I could kill the jeep - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 03-04-2011, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I could kill the jeep

I am ready to kill my JK. I am tired of my jeep throwing random codes for no apparent reason. For the last few weeks it has been fine. I fixed the O2 sensor it was crying about and replaced the evap canister. All check engine codes disappeared and I was happy. But something since last night (there was a big temp change here) happened and now I am throwing DTC's again. And they are stupid DTC's. P0084 P00C1 P000d and P0056. This thing is just driving me nuts with these codes. I have checked my grounds, unfortuneatly my accu pro is a POS and cant clear the codes (which is stupid). I am at my wits end.

On another note, maybe the damn thing is just pissed because I went to the autoshow and looked at other cars. I dont feel like being in Stephen Kings "Christine" movie with my jeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

Drive it................Fawk em.

Method Motorsports

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Wheeler

i take it isn't still under warranty??

2010 Rubi
2006 BOM GTO
2004 Yamaha Banshee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 01:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Black tape over the codes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #5 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 07:10 AM
JKO Addict!

I"ve had this happen to me. I replaced almost all the sensors. Then finally, figured that the evap hoses that go into the gas tank were faulty. Only because all the same codes popped up again toward the end. So replaced those two hoses after dropping the tank...and WHAM.....they all went away and I've not had a problem sense then.

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

post #6 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 07:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGET IT View Post
Drive it................Fawk em.
exactly

my check engine light has been on forever for the O2 sensor and I just keep on driving it. fuck the whore

just wait your airbag light will come on soon. I have replaced a couple clock springs at work for air bag light codes and now mine has done the same thing.

Some day I pray for it to catch fire.

|
|
post #7 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 10:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourplyn View Post
I"ve had this happen to me. I replaced almost all the sensors. Then finally, figured that the evap hoses that go into the gas tank were faulty. Only because all the same codes popped up again toward the end. So replaced those two hoses after dropping the tank...and WHAM.....they all went away and I've not had a problem sense then.
interesting did you have to drop the tank to replace them or just dropped it for something else?

I have evap small and large leak codes, gascap code. cant find a leak anywhere, gasket is good on the evap.

My check engine light also comes on for O2 sensor. Idont think I can replaced the O2 sensors, the base of them are covered in baked on mud. I CANNOT pass inspection till I can get them to stay cleared long enough. I am now over due for inspection and registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #8 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Look at the back of your intake manifold the upper plastic plenum has a vacuum line fitting on it. Make sure that fitting isn't broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
interesting did you have to drop the tank to replace them or just dropped it for something else?

I have evap small and large leak codes, gascap code. cant find a leak anywhere, gasket is good on the evap.

My check engine light also comes on for O2 sensor. Idont think I can replaced the O2 sensors, the base of them are covered in baked on mud. I CANNOT pass inspection till I can get them to stay cleared long enough. I am now over due for inspection and registration

|
|
post #9 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyguy View Post
Look at the back of your intake manifold the upper plastic plenum has a vacuum line fitting on it. Make sure that fitting isn't broken
thanks I'll check that out. NC sucks I cant register until I pass inspection There is no way to cheat the system either with them plugging into the OBDII port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #10 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Rock God

Garage

Ive had the evap/gas cap code for about 3 months now. The other day I pulled the evap to put on my PSC skid and I took black silicone and put in on the inside of the hose connection and on the seal for the little white box on the outside of the evap can. Cleared the codes with my procal (advance will do it for free) and they have not come back yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mod..Wheel..Break..Repeat

Criminals prefer unarmed victims:Μολὼν λαβέ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
I think I understand your question - but I am a two door guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode