trail rated? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

trail rated?

I have a 2007 Sahara unlimited. It doesn't have a trail rated badge on it. Does this mean it is lacking in any certain ways?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Rock God

No its not lacking in anyway, unless its a 2x4. it just means either it fell off or you bought it used without the badge.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
post #3 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks. I did buy it used...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

As I understand it, they never sold 2wd Sahara's so badge or no badge, that JK can do amazing things. Probably a cost cutting thing.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Coonasian

Garage

None of the new 2010 0r 2011 Jeeps I looked at had that badge.
post #6 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 11:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My jeep has the badge, and i'm proud to carry on the trail-rated tradition of vehicles like the Liberty.
post #7 of 32 Old 04-01-2011, 11:09 PM
JKO Addict!

They did make 2wd sahara's and if you really want to know look under it , if it has a front diff then it's 4wd
post #8 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
None of the new 2010 0r 2011 Jeeps I looked at had that badge.
my 2010 rubi has it
post #9 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Rock God

You dont need no STINKEN BADGES, just wheel it! Unsub

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
post #10 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecollector View Post
You dont need no STINKEN BADGES, just wheel it! Unsub
LOL...NICE!!!
post #11 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Rock God

Garage

As stated before, a previous owner took it off. For many years, including 2007, the trail rated badge has been on every Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_mage View Post
.....a dark forum, were people would sometimes be rude but yet be helpful.
JK 2dr rubi

post #12 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaster View Post
As stated before, a previous owner took it off. For many years, including 2007, the trail rated badge has been on every Jeep.
Close, but not exactly. It has been on most Jeeps. Not all.

Quote:
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #13 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

Just check the front axle as stated above. The badge makes no difference. As a matter of fact. You should know whether or not its 4x4. Is there a shifter in the cab other than the tranny? You dont even have to look under the jeep, but the way that it sounds it may do you some good to...

Mod..Wheel..Break..Repeat

Criminals prefer unarmed victims:Μολὼν λαβέ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
I think I understand your question - but I am a two door guy.
post #14 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryman4455 View Post
Just check the front axle as stated above. The badge makes no difference. As a matter of fact. You should know whether or not its 4x4. Is there a shifter in the cab other than the tranny? You dont even have to look under the jeep, but the way that it sounds it may do you some good to...
Seriously??? I don't recall ever asking if the jeep I drive every day is a 4x4. I learned how to figure that out on my first one I bought 20 years ago. I was just wondering if the lack of the badge meant that anything was particulary shitty.
post #15 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
My jeep has the badge, and i'm proud to carry on the trail-rated tradition of vehicles like the Liberty.
Right on!!!

'08 | RC 2.5" | BFG KM2 35's | JKS quick disc | Smittybilt XRC 8 winch | Expedition One front bumper | Off Road Evolution rear D-ring mounts | Skid Row front skid | Skid Row oil pan skid | Rockhard trans skid | Evap skid | Spiderweb shade | Rubi rock rails | Off Road Evolution rocker skins | Metal Cloak tube fenders | Riddler front & rear diff covers | Rugged Ridge lower control arm skids | Rough Country spare tire relocator | Ace hood jack mounts | Hi Lift jack l Smittybilt tub doors
post #16 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 02:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep#4 View Post
Seriously??? I don't recall ever asking if the jeep I drive every day is a 4x4. I learned how to figure that out on my first one I bought 20 years ago. I was just wondering if the lack of the badge meant that anything was particulary shitty.
Point being, 2wd JKs don't have the badge. The badge doesn't signify anything other than 2wd/4wd on the JK.

On the WK, the SRT8 doesn't get the Trail Rated badge (I don't think... could be wrong about that).

On the KK, the model with 18" wheels doesn't get it.

I'm not sure on other models.

Quote:

post #17 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep#4 View Post
Well why dont you use all that knowledge and search the difference between all the seperate packages... sahara, X, mountain, islander and rubicon. There are no other package groups. Trail rated badge means nothing, its just a badge, its on all the packages except the 2wd JKU and a select few other jeeps that did not get it because chrysler felt the need to not include it. A sahara is a sahara is a sahara. They are all pretty much the same.

Mod..Wheel..Break..Repeat

Criminals prefer unarmed victims:Μολὼν λαβέ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
I think I understand your question - but I am a two door guy.
post #18 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by militaryman4455 View Post
Well why dont you use all that knowledge and search the difference between all the seperate packages... sahara, X, mountain, islander and rubicon. There are no other package groups. Trail rated badge means nothing, its just a badge, its on all the packages except the 2wd JKU and a select few other jeeps that did not get it because chrysler felt the need to not include it. A sahara is a sahara is a sahara. They are all pretty much the same.
I don't need to research the different packages. I asked a very simple question which was effectively answered in the first reply, long before you chimed in
post #19 of 32 Old 04-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Rock God

The trail rating is a sham. In order for a manufacturer to have the rating only one vehicle in their product line has to successfully earn the trail rating and then they can just slap the badge on all of their vehicles essentially. The wrangler is the only truly trail rated product from Jeep.

Jersey

Crew
post #20 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 AM
Rock God

My Jeep has an "OFF" Trail Rated badge on it. If I don't wheel the piss out of it at least once a month the damn thing drives like shit on the road. I seriously don't understand it but have managed to live with it somehow. Trail rated is just a sales gimmick my Ct. brotha. now go bash that pig on some rocks but only if you're sure it's 4x4

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #21 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 06:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieJK View Post
The trail rating is a sham. In order for a manufacturer to have the rating only one vehicle in their product line has to successfully earn the trail rating and then they can just slap the badge on all of their vehicles essentially. The wrangler is the only truly trail rated product from Jeep.
Isn't Jeep the only "manufacturer" that markets their vehicles as "Trail Rated"?

Quote:

post #22 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 06:23 AM
JKO Addict!

I pulled that POS off the side of my '09. "Trail Rated" is a bullshit marketing strategy cooked up during the Daimler ownership period. It was intended to cover for the fact that they would introduce vehicles with the Jeep brand that were NOT "trail rated". Some Mercedes Benz whiz kid whose name I forget was appointed CEO of Chrysler and tried to leverage the Jeep brand to get more volume. That's how you got junk like IFS Liberty, econoboxes like Compass and Patriot, 2wd Wranglers & other assorted nonsense.
post #23 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Rock God

Its lacking a decent front axle no matter what other stickers or badges it has on it.
post #24 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 06:44 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieJK View Post
Your wrong.....

Trail rating specifically is a Jeep marketing term. The actual testing is done by a 3rd party in Nevada. All Jeep 4x4's have to pass their test with a 5 or better to earn the badge. If they don't they go back and work on them to get them to pass.

http://www.natc-ht.com/

You guys think its bullshit because you don't know why and no one can answer why....I can

http://www.natc-ht.com/V_TRCS.htm

http://www.jeep.com/en/4x4/trail_rated/index.html

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #25 of 32 Old 04-03-2011, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by levellinebrad View Post
My Jeep has an "OFF" Trail Rated badge on it. If I don't wheel the piss out of it at least once a month the damn thing drives like shit on the road. I seriously don't understand it but have managed to live with it somehow. Trail rated is just a sales gimmick my Ct. brotha. now go bash that pig on some rocks but only if you're sure it's 4x4
Yea, I shitcanned the Sahara steps, added some Rubi rails, ordered some ACE sliders aand someone is giving me a lift in the maybe near future. Then I gotta decide which tires/rims I want. Then the rock bashing can really begin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode