Clutch/Brake issue - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Clutch/Brake issue

The reason I say clutch/brake is cause I don't know what the issue really is. If I am going up a hill and come to a stop. When I let out on the clutch the jeep doesn't roll. It takes a second or two. You can turn the wheel a little bit and it will release quicker. But the problem here is that if you try and let out on the clutch like normal before the "brakes" release then it is hard to start off.

Has anyone else seen this. I firgured they might have added something to the clutch to help girls drive a manual. j/k girls.... I really don't like the 6 speed I had rather have my old 5 speed back.

Next Question..

How hard is it to remove the carpet. My old 94 wrangler was easy. But I do believe they have made it harder from the looks of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Granite Guru

its called hill assist, its basically like a line lock in your brakes to hold you from rolling backwards on hills. it even works in reverse when backing up a hill. if you search for hill assist on here you should find the instructions on how to disable it.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Granite Guru

Instructions for disabling it depend on the model year. On 2011s it under the personal settings in the EVIC. I don't know what it is on older models but its probably listed in your owners manual (RTFM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by caglezxj View Post
Next Question..

How hard is it to remove the carpet.
it comes right up

Last edited by FosDad; 03-19-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-20-2011, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guys... It really bothers me. Might help my wife since she is a little slower but I figured it was something to help new manual drivers....

Will remove the carpet tonight...
post #5 of 7 Old 03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
Rock God

I have the 6 speed, and at first it freaked me out, but once I read up on it and then went and played with it, I found it very use full. On mine the harder I press on it the longer it stays on, and the harder it holds on to the jeep.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #6 of 7 Old 03-20-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Carpet is out, came out easy... I bet it doesn't go back in that easy. Anyone here buy a rear rubber mat that fits good? Waiting for weathertech to come out with theirs. I do have the front floor liners. By the way how you do fasten them? You know the carpet had the tab to keep them in place. I thought about drilling and placing a tab in the sheetmetal for them. Any other ideas?
post #7 of 7 Old 03-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Rock God

I dont mean to high jack but when did the hill assist become an option, my 08 doesnt have it.

2008 Jeep JK Unlimited Rescue Green NSG370
RK 3.5 X Factor mid arm
37x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers
PSC BFH trail stinger
PSC narrow fenders

A lot more to come very soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode