dual top (initial soft top installation) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-04-2011, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

dual top (initial soft top installation)

Anyone ever come across a good video demonstrating how to do the initial soft top install? I searched you tube and came up empty. (Or a good written link)

2010 2-door jk sahara Dual top option

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 AM
Wheeler

There used to be a video on Jeep's website. I don't know if it is still there.

Joe
Det. Yellow 4dr Rubicon
post #3 of 7 Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

from one of our own here, well it looks like a video of how to fold it down not install

YouTube - Official Airpark 2010 JK soft top video

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Dirty Minion for life™.:the finger:
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
The fact that there is some Fag in you should be upsetting to say the least.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Wheeler

Be thankful you got all of your component parts. I bought the same dual top option and didnt get the door surrounds and associated hardware. I am in the same boat as you.... I would like to have a discussion on initial installation.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Granite Guru

Go slow, dont' do it when it is going to rain in the next day, and don't do it when it is cold.

Your new roof is going to be -tight-, mine was so tight it was several days before I was able to get everything tucked in correctly (and it took overnight before I was able to get the two front clamps to fully latch)

Zombie Killer - 2010 Unlimited - Dark Charcoal Pearl
Follow my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or check out my

post #6 of 7 Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-caiver View Post
Go slow, dont' do it when it is going to rain in the next day, and don't do it when it is cold.

Your new roof is going to be -tight-, mine was so tight it was several days before I was able to get everything tucked in correctly (and it took overnight before I was able to get the two front clamps to fully latch)
Best thing to remember right there. You want to be able to unfold the top and let it lay in the sun for awhile to make a little more stretchy.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #7 of 7 Old 03-06-2011, 06:34 AM
cgm
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D10878 View Post
Be thankful you got all of your component parts. I bought the same dual top option and didnt get the door surrounds and associated hardware. I am in the same boat as you.... I would like to have a discussion on initial installation.
when i bought my jku in september, the dealership put in the boxes for the 2 door dual top, not the 4 door. they had someone from the dealership drive an hour the next day to switch out the boxes. if you got it new... call up that dealership!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode