Trektop NX where's it at? I need one!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 Old 03-19-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to superdavis78 Send a message via Yahoo to superdavis78 Send a message via Skype™ to superdavis78
Trektop NX where's it at? I need one!!

Does anyone know when the Trektop NX will hit stores? I was going to go ahead and get a Trektop, but heard abou the new and improved coming out soon....so I decided to wait. I'm dying to get the hard top off, and a soft top on!

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 03-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Won't be released until June

09 BLACK Sahara 4 Door - Auto, G2 4.88s
TF 2.5" Coil Lift w/shocks, TF Frnt Adj Trac, TF FLCA, JKS Discos, JKS Rear Adj Trac, LOD Full Rear GEN2,
A.C.E. Rock Rails, Viper TB: Check the Garage for more.
post #3 of 43 Old 03-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

It's gonna be a huge seller for Bestop. I want one to!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 03-20-2011, 11:51 AM
Granite Guru

I ordered one from 4wd.com and I called and talked to Bestop. They claimed they planned to have them out by May.
post #5 of 43 Old 03-20-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to superdavis78 Send a message via Yahoo to superdavis78 Send a message via Skype™ to superdavis78

There is a place that is close to where I live that has is for $495.99 with the discount coupon code. With KY sales tax it's $510 and some change. I think I am going to go ahead and order it tomorrow before 10pm (when the discount expires). I'm ready to get my hard top off, and maybe sell it!! IDK yet!!

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport
post #6 of 43 Old 03-20-2011, 04:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have the Bestop Trektop NX ordered and as I understand it will be delayed. The last word was June, but I'm hoping it can be sooner. I don't think anyone has the new one yet except someone at Bestop. Mine was 4 door $591 plus tax and free shipping. I don't think you will find it cheaper. (Jeep Top Depot)

Last edited by 4x4x4; 03-20-2011 at 05:46 PM.
post #7 of 43 Old 03-20-2011, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

truckaddons.com is where I found it for the price I previously posted. When the special offer ends, it is around $535. The best I have found on the web.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport
post #8 of 43 Old 03-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdavis78 View Post
truckaddons.com is where I found it for the price I previously posted. When the special offer ends, it is around $535. The best I have found on the web.
If it takes as long as its taking to get my bushwackers from truckadd ons You might as well order an ORH top.

Black Jeep
post #9 of 43 Old 03-20-2011, 04:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMann View Post
I ordered one from 4wd.com and I called and talked to Bestop. They claimed they planned to have them out by May.
they also claimed that my Bestop highrock "wench"(as their service manager called it 5 times in email) bumper was performing as it should, it would BEND while I used my winch on it.

I would bet it will not even be out by June and I wont buy shit from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #10 of 43 Old 03-20-2011, 05:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have had issues with Truckaddons not delivering on time. I won't ever use them again.
I know I'm going to have to wait for Bestop but just keep hoping for the best.

Warning: Check the reviews on Truckaddons customer no service.

Last edited by 4x4x4; 03-21-2011 at 05:15 PM.
post #11 of 43 Old 03-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4 View Post
I have the Bestop Trektop NX ordered and as I understand it will be delayed. The last word was June, but I'm hoping it can be sooner. I don't think anyone has the new one yet except someone at Bestop. Mine was 4 door $591 plus tax and free shipping. I don't think you will find it cheaper. (Jeep Top Depot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkruss View Post
If it takes as long as its taking to get my bushwackers from truckadd ons You might as well order an ORH top.
Maybe they have Tim at ORH making the new "NX" top??? Bestop's new slogan: "we may be slow but not as slow as Tim"

The ORH top was very worth the 3 month wait for mine, Tim seems to be slow, disorganized and high on something, but he knows how to make a damn good soft top!

Tom

2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
ORH soft top, Procomp 7069's,Poly Performance leveling spacers
Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, PSC Evap Skid, CB, Hi-Lift

post #12 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Update from Bestop on the ship dates for the the new Trektop NX. This is the best info I can get and this is from Geoff who works there as part of the marketing department.

TJ
56820-15... 28-Mar
56820-35... 18-Mar
56820-37 ... 28-Mar

TJ Wrangler Unltd
56821-35... 18-Mar

JK
56822-35... 1-May 2 door
56823-35... 15-May 4 door

Video from Geoff and the company:

YouTube - BESTOP - TREKTOP NX draft 1.mov

Last edited by 4x4x4; 03-31-2011 at 03:53 PM.
post #13 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Awesome, thanks for the update and the video, now I really want it

09 BLACK Sahara 4 Door - Auto, G2 4.88s
TF 2.5" Coil Lift w/shocks, TF Frnt Adj Trac, TF FLCA, JKS Discos, JKS Rear Adj Trac, LOD Full Rear GEN2,
A.C.E. Rock Rails, Viper TB: Check the Garage for more.
post #14 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdavis78 View Post
Thanks for the order and glad JeepAddOns could get you a good price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkruss View Post
Wasn't so much of a truckaddons issue as an incomplete order to us and a screwy freight company issue, but regardless we did the best we could to get it to you as soon as we could and had it shipped out our doors within two hours of receipt of them. Funny stuff on the ORH though (or not funny if you got caught up in that mess he created)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4 View Post
I have had issues with Truckaddons not delivering on time. I won't ever use them again.
I know I'm going to have to wait for Bestop but just keep hoping for the best.

Warning: Check the reviews on Truckaddons customer no service.
I have no idea what your issue was, but I just checked and looks like an A+ BBB rating. I'm sure there were some issues that people have had along the line, but I can say that since I came on board in October of last year with the Jeep project, I'd challenge you to find many people around the Jeep community that has much of anything bad to say and I'm sure most will agree I have gone over and beyond trying to help fellow Jeep guys out. Anyway, I have spoken to Geoff as well this week after we placed our order on these and he gave me the same dates.

I'll say that if anyone is wanting these on the first shipment, regardless of what company they choose to buy from, they need to jump on it early. They have only so many that will be available during the first production run that they're receiving in May. Early orders will be fulfilled first and if you wait until they're actually released, then you'll likely have to wait until their second run because many of these are already spoken for.
post #15 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 06:46 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepaddons-chris View Post

4x4x4
I have no idea what your issue was, but I just checked and looks like an A+ BBB rating. I'm sure there were some issues that people have had along the line, but I can say that since I came on board in October of last year with the Jeep project, I'd challenge you to find many people around the Jeep community that has much of anything bad to say and I'm sure most will agree I have gone over and beyond trying to help fellow Jeep guys out. Anyway, I have spoken to Geoff as well this week after we placed our order on these and he gave me the same dates.

I'll say that if anyone is wanting these on the first shipment, regardless of what company they choose to buy from, they need to jump on it early. They have only so many that will be available during the first production run that they're receiving in May. Early orders will be fulfilled first and if you wait until they're actually released, then you'll likely have to wait until their second run because many of these are already spoken for.
Chris if you are running the Jeep portion of the business then maybe you deserve a shot at my business. My issues were over two years ago so it wasn't your side of the shop I took issue. Sounds like you understand the Jeep community and know we are loyal to those that serve and are willing to be fair. That is all I ask. Will give you a chance I'm sure. I like mods...
post #16 of 43 Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepaddons-chris View Post
Are these shipping yet Chris? Is the date still on for this month or did it get pushed back?
post #17 of 43 Old 05-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Granite Guru

not holding my breath on may but that would be awesome!
post #18 of 43 Old 05-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Rock God

Garage

I just watched the video and I'm not sure what top you guys are looking at and liking so much. The top that I saw in BestTop's very own video looked like crap. The fit is horrible. I just wished there was a way to get the ORH top without all the hassles.
post #19 of 43 Old 05-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I too decided to wait for the new one. I want one bad. I wouldn't sell my hard top or anything. I also want to wait until people on here post a few reviews. So when you guys get them post pics/reviews.
post #20 of 43 Old 05-03-2011, 10:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoridinTX View Post
Won't be released until June
Bestop had it on display in Moab and I spent a lot of time looking and messing with it. It is a very cool top.

The new NX version replaces the metal rods with the plastic mounts that are similiar to the OEM soft-top. The quarter windows also have a plastic insert to help the slantback portion keep it's shape better. The side panels and rear window are pretty easy to remove. Another cool feature is that the front of the top, where it meets the windshield frame, has gone back to the latch system and they did away with the screw in knobs. The top also has the option to be folded back, sunrider style, rather then rolled back on the current version.

At the Moab Expo they told me it should be available and shipping out in June.
post #21 of 43 Old 05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Will there be any issue of the top fitting with an sPod?

2011 Rubicon: Call of Duty - Black Ops JKU
|ACE Sliders & Fenders|XHD Bumpers|Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel|Trail Grappler 35s|Level 8 ZX|Teraflex Tire Carrier|sPOD|Smittybilt XRC10 Comp|Safari Straps|48" Hi-Lift|RIGID 50" E-series, 10" SR, D2s & Duallys|Poison Spider Mounts & Skids
Helicopter Pilot's Creed: If something hasn't happened yet, it's about to...

post #22 of 43 Old 05-04-2011, 09:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbee View Post
Will there be any issue of the top fitting with an sPod?
No. The top latches attach at the same spot as OEM which is further out behind the visors.
post #23 of 43 Old 05-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose512 View Post
No. The top latches attach at the same spot as OEM which is further out behind the visors.
Excellent thanks!

2011 Rubicon: Call of Duty - Black Ops JKU
|ACE Sliders & Fenders|XHD Bumpers|Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel|Trail Grappler 35s|Level 8 ZX|Teraflex Tire Carrier|sPOD|Smittybilt XRC10 Comp|Safari Straps|48" Hi-Lift|RIGID 50" E-series, 10" SR, D2s & Duallys|Poison Spider Mounts & Skids
Helicopter Pilot's Creed: If something hasn't happened yet, it's about to...

post #24 of 43 Old 05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
I just watched the video and I'm not sure what top you guys are looking at and liking so much. The top that I saw in BestTop's very own video looked like crap. The fit is horrible. I just wished there was a way to get the ORH top without all the hassles.
That is the TrekTop not the TrekTop NX. They dont have a video for the NX version yet which is supposed to be a very good upgrade. For the OP if you pre ordered early enough they expect 4 door ones to ship on May 20th but the 2dr is still TBD.
post #25 of 43 Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Granite Guru

sounds like an opportunity to score a used trektop for me!

who wants to sell me their old one when they get the new one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode