looking for guidance - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 03-22-2011, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

looking for guidance

I bought a brand new 2011 wrangler unlimited sport, automatic, last weekend and have spent the last week reading and searching everything i can find to get as much info as possible before making decisions on the rout to go with my new Jeep.

The jeep will by my daily driver, but there will be the occasional off road excursion, beach, camping, big bend state park, nothing too intense. So based on the research i've done i think i came up with a good street setup that will work with my minimal off road requirements, and i'd like any opnions from people with more expertise and experience before i actually make it happen.

what im looking at is this.....Tereflex 2.5 lift kit with shocks....procomp 7005 17x8 wheels, with Duratrac 285/70/r17.....or procomp 7031 16x8 wheels, with Nitto terra grapplers 305/70/r16.

With either of these set up's, from what i've read, i shouldn't have to worry about regearing, and changing driveshafts, and all the other expensive up grades that larger lifts and tires come with, and i should be able to ride comfortably down the highway. If anyone has more insight into this or any helpful advise i'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance for all the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Sounds like a good plan.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 5 Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP11 View Post
I bought a brand new 2011 wrangler unlimited sport, automatic, last weekend and have spent the last week reading and searching everything i can find to get as much info as possible before making decisions on the rout to go with my new Jeep.

The jeep will by my daily driver, but there will be the occasional off road excursion, beach, camping, big bend state park, nothing too intense. So based on the research i've done i think i came up with a good street setup that will work with my minimal off road requirements, and i'd like any opnions from people with more expertise and experience before i actually make it happen.

what im looking at is this.....Tereflex 2.5 lift kit with shocks....procomp 7005 17x8 wheels, with Duratrac 285/70/r17.....or procomp 7031 16x8 wheels, with Nitto terra grapplers 305/70/r16.

With either of these set up's, from what i've read, i shouldn't have to worry about regearing, and changing driveshafts, and all the other expensive up grades that larger lifts and tires come with, and i should be able to ride comfortably down the highway. If anyone has more insight into this or any helpful advise i'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance for all the help.
I'm partial to Rock Krawler Suspension products (nothing against Teraflex, they make great stuff too), so I'd recommend you look at their 2.5" Max Travel or the 2.5" Stock Mod system. If you go Stock Mod you can add components as you go (control arms, etc), or just jump right in and go with the Max Travel. You are correct though, drive shafts are fine at this height and will benefit even more from the adjustable control arms. As far as tires, both of your choices are good rubber.

I run the Stock Mod right now with 35" Toyo MTs and will be adding lower arms for my birthday next month. I put roughly 3-400 highway miles on it a month and it handles very well.

Hope that helps, good luck

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-22-2011, 08:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

And BTW, get in contact with Marcus at River City Offroad (his username is RiverCityOffroad)...he'll answer any questions you might and has great prices, not to mention he's a good dood. He's in the Austin area I believe.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #5 of 5 Old 03-22-2011, 08:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The list of parts match your use quite well. You might want to use the 17" wheel due to better selection of tires. I'm a list type that keeps growing. Keep reading and learning. You will have better understanding after just a few trips on the trail. Go with someone with experience to help you.
As for Marcus, some say he likes fruit loops, but I know he's married to great gal. Good to go on your parts for the Jeep.

Last edited by 4x4x4; 03-22-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode