Pure Gas - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-24-2011, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
rdhrd4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lakenheath, UK
Age: 30
Posts: 1,708
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews
Pure Gas

I cam across this in another forum, and kinda found it interesting. I did a search and found only the following thread.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...light=pure-gas


Anyhow, after reading that thread, check out http://pure-gas.org/

scroll to the bottom and check out your state. i would definately use 100% if it was near me.



I LIVE, I RIDE, I DESTROY, ANYTHING I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
But you either support your troops or you are shit.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rdhrd4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Granite Guru
 
icandothisallday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LO-WEEZE-ANA
Posts: 111
Feedback: 0 reviews

good read..i have a few places by my house will try to rember to fill up there a few times to see if it makes a difference..

cheers

Geaux Tigers! Who Dat Say Gonna Beat Dem Saints!
08 Unlimited X//RC 2.5 Coils and Shocks//Benchmark Sport Bumper//Ace Rock Rails//305/70/17 GOODYEAR MT/R
icandothisallday is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Hittnthebz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Roanoke, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 2,851
Feedback: 0 reviews

Thanks for the info! I'll pay attention to this from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
yeah...I decided to go and finish on the tree
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
actually , I can see my cock , is just a little hard to shave down there
Hittnthebz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 04:22 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Goodysgotacuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 13,230
Feedback: 1 reviews

EPA just approved a bump from E10 to E15. They make it sound like how good it is for everyone "even NASCAR is running E15" this season. It's bullshit, more problems for our old cars, LESS miles per gallon. Way to go tree huggers, keep jacking up the price and watering down the fuel. A tank should at least come with a tube of lube as your getting screwed daily.

Only a matter of time before E15 is everywhere
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/additive/e15/

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Goodysgotacuda is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 04:59 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Leon, Texas
Posts: 2,721
Feedback: 7 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Yeah that ethenol crap cost me about 10 grand maybe more on my boat, try having 325 gallons of fuel removed, then the tank cleaned, then have all the fuel lines cleaned and or replaced, 2 computers reflashed and 12 injectors redone, oh yeah and 12 indexed spark plugs, if you don't know what indexed plugs mean they have to piont in a very specific direction and they have to go through MANY to get the right ones to get to the correct position. Anyway if you have a older anything, down to a cheap ass gas weedeater do yourself a favor and try to stay away from ethenol enhanced fuels and also look into sta-bil they make a product that is supposed to help. Next vehicles and or boats will be diesel and I don't give a damn if it's a 86 yugo but i'm not buying a new vehicle that I have to put a extra additive every oil change to burn the fuel cleaner that is some crap. Anyway sorry for going off topic and rant like.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rob4607 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 05:04 AM
JKO Addict!
 
ShortBus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North TX
Age: 42
Posts: 3,213
Garage
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
Yeah that ethenol crap cost me about 10 grand maybe more on my boat, try having 325 gallons of fuel removed, then the tank cleaned, then have all the fuel lines cleaned and or replaced, 2 computers reflashed and 12 injectors redone, oh yeah and 12 indexed spark plugs, if you don't know what indexed plugs mean they have to piont in a very specific direction and they have to go through MANY to get the right ones to get to the correct position. Anyway if you have a older anything, down to a cheap ass gas weedeater do yourself a favor and try to stay away from ethenol enhanced fuels and also look into sta-bil they make a product that is supposed to help. Next vehicles and or boats will be diesel and I don't give a damn if it's a 86 yugo but i'm not buying a new vehicle that I have to put a extra additive every oil change to burn the fuel cleaner that is some crap. Anyway sorry for going off topic and rant like.
News for you......even diesel engines are starting to require and extra additive now. As stupid as it sounds, they're using exhaust fluid now. Basically it helps burn up all the harmful emissions in the exhaust and turn them into water.

Thanks EPA!

Choose your friends & choose your enemies. But choose wisely.
ShortBus is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 05:26 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Goodysgotacuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 13,230
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
yeah and 12 indexed spark plugs, if you don't know what indexed plugs mean they have to piont in a very specific direction and they have to go through MANY to get the right ones to get to the correct position.
Indexing plugs are usually only messed with by racers. I have no idea who said it'd be a necessity for the type of fuel you are running. I believe you want the spark face pointing toward the exhaust valve if I remember right. Basically different thickness washers and mark the plug where the electrode is so it's where you want it when torqued. It'd be stupid to go through many plugs to achieve that, they sell indexing washers just for that. Mainly the gains are reserved for those looking for every ounce of power, racers.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Goodysgotacuda is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Rock God
 
rdhrd4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lakenheath, UK
Age: 30
Posts: 1,708
Garage
Feedback: 0 reviews

i just wish there was a station around me that had pure gas...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
Indexing plugs are usually only messed with by racers. I have no idea who said it'd be a necessity for the type of fuel you are running. I believe you want the spark face pointing toward the exhaust valve if I remember right. Basically different thickness washers and mark the plug where the electrode is so it's where you want it when torqued. It'd be stupid to go through many plugs to achieve that, they sell indexing washers just for that. Mainly the gains are reserved for those looking for every ounce of power, racers.
and we use these in our racecars. you got it goody! you want the "gap" of the plug facing towards the valve, so the spark is in the direct line of fire with the center of the combustion chamber, keeping the ground electrode furthest away from the valve. and yes, you mark the porcelain where the electrode is, then, keeping in mind where the valve is, put your mark away from the valve. very thin washers (not exactly washers but for this explanation we will say washers) are used to get it tightened with the electrode away from the valves...

explanation over, carry on...

I LIVE, I RIDE, I DESTROY, ANYTHING I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
But you either support your troops or you are shit.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rdhrd4 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Rock God
 
bthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: justin tx
Posts: 593
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
EPA just approved a bump from E10 to E15. They make it sound like how good it is for everyone "even NASCAR is running E15" this season. It's bullshit, more problems for our old cars, LESS miles per gallon. Way to go tree huggers, keep jacking up the price and watering down the fuel. A tank should at least come with a tube of lube as your getting screwed daily.

Only a matter of time before E15 is everywhere
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/additive/e15/

not yet, there is some hope of it not going through
http://detnews.com/article/20110219/...from-gas-pumps
bthomas is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 02-25-2011, 08:16 AM
JKO Addict!
 
gold knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dawsonville, Ga
Age: 53
Posts: 11,065
Garage
Feedback: 3 reviews

Crap, according to that site I would have to drive 50 miles north to get real gas. I didn't even know there was any available, thought it was a state mandate to have 10% min.

When they first switched over we lost a solid 2mpg in the Jeep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
EPA just approved a bump from E10 to E15. They make it sound like how good it is for everyone "even NASCAR is running E15" this season. It's bullshit, more problems for our old cars, LESS miles per gallon. Way to go tree huggers, keep jacking up the price and watering down the fuel. A tank should at least come with a tube of lube as your getting screwed daily.

Only a matter of time before E15 is everywhere
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/regs/fuels/additive/e15/
I blame it on Big Corn... corn huggers. There are a lot better sources for ethanol production.

http://www.uga.edu/news/artman/publi..._biomass.shtml

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
gold knight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome