Best JK Cover - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 03-26-2011, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Best JK Cover

Spring's here, the roof and the doors are off, and I need a cover. Any recommendations on the best cover so that my Jeep won't be full of rain, snow, and bird shit after a 12 hour day in the parking lot at work? I mostly see Bestop, but I'm wondering if anyone has experience to share. If Bestop is truly the way to go, any recommendations on vendors? I just bought a new winch yesterday based on a recommendation from the site...best price I had found. Thanks in advance.

What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, honorably discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 AM

Garage

Hi Kingpin - we are a relatively new vendor to the site but I saw your post and thought I'd run a search for you.

Therefore, here ya go (free shipping - everything over $100 is)

- Smittybilt JK Unlimited Jeep Cover - $109.95 (in stock - just click "check stock" on our site)

The Smittybilt covers are inexpensive and cover the whole Jeep for better UV protection than the Jeep cab covers - though we have those too if you want more info.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Reconnect to the land: Rompalicious
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
| ... and more.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
Spring's here, the roof and the doors are off, and I need a cover. Any recommendations on the best cover so that my Jeep won't be full of rain, snow, and bird shit after a 12 hour day in the parking lot at work?
That's why you have to Monstaliner it. So you can just take a hose to the inside like the rest of us and get all the bird shit off!

2010 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Rubicon with a part from everyone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Rock God

I used the Bestop Trail Cover all last summer, fits great, durable, easy to clean and did a good job protecting the interior even with the doors off. It fits over my ORH soft top too.

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?s=24

Tom

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
ORH soft top, Procomp 7069's,Poly Performance leveling spacers
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, PSC Evap Skid, CB, Hi-Lift

post #5 of 12 Old 03-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Granite Guru

I have the bestop all weather trail cover. Works good but i had to make some bow supports out of pvc or the rain would pool up during downpours. Good thing it only pooled up and didnt leak at all. Depending on what you have for rocker protection or steps/rails it might be a pita to get the clips on. I still have my gay sahara steps and my fingers are like sausages, so it can be frustrating getting the clips on between the step and rocker. Maybe someone with sliders can chime in
post #6 of 12 Old 03-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Wheeler

I have the Bestop trail covers with the extra part for the doors. It's bulky compared to the Mopar one I had for my TJ. It doesn't fit under a seat which is where I kept the old one. I think it will hold up to a lot more than the mopar one though. If I had to do it over I would have gone for a lighter weight. I used a folding tent pole to make an arch over the front seats to keep water from pooling and then seeping in.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-26-2011, 06:27 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have the besttop cover too. It is big... I thought about getting a lightweight one to carry under the seat.. just have not pulled the trigger on a new one yet though.

post #8 of 12 Old 03-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG426 View Post
I used the Bestop Trail Cover all last summer, fits great, durable, easy to clean and did a good job protecting the interior even with the doors off. It fits over my ORH soft top too.

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?s=24
I have this also, outstand quality and it'll keep your Jeep nice and dry. In fact its on my JK out in the driveway right now. I've been using it for 2 + years and its holding up great.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #9 of 12 Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

I had a rain gear cover for my old TJ, these are second to none in my book. They're in the process of making one for the JKU though. What are they waiting for....

http://www.jeepcovers.com/

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Rock God

Another vote for Bestop Trail Cover. Mine does what I bought it to do but I can't fold it small enough to put it back in the bag.

Best Two Guy's in the Buisness!
Jason at KOR

Marcus at RCO

Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
post #11 of 12 Old 03-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Ipe
Rock God

Yet another Bestop Trail Cover vote here. I've had mine for two years now and it works great.

post #12 of 12 Old 03-28-2011, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Pulled the trigger on the Bestop...thanks for the inputs.

What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, honorably discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode