D'sjk the everyday driver build - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
D'sjk the everyday driver build

So I was building up my 2007 nice

but I hit a snag when a rod in the engine blew and with a 5 to 6 week delay and hefty price tags on engines I decided to do a new build and cut out some of what I was going to upgrade anyway (front axle & lockers…Plus the lower range t-case is nice)
The start 2011 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Black Ops

The Parts:
Rock Krawler 2.5 Pro Aluminum lift with Shocks
Rock Krawler Aluminum Front Bumper
Diablo Sport Trinity Programmer (2011 tune will be out soon)
Mile Marker Scout Winch
Poly Performance Ball Joints
Poly Performance Outer sleeves
TeraFlex 2.5 Speed Bump kit
TeraFlex Big Brake Kit w/slotted rotors
JE REEL Driveshaft’s
Warrior gen2 Tube Fenders and rear tail gate accessories
ATX Ledge Teflon Wheels
ACE Rock Rails
ACE Rear Bumper
S-Pod with Air Gauge and Low Voltage cut off
5.13 Gears
And one of my favorite things 37in MTR Kevlar Tires

Oh one last thing:
Custom Vinyl Wrap

Waiting on pockets to fill back up for:
RIPP GEN 2 Supercharger
River Raider Aluminum skids
MBRP Exhaust
Rubi Crawler
Fox Steering Stabilizer
Reid Racing Knuckles
axle shafts (TBD)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by d'sjk; 03-09-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

cant wait to see this. will you have your jeep saturday?

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #3 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
cant wait to see this. will you have your jeep saturday?
I will have it there for a bit but I than need to go meet the powdercoater and go to the tire shop.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 07:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Very cool!!! Good luck.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #5 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Photos of product

This is the VICTIM Bumper that we installed on my buddies jeep mine will have d-ring mounts

post #6 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
Very cool!!! Good luck.
Thanks!

post #7 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 07:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Sweet build list, but it's far from a typical everyday driver! Why did you go for new wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #8 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Sweet build list, but it's far from a typical everyday driver! Why did you go for new wheels?
I figure compared to the coin and parts list of some of the other daily drivers this was mild, but I do see your point.
I am however keeping everything bolt-on and nothing too extreme in cost comparative to the River Raider, MBRP, AEV, and Extreme 4x4 builds. Plus it is easily broken up in stages for those who have limited funds.

I only went with new wheels because of back spacing and I do not like running spacers. I also had a little bit extra in the budget to swing this but it was between these a set of Pro Comp 7089 or just a set of Crager Soft 8's from Summit Racing which are only $350 shipped to my door for 4.

Last edited by d'sjk; 03-09-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: after tought
post #9 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

hell yeah can't wait to see this thing come together! nice job

Teraflex - Poly Performance - Poison Spyder - Off Road Hero's - Rugged Ridge - Superchips - Goodyear - aFe
post #10 of 69 Old 03-09-2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwang View Post
hell yeah can't wait to see this thing come together! nice job
Thanks!

I hope everything else goes without a hitch as it has taken me 5 weeks to just be able to get & start installing parts.

post #11 of 69 Old 03-10-2011, 05:40 AM
JKowners Vendor

Looks good buddy! I really like the look of the stock Black Ops JK's but yours is going to be over the top! Let us know if there is anything that we can help with. We would love to be part of this build...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #12 of 69 Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

Damn... lookin good.
post #13 of 69 Old 03-10-2011, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Man I just hit a snag on the tires! The shop I was getting them from had them showing in the system at the main warehouse but than they go to look and can not find anywhere! We are trying to track some down but are running into all kinds of trouble so I might have to settle with 35's than jump up at a later date.

Goodyear has even pulled MTR and Duratracs off their main webpage for SUV tires.

post #14 of 69 Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
more packages came today!

I also got the jeep back from vinyl

post #15 of 69 Old 03-11-2011, 08:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

wow that vinyl is looking sweet

great build so far, cant wait to see the finished product
post #16 of 69 Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

that vinyl is sweet. cant wait to see this build come together.

2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads
post #17 of 69 Old 03-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Rock God

This is gonna be a cool build, looking forward to see it all come together.

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything
post #18 of 69 Old 03-14-2011, 07:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'sjk View Post
Goodyear has even pulled MTR and Duratracs off their main webpage for SUV tires.
I saw MTRs on Goodyear's website yesterday.
post #19 of 69 Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
I saw MTRs on Goodyear's website yesterday.
That is odd I just went online and found them now but looking around everyone has at least a month waiting period for them

post #20 of 69 Old 03-14-2011, 07:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d'sjk View Post
That is odd I just went online and found them now but looking around everyone has at least a month waiting period for them
Yeah it took me about that long to get mine and about 2 weeks after I got mine, they went on back order again. Now they are just waiting to get mounted.
post #21 of 69 Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Cool graphics! You should send each of those companies a message and see if they'd be willing to donate some parts to your build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #22 of 69 Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Cool graphics! You should send each of those companies a message and see if they'd be willing to donate some parts to your build.
THANKS! We will see what happens but reguardless it cuts downon the questions of "what company did you get that from?" And I really like to support the companies that field my overwhelming at times phone calls before I bought the product because of more over analyzing.

post #23 of 69 Old 03-14-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

New update:

The lift and speedbumps are in and work great the

The hiccup however is that the new HD Alum Tie Rod is too big for the bracket off a 2011 steering stabilizer
That being said I am now running my Rig with no steering stabilizer until Rock Krawler releases their RRD Steering Stabilizer with the bracket to fit in the next 1 or 2 months maybe. ( I am so glad I did not buy an after market)

post #24 of 69 Old 03-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Rock God

Garage

Awesome stuff. Looking forward to seeing this one in person!

post #25 of 69 Old 03-17-2011, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulVento View Post
Awesome stuff. Looking forward to seeing this one in person!

Thanks!

Well on another note the tire shop ended up recieving the wrong tires so now I am back on the hunt to get tires for this rig!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode