Help please! Lift not level - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Help please! Lift not level

I recently installed a daystar comfort ride 1 3/4 lift to my 4 door unlimited and its not level. I didn't think it was going to be level but now the rake is bothering me since I have a bumper/ winch on the way and I know it will be worse.

What is the largest size spacer I can add to the front without modifying anything else? I was thinking of replacing the front 1 3/4 spacers with 2.5 inch spacers or adding a 3/4 inch spacer on top of it. Will this work? Will I need longer shocks or anything else?

Thank you all in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 04:08 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

With a 2.5" front spacer you will want shock extensions or longer shocks for sure. With a 2.5" spacer and stock shocks you'll have about 1" of down travel. Not good.

Otherwise you'll be ok. You might want some longer sway bar links, the cheap way to do that is to find someone trying to get rid of their rear stock links and put them in the front. Works like a charm.

I'm here if you need any help with anything.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Awesome thanks for the tips. Do you think it would level out with a 2.5" spacer in the front and a 1.75 in the back? Im looking into teraflex 2.5 spacers, and I guess new day star scorpion shocks (for 2-3 inch lifts) to match the rears (just longer up front), but could you recommend any aftermarket sway bar links that would be a little longer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Granite Guru

I have the same issue. I got the rc 2.5" bb. ( rear 1.75"). Both have the shock extenders and brakeline extenders. Mine has a pretty servers rake and have been looking in to correcting using a 3" lift from spring and new shocks. Mine looked great and was pretty much level until I put my front bumper and winch on. This mostly is due to the soft and low spring rate of the factory spring. It'd take I feel around a 4" front spacer to level it if re using the factory front springs. Just my findings so far! Will be ordering springs pretty quick.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd123 View Post
I recently installed a daystar comfort ride 1 3/4 lift to my 4 door unlimited and its not level. I didn't think it was going to be level but now the rake is bothering me since I have a bumper/ winch on the way and I know it will be worse.

What is the largest size spacer I can add to the front without modifying anything else? I was thinking of replacing the front 1 3/4 spacers with 2.5 inch spacers or adding a 3/4 inch spacer on top of it. Will this work? Will I need longer shocks or anything else?

Thank you all in advance
No, I didn't read all the posts. If you're looking to go somewhat inexpensive consider Adjustable Coil Spacers http://www.quadratec.com/products/16156_002.htm, I'm not promoting this vendor just showing you what they are. I used this type of set-up and the first thing I ordered for my rig was a bumper and winch. I hadn't corrected rake first and when I got it all put on I had tire rub on the frame. Put on the adjustable spacers and problem solved. This was my solution, hope it helps you.

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
post #6 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWREVER View Post
No, I didn't read all the posts. If you're looking to go somewhat inexpensive consider Adjustable Coil Spacers http://www.quadratec.com/products/16156_002.htm, I'm not promoting this vendor just showing you what they are. I used this type of set-up and the first thing I ordered for my rig was a bumper and winch. I hadn't corrected rake first and when I got it all put on I had tire rub on the frame. Put on the adjustable spacers and problem solved. This was my solution, hope it helps you.
That seems like another good option for sure. Were any modifications involved in the install or were they bolt on?
post #7 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Also what about new springs? would this be another option for me?
post #8 of 8 Old 03-25-2011, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd123 View Post
That seems like another good option for sure. Were any modifications involved in the install or were they bolt on?
Never mind the quadratec page answered my question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode