What Do you All use to clean your jeeps? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

What Do you All use to clean your jeeps?

So I took my jeep off-roading and I cant believe how dirty and how hard it is to clean this sucker! I took it to get clean to the car wash but they did such a bad job that I ended up coming home to clean it up some more my self. My question is to you all is what do you guys do to clean your jeeps and what products do you all use. Im very anal about how clean my jeep has to be so I want to have it in super clean mode.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM
JKowners Vendor

Depends on the type of mud/dirt. Out here water does the trick. Back east it's a pressure washer/chisel/jack hammer.

Cheers,
Bond
post #3 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I power wash the chit out of mine to try and get all the dirt that I can off. Then it is hand wash with some of this.

I am kinda partial to Meguiars stuff..... been using it for years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Granite Guru

I drive really fast in the rain

08 Detonator Yellow Rubicon-RE Arms-37" Mt/R's with Kevlar-Riddler Diff Cover-LoD stubby with Stinger-LoD stubby tire carrier-Warn M8000 Winch-Rigid D2's-20" Rigid Light Bar-SPOD-PS Rocker Knockers-PS Body Armor-5.13s-hydro assist-RCV shafts-IPF-Corbeau LG1 seats-12" King coilovers-AEV Hood-AEV Snorkel-5.7L VVT Hemi-AEV hemi Install Kit-4.5" AEV Springs-ProRock 44-AlloyUSA Rear shafts-Spyntech Hubs-Raceline Monters-
post #5 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Squirt it down with a pressure nozzle on the garden hose, top and bottom. Them wash with dish soap in a bucket of water. No expensive crap required, its a jeep.
post #6 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I ended up putting some purple power / simple green mixed in a spray bottle with some water, sprayed the entire engine bay / little tight spots like inside the fenders / bumpers and all plastics. Than I power spray washed it like 3 times lol. That dirt / mudd if one hard MOtha F-cker to come off.
post #7 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 04:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The secret to getting mud off is to do it ASAP. Don't let that chit sit on there for days to impress the whole trailer park, take a picture to impress the meth-head neighbor then hit it with the hose quick! Some mud (especially clay) will stick to the paint like cement after a couple days.
post #8 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Administrator

Garage

I tend to use a Smurffette.. Works pretty good, though sometimes doesn't take direction very well.

Really though, I use a pressure washer to get the big stuff and the top coat of mud off, then use car wash liquid and multiple different soft rags to get it the rest of the way clean.

Or call the car wash guy.. it never gets old to see his facial expression when he shows up.

įlllllį

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #9 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Regular dish soap and one of those washing thingys that looks like a sea anemone. No high pressure hose......just some elbow-grease for the dead bugs and hard to remove stuff. Plus a nice coat of Turtle Wax every few months.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #10 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 05:58 PM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

I just wait for mother nature... She took care of anything that was NEAR the outside today. Finally getting our storms back here in SFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
...Or call the car wash guy.. it never gets old to see his facial expression when he shows up.
LOL. I have (probably HAD after the last call) one of those too... Charges me $25, but he cleans it before I am out of bed and calls me to wake me up to go outside to pay him.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #11 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Rock God

I don't wash mine just let the rain do the job but I do pressure wash the chit out of the underside

VE7 ESH
post #12 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I don't mind the rain cleaning it but when I take my jeep off roading it gets super nasty and the last thing I want is for my paint to get messed up or faded.
post #13 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

cyclonic sprinker on top of each tire to get the underside of fenders clean. meguiars car wash, meguiars interior cleaner, mothers back to black for all that good jeep plastic. hard bristle brush on tires and top. rain-x on all windows. turtle wax quick detailer on everything afterwards.

2009 2dr, surf blue
lift, 35's, and other stuff.

"Tigers love pepper. They hate cinnamon"
post #14 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Granite Guru

stay on the highway

Just kidding...just get to it fast and keep doing it.

"It's inhabitants are as the man once said all the pimps, whores and sons of bitches by which he meant everybody" J. Steinbeck

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift/Shocks, 35X12.50's, Black Rock Wheels, TeraFlex Steering Stabalizer, 4.88 gears, aFe CAI, aFe throttle body spacer. Finish Line West Gen 4.0 rear bumper, River Raider Evap Skid, Superchips-tuned. Smittybuilt SRC Front Bumper.
post #15 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I tend to use a Smurffette.. Works pretty good, though sometimes doesn't take direction very well.

Ok, thats just not right. I'm willing to bet, the smurfette has a thong wrap and only works well on sunny days while holding a mixed drink. lol

Like my grandma use too....I use Windex...it will take anything out...lol

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #16 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I have always heard to stay away from dish detergent, it supposedly is bad for the paint. It's made for removing grease and stuff so I believe it removes your wax and stuff in the paint....I dunno, I'm no expert but I have read and heard not to use it several times.

Jeeps...the cure for a heavy wallet.
post #17 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 07:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert View Post
I power wash the chit out of mine to try and get all the dirt that I can off. Then it is hand wash with some of this.

I am kinda partial to Meguiars stuff..... been using it for years.

x2 best stuff! or blue corral if you can find there soaps/wax

dark colored jeep a claybar/wet sanding is your best friend when you wanna clean up that is..

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #18 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 07:39 PM
JKO Addict!

I use Branches. It's a brand locally found in your wooded areas. It scrapes everything clean.

Support the sport. GLFWDA.org
post #19 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I use Branches. It's a brand locally found in your wooded areas. It scrapes everything clean.
LOL x 2 .... I love my women not beat them. In other words I kinda like how my jeep looks with the paint on it not off of it lol. Not scared of a few war scars on her here and there.
post #20 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidejeep View Post
I have always heard to stay away from dish detergent, it supposedly is bad for the paint. It's made for removing grease and stuff so I believe it removes your wax and stuff in the paint....I dunno, I'm no expert but I have read and heard not to use it several times.
Yea.....I've heard that too, but going on over 3 years on the JK using it and it looks like new. No problems on the Jeep or any other of my vehicles when using it.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #21 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Wash rince - repete

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #22 of 22 Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by section00 View Post
I ended up putting some purple power / simple green mixed in a spray bottle with some water, sprayed the entire engine bay / little tight spots like inside the fenders / bumpers and all plastics. Than I power spray washed it like 3 times lol. That dirt / mudd if one hard MOtha F-cker to come off.
I'd be careful with the purple power/simple green. I think they recommend careful use on painted surfaces or something. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt once or twice but over time I believe it can cause damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
yeah...I decided to go and finish on the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
actually , I can see my cock , is just a little hard to shave down there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode