2011 Owner's Manual - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
2011 Owner's Manual

Hey guys,

Has anyone received the "2011 Jeep Wrangler Owner's Manual" with the purchase of a new vehicle? I am referring to the one that is approx 565 pages. Not nthe half azzed User Info guide.

There is a pdf version on the owner's site and it can be purchased for $29.95.

I have purchased many new vehicles (five this year alone) and have never had to buy an owner's manual. Or did the dealership not give me them?

thanks in advance.

Oh yeah... I searched the site and couldn't ind it if the topic exists.

Last edited by mickbee; 03-21-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 12:57 PM

I think you're you're possibly referring to the service manual? They contain technical specifications and procedures for how to repair your vehicle. Service manuals are always extra.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
I think you're you're possibly referring to the service manual? They contain technical specifications and procedures for how to repair your vehicle. Service manuals are always extra.

No. The owner's manual. The fat book that comes with the vehicle; describing the general system functions, safety items (e.g. don't drink & Drive, child seat install, etc). Not the service manual which is typically several volumes.

It typically comes in the folder with the other books. there is quick start-type book and dvd, but that was it... The docs it came with don't describe the features of using most features such as dif lock, stabilizer disengage with the Rubi.

Trying to figure out if Jeep is being Cheap or the dealer is a complete baboon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 01:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think I saw it posted they aren't coming with a paper copy anymore. I'd call the dealer and bitch though, it's ridiculous spending that kind of $$$$$ on a vehicle and not getting the book. Then again maybe they've been reading forums and realizing a lot of people dont read theirs and just come online and ask questions how to work shit that is covered in them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #5 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Rock God

Garage

I only got the disc.
post #6 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
I think I saw it posted they aren't coming with a paper copy anymore. I'd call the dealer and bitch though, it's ridiculous spending that kind of $$$$$ on a vehicle and not getting the book. Then again maybe they've been reading forums and realizing a lot of people dont read theirs and just come online and ask questions how to work shit that is covered in them
Sounds like a plan. All safety info is in the book. If a buyer doesn't use a computer or requires the info on the road they are SOL. If someone gets hurt or killed they'll have a bit of a liability issue.

GM is in the toilet, or trying to climb out and they deliver the paper.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
trw
Granite Guru

They aren't printing it on paper anymore.

I had the same curiosity when I bought my '11 back in September, I drove back up to the dealer and asked them where my manual was. Turns out the CD is now the manual and if you want a specific page to keep with you, you have to print it out.

2011 JK, made the year before we all die, warranty be damned.
post #8 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

This made headlines about a year ago, Chrysler id the first manufacture to go green. Your salesperson should have gone over this when you purchased the vehicle. You will be a DVD and most importantly a quick reference guidebook or QRGB. The QRGB has nice colored pictures and has a lot of important data concerning Dash lights,soft top/hard top features and more importantly Fluids/fuses in the back. You can download a free PDF if your old school.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #9 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Granite Guru

I don't know what you're paying for but the owners manual download is free

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

There is another thread on this subject

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46948

Last edited by FosDad; 03-20-2011 at 09:31 PM.
post #10 of 14 Old 03-21-2011, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemonto View Post
This made headlines about a year ago, Chrysler id the first manufacture to go green. Your salesperson should have gone over this when you purchased the vehicle. You will be a DVD and most importantly a quick reference guidebook or QRGB. The QRGB has nice colored pictures and has a lot of important data concerning Dash lights,soft top/hard top features and more importantly Fluids/fuses in the back. You can download a free PDF if your old school.

Jason

There are a lot of things my sales person should have gone over but didn't; another story for another day. trust me, that will come in 48 hours if the dealership does not resolve the 2-week open issues for both Jeeps I just purchased.

Going green in this instance is just an excuse to cut cost. Yeah I get it the PDF is available, and I downloaded it. However it doesn't help if you are a first time Jeep owner and need a reference on the road or trail will a specific item.

When first Jeep hunting I asked one dealer for a brochure and they said to go on line and responded by saying that Chrysler and most dealers wouldn't be so bad off if they cut out the cost of $20.00 per brochure.

Again, no safety information in the pretty little information guide, just how to turn on the lights. I'm fairly certain that every one driving a car for the past 20 years is familiar with the process of turning on lights but my not know how to lock and unlock their sway bars and differentials for example.

However, my 18 year old son with his first Jeep and first removable hardtop would benefit knowing how to remove and STORE the roof panels. The information to store the panels on the child restraint hooks is only in Owner's manual.

So folks such as my parents, still within the age bracket to buy a car, yet not computer savvy or rarely use a computer will not access the PDF or find a wealth of knowledge such as this forum.

It is lame a vehicle with an MSRP of $22k-$40k does not provide details on the operation.

I'd be cool not knowing how to tune the radio though don't believe you should be required to go online for the proper seatbelt or child seat installation process.

Lastly, I've ben a member of many forums and can't recall ranting about anything on any of them...
post #11 of 14 Old 03-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Wheeler

This isn't that big a deal. If you look in your green canvas folder with the quick reference guide you'll find a toll-free number to call if you want a printed copy of your owners manual. Call the number and request your copy. You don't even have to confirm you are a Wrangler owner. Your manual(s) will arrive at the address you supply in about a week. There is no cost to you.

No conspiracies…just an effort by Chrysler to keep costs down and to appease the greenies.

2011 Mango Tango Sport Unlimited
Black Rock Viper Series 900B wheels
Body Armor RockCrawler Side Guards
Viair 400H Onboard Air
post #12 of 14 Old 03-21-2011, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaMan View Post
This isn't that big a deal. If you look in your green canvas folder with the quick reference guide you'll find a toll-free number to call if you want a printed copy of your owners manual. Call the number and request your copy. You don't even have to confirm you are a Wrangler owner. Your manual(s) will arrive at the address you supply in about a week. There is no cost to you.

No conspiracies…just an effort by Chrysler to keep costs down and to appease the greenies.
Thanks VaMan. I will try again. To date the info I received is I must pay $29.95 per copy.
post #13 of 14 Old 03-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbee View Post
Thanks VaMan. I will try again. To date the info I received is I must pay $29.95 per copy.
You shouldn't have to pay anything. I called and recieved mine within a week. I was actually surprised at how quick and easy the process was.

2011 Mango Tango Sport Unlimited
Black Rock Viper Series 900B wheels
Body Armor RockCrawler Side Guards
Viair 400H Onboard Air
post #14 of 14 Old 03-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbee View Post
There are a lot of things my sales person should have gone over but didn't; another story for another day. trust me, that will come in 48 hours if the dealership does not resolve the 2-week open issues for both Jeeps I just purchased.

Going green in this instance is just an excuse to cut cost. Yeah I get it the PDF is available, and I downloaded it. However it doesn't help if you are a first time Jeep owner and need a reference on the road or trail will a specific item.

When first Jeep hunting I asked one dealer for a brochure and they said to go on line and responded by saying that Chrysler and most dealers wouldn't be so bad off if they cut out the cost of $20.00 per brochure.

Again, no safety information in the pretty little information guide, just how to turn on the lights. I'm fairly certain that every one driving a car for the past 20 years is familiar with the process of turning on lights but my not know how to lock and unlock their sway bars and differentials for example.

However, my 18 year old son with his first Jeep and first removable hardtop would benefit knowing how to remove and STORE the roof panels. The information to store the panels on the child restraint hooks is only in Owner's manual.

So folks such as my parents, still within the age bracket to buy a car, yet not computer savvy or rarely use a computer will not access the PDF or find a wealth of knowledge such as this forum.

It is lame a vehicle with an MSRP of $22k-$40k does not provide details on the operation.

I'd be cool not knowing how to tune the radio though don't believe you should be required to go online for the proper seatbelt or child seat installation process.

Lastly, I've ben a member of many forums and can't recall ranting about anything on any of them...
QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE BOOK will have all the answers and its pretty with larger color pictures much better than the traditional owners manual IMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaMan View Post

Thanks!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode