Finally got me a 60 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Finally got me a 60

I just received my rock jock 60 rear and I'm just stuck on stupid drooling over this thing. I have a teraflex 4 inch lift with flex arms a teraflex rear track bar and fox shocks . I was wondering if anyone knows of any tips or problems that would help me on this axle swap or anything i might need to address before i bolt it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Rock God

Set up a wrench weekend and you can get some hand installing it . Will be far easier swap then a front
post #3 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

DS might need shortening..

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

awesome! You didn't tell me it came in! My Poly stuff came in today.....looks like we should be doing a BIG install party!

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I just had to shorten my rear drive shaft: measure and take it to a drive-line shop after the install. Make sure you set the studs in the rear axle flanges for the lug pattern you intend to run. The rear is a very easy swap.
post #6 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Granite Guru

I'll help you buddy, maybe we can TXROCK to help too, before he goes to Domi's. We can turn this into a party

The only problem is getting the Driveline done in 2 weeks in Hawaii, it'll prolly take a month.
Looks like you'll be a front wheel drive for the show.

35" KM2's - Poly Performance Fox Coilover system - TeraFlex Arms - PSC Ram - Rugged Ridge Modular Snorkel - COP 4X4 Nack Attack - Tatton Driveshaft - S-POD - 5.13 and 6 speed.
post #7 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandegrift View Post
I'll help you buddy, maybe we can TXROCK to help too, before he goes to Domi's. We can turn this into a party

The only problem is getting the Driveline done in 2 weeks in Hawaii, it'll prolly take a month.
Looks like you'll be a front wheel drive for the show.
Haha...you might be right on a month! Haha. Absolutely I will help! If we get started early I can help from like 7-9ish..... My son has a basketball game from 10-11am but free after the game until Domi's at 3! yall still coming over to help put in the front end parts/BS too? I will bring beer! After getting the gussets and track bar brackets welded, I am good to go with coming back over to finish the 60 install if we haven't finished before Domi's.....his work schedule and being free is the only time factor I have after 11am saturday. Let me know!

U.S. Army

Last edited by TXROCK; 02-23-2011 at 10:32 PM.
post #8 of 19 Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

desert dog and andre roughly how much did you have it shortened ?? do yall have two or 4 doors my 4 door rear pro comp shaft has about 6 inches of collapse left in it would that be enough to play with?
post #9 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblustang90 View Post
desert dog and andre roughly how much did you have it shortened ?? do yall have two or 4 doors my 4 door rear pro comp shaft has about 6 inches of collapse left in it would that be enough to play with?
You should be fine, I had 4" of collapse left in my DS when I installed my Tera CRD60 and it only used 2"... & if I remember correctly that is about the same as when I did my front RockJock.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #10 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
You should be fine, I had 4" of collapse left in my DS when I installed my Tera CRD60 and it only used 2"... & if I remember correctly that is about the same as when I did my front RockJock.
So wait...you didn't have to shorten either of your driveshafts?
Also, what backspacing is everyone running with the 60's?

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #11 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnick View Post
So wait...you didn't have to shorten either of your driveshafts?
Also, what backspacing is everyone running with the 60's?
No, but the Hemi made my drive shafts odd length to begin with.

Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
post #12 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblustang90 View Post
Mines a 2 door, on the rear the DS is about 1.5 +/- shorter, the front ill find out soon..

With these ill be running 4" BS - 17 x 9.5 wheels

post #13 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'm wondering if I go 5 or 5.5 backspacing If itll save me from being to illegal on the street
Stupid PA laws
Or I wonder if I will have rubbing issues
(sorry to hijack)

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #14 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
I'm wondering if I go 5 or 5.5 backspacing If itll save me from being to illegal on the street
Stupid PA laws
(sorry to hijack)
I'm not worried about hijacking its under the same general area so ask away and get some good info every bit I get helps me with my build.
post #15 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Stupid PA laws
(sorry to hijack)
If you get 68.5" rear width you should be ok, if you have the 66" like most of us, you'll rub like crazy in the rear. I have 4.62" backspacing and the fender "just" covers the tread of the rear tires(nemesis fenders) bulge still sticks out... but any more backspacing than I have it would rub the tub while at full stuff.

Fenders & Rockers -
post #16 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

this is a 68.5 Currie rear with 4" BS and PSC flares

post #17 of 19 Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I had to trim my rear DS by 1 3/4". I would have been fine on the street, but not optimum for trail flex.
post #18 of 19 Old 02-26-2011, 03:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

Bump for more info

post #19 of 19 Old 02-26-2011, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

well i got the 60 installed and here is what I found with drive shaft issues the shock mounts are able to be raise and lowered so I took my fox shocks and moved the mount up thinking it would allow me to use my entire shock seeing how before my bump-stops limited my up travel and that would also give me more down travel from my shocks. I have the pro comp drive shaft and yes more down travel meant the axel moved enough forward to completely compress my DS. so I had two options either get my DS shortened or the cheap fix was to move my shocks down back to factory mounting location on the axle side limiting my down travel which gave me 3/4 of and inch of room on DS at fool droop. I do plan on getting my DS shortened soon so I can get full use of my shock travel. Other than that had no other issues with installing the rock jock it was pretty strait forward only took a buddy and I about 3 hours to put in and tighten it all down using an engine hoist to lift the jeep body up a jack and some jack stands. by no means was that the safest way to do a swap

Last edited by bblustang90; 02-26-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode