Sundowner top got me down - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-26-2011, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Sundowner top got me down

Howdy,
I have a new 2011 Wrangler with the sundowner top and cannot figure out how to fold the front section back like a sun roof. I have watched the video on the Jeep site and still cant figure it out. Just wondering if anyone had any pointers on top folding before I do it with a knife. Have a goodun!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-26-2011, 06:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #3 of 8 Old 02-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

FWIW...... it's a "Sunrider" top. Check out that link above. Once you get the hang of it it goes real easy. Oh, and..... You're new so I'll go easy and not make the obvious sundowner joke. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Wheeler

What part is giving you trouble? Just unlatch it at the front and flip it back.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-27-2011, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Howdy,
I have watched the video on the Mopar Jeep site and they show it making a double fold. The guy loosens the front clips over the wind shield and then goes back to the top of the doors and loosens something that I cant find. After he loosens the front and back it double folds back. I tried and failed again yesterday. Have a goodun!!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-27-2011, 08:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sorry I don't know anything about the new tops, sunrider use to be optional on the 2-doors and standard on 4-doors. Best of luck.

Did you go to the link in post #2 (your other thread about this)?

Someone answered with detailed info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010jk View Post
I have a 2010 with the sunrider top, you have to unlatch the two clips up front by the window, then to get the first half of the top back only, you need to slide two black sleeves back. In doing this you can now have the sun rider top open. To get the whole top back undo the two clips up front by the window and then press the two tabs by your head. This will let the top slide back a bit. Oh and you window need to be out too LOL.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTes View Post
Howdy,
I have watched the video on the Mopar Jeep site and they show it making a double fold. The guy loosens the front clips over the wind shield and then goes back to the top of the doors and loosens something that I cant find. After he loosens the front and back it double folds back. I tried and failed again yesterday. Have a goodun!!
On my 07 top, there is a little plastic tab between the doors that helps you pry out the plastic (upsidedown gutters) that holds that section of the top to the door bows.

Pry that tab up with your fingers, then move forward pulling the gutters up and out of the door bows.

If your '11 top is that much different than my '07, disregard all after "on my '07" but I would be surprised.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTes View Post
Howdy,
I have the '09 4dr JKU. Above the B post (inbetween the front & rear doors) there is a support that runs from the passenger side towards the driver's side. This bar snaps onto the side supports. That is most likely what you can't find. When I put my Sunrider back up, I just put my palm on the top over the B Post and push down & that bar snaps right back into place.

If you are still having trouble, PM me and i can take pictures of mine or a few people I work with have '10s that i can check with.

Good Luck,
Mike

'13 JKU Rubicon - 3" Teraflex Lift w/ 8 Flexarms, LoD Rock Sliders, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.5x17

'12 JK Artic - 2" RE Lift, Poison Spyder Knockers, Surprise Straps Grab Handles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode