apart and welded nuts on the back of the strap so i could put a bolt and nut to pull the front of the rock rails far enough to the jeep since the rock rails were straight and the jeep has the curve.

Last edited by TuesdayJK; 07-01-2012 at 07:53 PM.
post #8 of 25 Old 04-14-2011, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Mine took what seemed like forever to install. The driverside didnt line up right to the pinchweld holes and that one was straight. The passenger side took EVEN longer due to the bent mounting brackets and it was bent as well. To top it all off mine did NOT come with instructions either, I printed some off of their website but they were kind of lacking. Now that they are on I love them and think they will hold up very well... at least i hope so because those sum bitchin things aren't coming back off!
post #9 of 25 Old 04-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I had a similar issue. I didn't want to sound stupid so I didn't bring it up (it was my first mod). I haven't seen one person post this until you did. I'm actually glad you did. It seems I had to drill the holes bigger in the pinch seams toward the back to get it to fit correctly. I guess because of the curve it didn't want to seat correctly in the back. Since it looked OK, I didn't go nuts. But yes, I did have a similar issue.

I like your build by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuesdayJK View Post
I bought a set of Body Armor Extreme Rock Rails. So far I have had nothing but trouble installing them from missing parts ( they did send them to me but that was more waiting) to bent or misaligned mounts. Now my trouble is the rails do NOT folow the curve of the 4 door JK from front to back. Am I the only one this happens to? Does anyone know if Posion Spyders Brawler Rockers have this problem? Or PSC Body Armor?

Last edited by Poseidon; 04-21-2011 at 08:09 PM.
post #10 of 25 Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Im not glad you had troubles too, but im glad other people had the same issues. Thanks for Posting Poseidon. Have you got a chance to test em' out yet?
post #11 of 25 Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Rock God

No issues with my Brawler Rockers. 2 piece designs allows the rail to be designed with the curve.
post #12 of 25 Old 04-22-2011, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I was gonna get Brawler Rockers until I saw these BA Rock Rails. If they ever fail me or something happens to them, then I'll go Brawler Rockers for sure!
post #13 of 25 Old 04-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Not directly. I have to say that I think people are more susceptible to allowing me to merge because of their presence.

Last edited by Poseidon; 04-22-2011 at 08:49 AM.
post #14 of 25 Old 04-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Wheeler

Did the PSC Brawlers. Fitment was perfect but nutserts a major PITA, if that is any consolation to your issues.
post #15 of 25 Old 04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Just out of curiosity, what is next on your build list?

Quote:
Mine took what seemed like forever to install. The driverside didnt line up right to the pinchweld holes and that one was straight. The passenger side took EVEN longer due to the bent mounting brackets and it was bent as well. To top it all off mine did NOT come with instructions either, I printed some off of their website but they were kind of lacking. Now that they are on I love them and think they will hold up very well... at least i hope so because those sum bitchin things aren't coming back off!
post #16 of 25 Old 04-22-2011, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Next on my build list is...
1. Front Bumper
2. Winch & CB
3. Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier
4. PSC Flares And Crusher Corners
5. Cage
6. ProRock 60's W/ ARB Lockers And 5.38 Gears
7. Coilovers Front And Rear
8. 37's Or 40's
9. Beadlocks
10. Atlas T Case

Maybe a HEMI or Ripp Supercharger One Day.
post #17 of 25 Old 04-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Just installed my front bumper this weekend. I got it from Rock Slide Engineering. I liked the modular look of it.
post #18 of 25 Old 04-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I think it looks unique. I am getting a lift kit next from wsoffroad, but would also like to get one of those hoods from ARB.
Attached Images

post #19 of 25 Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I really like that bumper! But i just can't wait to get rid of the dang factory flares. I think that bumper on your jeep looks really good, Nice Find.
post #20 of 25 Old 04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Thanks. Do you have a lift kit yet?
post #21 of 25 Old 04-28-2011, 04:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Yes Ive Got A Clayton Offroad 3.5" Lift & JKS Quicker Disconnects W/ 35X12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers and 17X9 KMC XD HOSS Wheels. The lift rides really smooth and does really well offroad, However the tires are like riding on bricks until you find a good low air pressure then the TPMS light comes on and stays on. Overall I'm Happy with my combo
post #22 of 25 Old 04-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I like those wheels. I have to do my mods piece by piece. I'll get the lift kit now, then when I have another three paycheck month I'll get the wheels

Quote:
Yes Ive Got A Clayton Offroad 3.5" Lift & JKS Quicker Disconnects W/ 35X12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers and 17X9 KMC XD HOSS Wheels. The lift rides really smooth and does really well offroad, However the tires are like riding on bricks until you find a good low air pressure then the TPMS light comes on and stays on. Overall I'm Happy with my combo
post #23 of 25 Old 04-28-2011, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Do you have a liftkit in mind or wheels in mind?
post #24 of 25 Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I was talking to Anthony at wsoffroad for several days trying to find a good fit. Just ordered the Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel. Also ordered their shocks. As for wheels, no doubt they will come from the XD seires. I like so many of them it is hard to narrow it down. I wish I could buy a bit 6 different sets - you know how women buy shoes. How do you settle on one set? However, back at my other mod; I was looking into a couple of front seats from Twisted Stitch. Do you have any intentions on changing the seats?
post #25 of 25 Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Quote:
I have had the same nightmare lastnight installing these...missing part no instructions....i had no idea they were made in china either..thats what the label said on the box..I am going to have to drill a hole on the inside of the jeep and run a bolt there and put a grommit in the hole on the inside under the carpet..hopefully this will pull the back in ...the cheap nutcerts they sent would just strip out..i may even grind a slice down the bottom then pull it in and then weld it back...the poison spider are 2 piece and would not have this problem...but are $450 more and not powder coated but I am sure they are much better and stronger....i guess i learned my leson from going cheaper...errrrrrrr

they also had one of the pinch mount brackets on upside down ..i had to redrill it and weld some more nuts on the top side...i will be raising hell today...thanks all and have a great week

2010 JK sahara unlimited
4"pro comp lift side resivour shocks, 35 nitto all terrain mud tires,dual A Pillar gauge pod,bully dog tuner,10000lb winch,pro comp teflon rims, smittybuilt rear bumper, 5.13 gears,AEM brute force intake, teraflex diff covers, rugged ridge frontbumper with storage ends, almost heated seats, JKS sway bar dissconects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode