35's - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

35's

Ok i wanna go with 35's on my jk but like the low cog look and i am wondering if i will be ok running 35's with just a leveling kit for a few weeks untill i can trim the fenders.... whats a good tire for 70 30 highway/ wheeling.... thank you!!!

JK ready for the build but the pockets aint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 07:54 PM
JKO Addict!

You'll be rubbing a lot on the inner fenders and the bumpers. Are you allowed to run without fenders in NC?

May want to order a cheap BB (2.5") to get yourself well clear of the 35's. BB's resell easily and quickly and will take care of you. If you're looking to put the tires on the stock rims, you'll need wheel spacers too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #3 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

ive got a tera flex leveling kit and spider trax spacers already... will i be ok on 35's or what a good size if i wanna stay with the leveling kit i have now.... like 285/70/17 or bigger? or no

Sorry i should have said i have a 4 door rubi

Last edited by jchmelo; 03-05-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Rock God

I just put 35" on my sport 2 door, with 1.5" wheel spacers, no lift. Look in the scrapbook I have a thread. It may help you out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #5 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

do you rub alot???

post #6 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

measure the true size of your tires (some run small).
My 34.8" tires rub all factory fenders under full articulation with a 2.5 coil lift and 2" bumpstops front and rear.

You can always mount and then test.
I would doubt a leveling kit would fit 35's, but I could be wrong.

RUBI / 37" Grappler's / 3.5 RK X / 5.38's
RockKrawler : PoisonSpyder : RCV :LOD : Iggee : sPOD : Nitto : WARN : Yukon : Rock Hard : Tatton : PolyPerformance
REBEL OFFROAD
post #7 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 09:50 PM
JKO Addict!

guy up here runs 37's flat fenders no problem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #8 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 09:51 PM
JKowners Vendor

What "leveling kit"? 3/4"? 3"?

We run 285/70/17's on our rentals with 1.5" spacers on 2"-2.5" spring lifts (have used the 2.5" TF in the past also). No rubbing problems. See pic for this set-up. FYI, GY's run true, so a 285/70/17 GY is bigger than the same stamped size on a BFG.

If you move up to 35's, when flexing (not even necessarily disconnected) you will start to see rubbing on the front of your rear inner flares, and on your front tires hitting the front bumper and/or air dam, if you still have the stock front bumper stuff on.

As for tire selection: what style of wheeling do you do when you do need it? If you need a rock/mud tire for wheeling, but also something that can handle wet roads, the GY MTR/K's are a great all-around performer, but they do require frequent balancing when you wheel, and you MUST adhere to strict tire pressure maintenance, or they will cup or otherwise wear oddly. BFG's allow you to be more lazy, but the KM2 seems slightly louder on pavement, and doesn't have the Kevlar sidewalls, though still pretty darn tough.

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #9 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchmelo View Post
Ok i wanna go with 35's on my jk but like the low cog look and i am wondering if i will be ok running 35's with just a leveling kit for a few weeks untill i can trim the fenders.... whats a good tire for 70 30 highway/ wheeling.... thank you!!!
You're more than welcome to drive to hagerstown MD and throw my 35's on if you wanna try em out. They are KM2's and perfect for DD/Trail duty in my opinion. I run them daily and beat the piss out of them at RC and they have held up great for 20k. Probably have another 20-30k left.

Just realized thats a 6 hour drive. But if you really wanna do it and cant find anyone around there the offer still stands.

Mod..Wheel..Break..Repeat

Criminals prefer unarmed victims:Μολὼν λαβέ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
I think I understand your question - but I am a two door guy.
post #10 of 13 Old 03-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchmelo View Post
do you rub alot???
No, but I am just testing it out. I have not flexed it an wont. This is just till some parts get here. I did get a little rubbing at full turn in to a steep drive way yester day not bad tho.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #11 of 13 Old 03-06-2011, 07:05 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

BFGoodrich KM2s are a great tire for the type of mixed driving you mentioned.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #12 of 13 Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

im running the tera flex leveling kit with 2 inch in rear and 1 up front....

im mainly hoping to run somethin close to a 35 untill i can get flat fenders on and just wanna make sure i can fit them on there.....

post #13 of 13 Old 03-07-2011, 07:47 AM
JKO Addict!

I have 315/70/17 km2s on xd addicts for sale In the for sale section... I'm just saying

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode