So So.... 8 13.79%
Forgetaboutit 36 62.07%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 02-27-2011, 10:15 AM Thread Starter
dft
Wheeler

Olympic 4x4 products?????

I just came across the Olympic 4x4 line of products. I'm specifically interested in the line of bumpers they make. Has anyone worked with/run with/mounted their aftermarket components and dealt with their customer service? Tell me about your experience with this product line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 02-27-2011, 10:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

if you're interested in the front bumpers, I'd make sure you get a look at them in person
the jungle gym tube bumpers are a uhhh "unique" look and the smuggler is pretty ginormous.
The local dealer has a smuggler on one on the lot, neat idea but bulky and the compartments arent water tight

I think I have some pics I took of the smuggler if you want to see them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #3 of 44 Old 02-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

This thread won't answer all your questions, but it might help you to decide if you want to go this route:

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42465

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 02-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
This thread won't answer all your questions, but it might help you to decide if you want to go this route:

x2. They screwed themselves with this whole situation. If they plan to sell any more stuff it probably won't be through JKO.

07 Jeep Green 2 door Rubicon; OME Std suspension; 33" BFG KM2; Shrockworks stubby front, Expedition One rear bumpers, JKS adj trackbars f/r, Poly HD tie rod, Moog TRE on drag link.
post #5 of 44 Old 02-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Wheeler

...bought the front and back 'olympic 4x4 hard rock' bumpers.

...haven't had them on for a full year yet and my front is peeling big time on the top.

...thought about returning them but they were fairly cheap and the thought of taking it off and all the shipping BS... i'll just wire brush it good in the spring and give 'er the ole' rattle can repair. it is a jeep after all.

...this product was 'made in the USA' also which actually bums me out now. WE have got to do better.

"It was the 'Year of the Wolf' and all the world smelled good"
post #6 of 44 Old 02-27-2011, 05:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have the Olympic front Rock bumper on mine for just about a year. No problems with fit or finish.

MikeP

post #7 of 44 Old 02-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Wheeler

...hey priell 3, i remember we bought our bumpers around the same time.

...now i will say, they dump a ton of salt down up here in the 'nordland' but i didn't expect this to happen as a result...and the jeep isn't my daily driver.

...it doesn't look like it here but i bring the jeepster to the manual car wash to blast the salt off often ( and im due now ).

...your bumper looks brand new!
Attached Images

post #8 of 44 Old 02-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Wheeler

...sorry about the pic size.

post #9 of 44 Old 02-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rripror View Post
...sorry about the pic size.
CTRL - = instant resize (for people viewing the ginormous photos you posted.)

EDIT:
BACON

post #10 of 44 Old 02-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Wheeler

...well that's a neat trick.

...thanks for the tip.

post #11 of 44 Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post

The customer in question is very happy with how he was treated once he contacted Olympic. He recevied an alternative tire carrier that is simpler than the Dual Directionial one that lowers the tire to the ground. This new Tire Carrier is now available to customers who do not reguire the assistance that one needs with a 37" tire. For the record the customer is a real gentlemen and apologised for the reckus that was created as he realises Olympic is always looking for ways to keep its products superior in style and function. If you have any question on this matter feel free to contact me at;
[email protected]
post #12 of 44 Old 02-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
CTRL - = instant resize (for people viewing the ginormous photos you posted.)

EDIT:
BACON
Olympic manufactures a variety of bumper styles so you can select what fits best for your style of off roading. www.olympic4x4products.com
post #13 of 44 Old 02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwood View Post
x2. They screwed themselves with this whole situation. If they plan to sell any more stuff it probably won't be through JKO.
Once the customer called Olympic direct the situation was handled to the customers satisfaction. He admitted he did not need the functionality of the dual Directionial tire carrier and we exchanged it for a simpler alternative that he thanks us for and apologised for casuing such a ruckus , he is a gentlmen and a appreciated customer.
post #14 of 44 Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

Do you guys have a simpler rear bumper and carrier combo for the JK.I really have no need for a rear winch mount and like the style of your other bumpers.

Black Jeep
post #15 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 AM

Olympic

Olympic products are awesome and fit great, great quality and service. Eric goes out of his way to help us fellow jeeper's out and i appreciate everything they do for us..
post #16 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
...hey priell 3, i remember we bought our bumpers around the same time.

...now i will say, they dump a ton of salt down up here in the 'nordland' but i didn't expect this to happen as a result...and the jeep isn't my daily driver.

...it doesn't look like it here but i bring the jeepster to the manual car wash to blast the salt off often ( and im due now ).

...your bumper looks brand new!
That pic was taken last year when it was still new but it still looks great a year later. Philly loves salty roads too. About the only thing that has washed mine over the last several months has been rain. My wife rear ended a Saturn and the bumper didn't get a scratch.

MikeP

post #17 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Granite Guru

Del Runs Olympic4x4

I've had a Dave's Rack from Olympic4x4 Products on top of my Jeep for 4 or 5 years now, and I love it. It's well made and does the job. I've flipped it back and used it as a vendor show booth a few times, as well as a shade cover in the heat of the desert. I've seen Olympic4x4 stand behind their products and know them first hand to be honest folks. And my Dave's Rack has held up to several trips through the Rubicon where I've banged and scraped it more than a few times -- with no problems!

Del

Del Albright
Ambassador,
(BRC)
Founder, Friends of the Rubicon (
)
Del's
and

Building an Access Army to Save Trails -
post #18 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 06:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcraven View Post
Olympic products are awesome and fit great, great quality and service. Eric goes out of his way to help us fellow jeeper's out and i appreciate everything they do for us..
odd first post
post #19 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympic4x4products View Post
Once the customer called Olympic direct the situation was handled to the customers satisfaction. He admitted he did not need the functionality of the dual Directionial tire carrier and we exchanged it for a simpler alternative that he thanks us for and apologised for casuing such a ruckus , he is a gentlmen and a appreciated customer.

We're concerned far less with the behavior of the customer, and more with your response regarding selling something -other- than what you delivered. He didn't cause a ruckus, he raised a serious concern about receiving a product that did not match the representation of which he was sold to which you shrugged it off and told him to basically stuff it until the resulting uproar caused you to reverse course and try and find a solution. The fact that you sit here and blame the customer after the fact makes you look even worse.

... you would have been better to not respond, or at least to respond with a bit more humility.

!c
post #20 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Wheeler

...i should say my rear bumper is in perfect shape and has no peeling issues, perhaps the front just had a faulty powder coat application.

...i'm guessing the boys at 'O4x4P' would of helped me out on this but i never pursued it, too much hassle.

...any thoughts from the powers that be regarding the photo's of the bumper?

post #21 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
...i should say my rear bumper is in perfect shape and has no peeling issues, perhaps the front just had a faulty powder coat application.

...i'm guessing the boys at 'O4x4P' would of helped me out on this but i never pursued it, too much hassle.

...any thoughts from the powers that be regarding the photo's of the bumper?
Write me at [email protected] and lets see what we can do for you, as you so earnistly admit the salt in your neck of the woods is a little extreme. If u provide me a phone number and let me know what times are best for you I will try and contact you first hand.
We appreciate our customers, it is one of the reasons we are always looking to improve our products. The situation with the Smuggler Bumper that everyone loves to jump all over is because we improved the product and in so doing we changed the height of the tire carrier to improve the function and ease of use. Eric
post #22 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Rock God

This is very quickly Gunna turn into another Olympic thread about that bumper. In my book, Olympic did a shitty job of handling it, even the responses were shit, and I wouldnt recommend their products to anyone. I will NEVER buy an Olympic product after reading how that was handled.

You Dug your grave, now lay in it.

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #23 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdrone View Post
We're concerned far less with the behavior of the customer, and more with your response regarding selling something -other- than what you delivered. He didn't cause a ruckus, he raised a serious concern about receiving a product that did not match the representation of which he was sold to which you shrugged it off and told him to basically stuff it until the resulting uproar caused you to reverse course and try and find a solution. The fact that you sit here and blame the customer after the fact makes you look even worse.

... you would have been better to not respond, or at least to respond with a bit more humility.

!c
Gee, I talk to the customer first hand once he called us, and he and I had no problems. He even complimented the product and explained how much he like the Smuggler Bumper but he just did not need the functionality of the Dual Direction Tire Carrier as he was not planning on installing larger size tires.
Keep in mind we do not sell direct, the dealer he bought the product from had the option of profiding a refund or accepting a return. The dealer did offer him a credit and he choose to keep the bumper. I would think that says something very positive about the product.
post #24 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympic4x4products View Post
The customer in question is very happy with how he was treated once he contacted Olympic. He recevied an alternative tire carrier that is simpler than the Dual Directionial one that lowers the tire to the ground. This new Tire Carrier is now available to customers who do not reguire the assistance that one needs with a 37" tire. For the record the customer is a real gentlemen and apologised for the reckus that was created as he realises Olympic is always looking for ways to keep its products superior in style and function. If you have any question on this matter feel free to contact me at;
[email protected]
I understand that the customer is NOW very happy. I posted the link simply to provide a little insight into how things were initially handled and that the photos were VERY misleading. Maybe an updated photo is being used (I haven't checked)....but the original picture remained as an advertising image for a long time......falsely depicting what would be shipped to perspective customers.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #25 of 44 Old 03-01-2011, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
dft
Wheeler

Allright, there is a poll for a reason. Any drama from previous threads can be left in those threads and not here. I was simply looking for some other buyers feedback regarding the product's durability vs the good ol salt infected winters we endure here in Ontario.

On a side note, Olympic4x4products - who are your distributors here in Ontario, Canada?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode