Pictures of Unlimited with 2.5 inch lift, 35s, and flat fenders - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 03-25-2011, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Pictures of Unlimited with 2.5 inch lift, 35s, and flat fenders

Today I installed the 2.5 Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod and 35-12.5-17 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires on my wife's Unlimited. I also have a set of Bushwacker flatties sitting in the garage destined for her Jeep, but now we are having second thoughts about the amount of wheel well gap. Anyone have pictures with this combo?

Here is a pic of how it sits now.

Marc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Rock God

I don't have the Bushwacker's. Will PSC flares do?

Build thread here:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46680

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, + upper control arms:RRD remote reservoir shocks:Teraflex Speed Bumps:Poison Spyder bumpers, fenders, and rockers: Gen Right tire carrier: Rigid duallies, 20 and 50 bars, fogs: Trucklites: Off Road Hero's Top: Genesis Off Road dual battery kit:
post #3 of 21 Old 03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Banned

If you get flat flares I will take those off of your hands, i hate the sahara fenders. pleazzeee will pay for shipping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
Today I installed the 2.5 Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod and 35-12.5-17 Dick Cepek Mud Country tires on my wife's Unlimited. I also have a set of Bushwacker flatties sitting in the garage destined for her Jeep, but now we are having second thoughts about the amount of wheel well gap. Anyone have pictures with this combo?

Here is a pic of how it sits now.

I love the way that looks, I am thinking the same lift for mine but maybe with 33's and keep the stock flares. I know what you mean about the proportion of space between the tire to flare gap and wondering if the RK 2.5" and 33's will look ok....I love the DW Blue and the black wheels.

Tom

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
ORH soft top, Procomp 7069's,Poly Performance leveling spacers
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, PSC Evap Skid, CB, Hi-Lift

post #5 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Rock God

got any flex pics of this beast? I think I am gonna go the same route, but am a little worried about the amount of flex you get for such a simple kit?

07' Unlimited X
PSC Bumpers F/R
8k Warn winch
2.5" RK Max Travel
35" MTR's
5:13 yukons
Sleeved/Gusseted front
Dynomax pre-axle exhaust
post #6 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesrb View Post
I don't have the Bushwacker's. Will PSC flares do?

Build thread here:
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46680
If I had the $$$, these would already be on my Jeep.

2010 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Rubicon with a part from everyone...
post #7 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Granite Guru

Garage
post #8 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Granite Guru

Some sharp looking Jeeps. I really like the 4 doors.

member AO128
post #9 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 04:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Your Jeep will look so much better without those huge meat curtains. Install the flat fenders.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #10 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Granite Guru

Install the bushwackers, they do make the tires look smaller but 35's are big enough that it looks good IMO
post #11 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Her Jeep will look so much better without those huge meat curtains. Install the flat fenders.
Fixed it for you. I roll 2 doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexicon View Post
Install the bushwackers, they do make the tires look smaller but 35's are big enough that it looks good IMO
That's the problem. She looked at it the way it sits now and says "I'm going to need 37s if we put on the Bushwackers"

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #12 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Granite Guru

More pics please. I also have an unlimited with a 2.5" spring lift. I love the flat fender look but am worried about too much wheel gap. What's the actual measured height of the dick cepecks? My 34" maxis bighorns measure 33 on the dot

Gap reference

2010 Surf Blue Unlimited

Last edited by b4tn; 03-26-2011 at 05:58 PM.
post #13 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 05:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
Fixed it for you. I roll 2 doors.

That's the problem. She looked at it the way it sits now and says "I'm going to need 37s if we put on the Bushwackers"
37's and you'll need a regear.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #14 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4tn View Post
More pics please. I also have an unlimited with a 2.5" spring lift. I love the flat fender look but am worried about too much wheel gap. What's the actual measured height of the dick cepecks? My 34" maxis bighorns measure 33 on the dot
I really think you will be fine, but that is just my opinion of course. The "look" is very subjective! My Nitto's measure a little over 34 1/2 and I don't think there is too much of a gap between them and the fenders front or rear. If you didn't check out my build thread here are a few closer shots..

Hope this helps! I know I agonized over some of my choices, but I finally just had to pull the trigger. I'm happy with how it turned out, but I do have room for 37's

Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, + upper control arms:RRD remote reservoir shocks:Teraflex Speed Bumps:Poison Spyder bumpers, fenders, and rockers: Gen Right tire carrier: Rigid duallies, 20 and 50 bars, fogs: Trucklites: Off Road Hero's Top: Genesis Off Road dual battery kit:
post #15 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
37's and you'll need a regear.
I know and c gussets and sleeves for the D30 and steering upgrades and.......... That why 37s are out of the question for now.

Marc

post #16 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

I would post here but I'm convinced my bushwackers are never coming(jeepaddon's) don't ask.Put em on looks way better than the stock junk.

Black Jeep
post #17 of 21 Old 03-26-2011, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4tn View Post
]
I don't know. Will have to go measure when she gets home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesrb View Post
I really think you will be fine, but that is just my opinion of course. The "look" is very subjective! My Nitto's measure a little over 34 1/2 and I don't think there is too much of a gap between them and the fenders front or rear. If you didn't check out my build thread here are a few closer shots..

Hope this helps! I know I agonized over some of my choices, but I finally just had to pull the trigger. I'm happy with how it turned out, but I do have room for 37's
Thanks for the pictures. This is exactly what I was looking for. Ultimately it's up to her.

Marc

post #18 of 21 Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 AM

2009 Jeep Sahara with 2.5" AEV on 35's stock 18 rims

Here is a pic of my 2009 Jeep Sahara Unlimited.
Stock 18" rims
35" Toyo MT's
2.5 JKU AEV lift kit
Attached Images

post #19 of 21 Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Rock God

Last edited by jeeperjkjeeper; 04-13-2013 at 12:14 PM.
post #20 of 21 Old 03-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Rock God

IMO ... Leave it alone.

With that said... a full stuff in the rear did rub on my 2.5" TF 2dr.
Four 3/4" pucks solved the problem for my 35's.

.................................................. .....................

Sorry, Just not a fan of flat flares.

Davesrb ... Do you still have your stockers?

Last edited by ZOSO-Green; 03-15-2013 at 09:29 AM.
post #21 of 21 Old 03-16-2013, 06:19 AM
Granite Guru

I had a bunch of rubbing issues in the front with factory flares. 2" OME HD lift, 35's and Bushwackers now. With that said Im dumping the Bushwackers for a set of aluminum flares. Bushwackers have turned out to be a little fragile and their after sale support sucks giant balls. Damage one flare and you have to buy atleast a pair. Flexed out:

2012 Rubicon Unlimited

Its almost done!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dan Jones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode