No rear bumper? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

No rear bumper?

I'm looking for options for running with no rear bumper. I don't want to run with bare frame rails and I want to keep some kind of recovery point. The closest I have found to what I'm looking for is from SWAG but I think he quit making it. What other options are out there?

Marcus from RCO, if your reading this, you mentioned something to me this afternoon to check out but I forget now what it was. You remember?

Marc
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 03-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

You could either do your own- cutting off the rear frame rials, and welding/ boxing in a fabbed steel cross-member (bumper) with welded in shackle tabs/ rec mount....

or look into the minimalist choices from Rock Krawler or Poison Spyder. Both make a very low-profile bolt on with great departure angle. The PS one, you have to remove some of the OEM rear cross-member IIRC.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 30 Old 03-03-2011, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Yeah the BFH is nice but I'm just not sure I'm ready to clearance my frame rails yet. And the RK is not yet available and has no recovery points.

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Bodyguy <member here, did a very cool no bumper mod. He cut the rear frame a bit shorter and welded in a new cross member. He also welded on recovery points. I thinnk that Stu ^ post above, did something close to being the same. Great idea if you ask me and its on my never ending list of mods to make.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #5 of 30 Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Yeah, if I'm going to cut any way. I will just go with the BFH. It would be the cleanest option. I just need to man up and cut the frame.

Marc

post #6 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Any one else have any ideas?

Marc

post #7 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Rock God

Talking

Yea bring it over I will cut it, ask anybody. Unsub

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
post #8 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Rock God

Offroad evolution posted this on thier facebook page a while back, it's kinda sounds like what you are looking for:
Attached Images

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything
post #9 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

That looks like it could work well. Can't find it on their site though. Guess I can email them and ask.

Marc

post #10 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 08:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
Yeah the BFH is nice but I'm just not sure I'm ready to clearance my frame rails yet. And the RK is not yet available and has no recovery points.

It was actually pretty easy to do. Use a plasma cutter though. Cut through it like butter.
post #11 of 30 Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
That looks like it could work well. Can't find it on their site though. Guess I can email them and ask.
From what I gathered from their post on facebook it seems as if this is a new product that hasn't been released quite yet. It definitely wouldn't be a bad idea to email them about it though.

2008 X 2-door, 35" Duratacs, Clayton Long-arm, geared and locked

2012 Rubi 2-door, 37" Nittos, Method Beadlocks, JKS Suspension, JCR everything
post #12 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

anyone end up getting one of these??? want it!

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
D60 Front 99-04 Ford ARB w/ 5.38
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #13 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Wheeler

I was in the same boat and ordered the EVO frame caps but got tired of waiting on their release. I didn't want to cut the frame yet and still wanted the option of a hitch without having to fabricate something up so the Poison Spyder BFH was out. I went with the JCR offroad rear stubby. Made in Michigan, clean and great price. I keep meaning to get pics up. It is the best option for a great clearance rear stubby that just bolts right on without cutting and looks cleaner that bare rails.
post #14 of 30 Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Rock God

Rugged Ridge has their new aluminum XHD bumper. You get the bumperettes and can purchase an optional center piece.

Wrangler Mountain Edition

Rock Krawler Synergy JKS LoD Goodyear
post #15 of 30 Old 02-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

i'm pretty sure i read a posting by rock krawler that said that they weren't going to put their rear bumper into fab. but i think they said they were going to just do the front bumper. i could be wrong, but i really liked the rear bumper and would've bought it in a heart beat!

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
post #16 of 30 Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20JK10 View Post
Rugged Ridge has their new aluminum XHD bumper. You get the bumperettes and can purchase an optional center piece.

The more I see this the more I like it. I'd probably opt for the center piece. To me it looks a little unfinished otherwise.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #17 of 30 Old 02-07-2012, 09:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20JK10 View Post

Not a fan, looks like you have a pair of boobs with titty rings on the back of that thing.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #18 of 30 Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I wish evo would make a rear.... Wishful thinking! But these things are sweet! Not the rugged ridge but the evo!

Sent via your mom on a tricycle wearing a paper crown from Burger King

-Marc
2010 JKU -- 3.5" RE Lift -- EVO LCAs -- ARTEC Truss and TB mount -- 17" Procomp 7069 -- 37" Maxxis Treps -- Heated Trucklite Headlights -- Synergy Drag flip -- Synergy TR -- Synergy bj's-- EVO 1/4 Pounder -- EVO Tire Carrier -- 4 gal rotopax -- TF Third Row -- China AEV Snorkel

Coming up:
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #19 of 30 Old 02-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Granite Guru

I actually like the Rugged Ridge Bumper Pods. Unfortunately, they look to be out of my price range. A little over $500 to a little over $700 for just the Bumper Pods. I have also contacted EVO for those rear shackles but haven't heard back from them. So for me it looks like JCR Offroad will probably gettin my cash.

mark

2010 Rubicon Silver
Rugged Ridge XHD front Bumper
Shorty Antenna
post #20 of 30 Old 02-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

Im having this current debate trying to put the heavy lady on a diet
I'm thinking about the evo frame d ring mounts with an orfab aluminum
Tire carrier

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #21 of 30 Old 02-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Wheeler

heres what I did, just capped off frame rails lots of clearence.

[COLOR="Red"]COVERAGE FOR YOUR TOYS
Insurance coverage for Jeeps, Rock buggys, sand cars, R.V.'s and anything else you need insured.
Web site

Phone 951-736-6710
post #22 of 30 Old 02-08-2012, 07:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnick View Post
Im having this current debate trying to put the heavy lady on a diet
I'm thinking about the evo frame d ring mounts with an orfab aluminum
Tire carrier
I am doing the aluminum genright and Evo d rings myself.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #23 of 30 Old 02-08-2012, 07:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
I actually like the Rugged Ridge Bumper Pods. Unfortunately, they look to be out of my price range. A little over $500 to a little over $700 for just the Bumper Pods. I have also contacted EVO for those rear shackles but haven't heard back from them. So for me it looks like JCR Offroad will probably gettin my cash.
I would wait to hear from evo! At $150 for the set that it pretty awesome! I am waiting on them because this week their whole facility is closed! They are at te hammers! Wouldn't put your money out quite yet! JMHO...

-Marc

Coming up:
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
post #24 of 30 Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I talked with Andrew and the rear shackles will work up to 2010 models, they have them, all you need to do is call them or have your favorite Evo vendor get them for you.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #25 of 30 Old 02-08-2012, 08:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMG006 View Post
I talked with Andrew and the rear shackles will work up to 2010 models, they have them, all you need to do is call them or have your favorite Evo vendor get them for you.
Sweeeeet!

-Marc

Coming up:
14 Bolt rear ARB w/ 5.38
EVO Long Arm
40/42 MTR's
17" Spyderlock Beadlocks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode