Cuttie d60 and hydro. Where are you mountIng your ram? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 02-19-2011, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Cuttie d60 and hydro. Where are you mountIng your ram?

I've heard there are issues mounting the ram with the currie 60s. Is this true?

31 jeeps in... still have issues
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
I've heard there are issues mounting the ram with the currie 60s. Is this true?
no issues. see pics

ignore the bent up trackbar mount. it has been corrected.

you will want to beef up the trackbar mount though. it will bend like it did on mine. currie says to wield on one of the spaces. we heated this up and pried it back into place then gusseted it.

i bent it up while at SMORR and slid down black momba. i landed in ruts which pushed the axle to the dirvers side. so much that the entire front driver tire was in view. my steering was 180 degrees out. meaning to steer straight, the top of the steering wheel was at the bottom.

also you ll see in the 2nd pic, i have chaff guard on the hydro lines. they will chaff if not protected. we didnt have a better way to route the lines and still have enough for flex.

using the currie drag link originally we had a little rub on the diff cover. we rotated the drag link so the mount bolt for the PSC ram would clear the diff cover at full turn.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

Last edited by Liquor; 02-20-2011 at 01:19 AM.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Rock God

Nick just asked this a couple days ago... mounted mine to the diff cover.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-09-2011, 04:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
Nick just asked this a couple days ago... mounted mine to the diff cover.
Any diff leak from mounting it this way on the RJ. Any pics also

08 Rubicon - AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!
post #5 of 10 Old 04-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Liquor, you have a high steer drag link, right? What did you do with the track bar, raise the axle mount, lower the frame mount, or am i completely wrong about what i think im seeing?

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #6 of 10 Old 04-09-2011, 09:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

There are some issues specific to the RJ60 and other advise;

* Order the longer ram. The short ram made for the 44 will not go lock-to-lock with the RJ60.

* Beef up the trackbar mount significantly, I just did a simple gusset job at first (as Currie recommended) and I bent the shit out of it in Sledghammer. Rebuilt the entire mount and made it super strong.

* make longer tabs for the mounts on the trackbar. Most tabs are too short, and create an angle that causes the tie rod (especially bent-end tie rods) to roll while turning.

* tack the tabs on and mount the ram to test clearance before doing any welding. Flex it out good and make sure that the ram, hoses, and fittings clear everything. One member on this board dialed his steering, welded it all together, then while climbing a rock on the trail, destroyed a fitting on the frame rail. He ended up cutting and refitting everything.

* When ordering your pump, ask for the steel pump rather than the aluminum one. Many people have had problems with the aluminum ones (some bad machining was causing a valve to stick). I returned 2 aluminum ones before they sent me a steel one. I don't know if PSC has corrected this problem yet, but people were still having issues last year.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrelopez99 View Post
Any diff leak from mounting it this way on the RJ. Any pics also
Nope & I just used a cheap cardboard gasket with no other sealer/adhesive.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Rock God

Garage

What size ram did you upgrade to?
Also can u snap a pic of your trackbar bracket?

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #9 of 10 Old 04-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
* When ordering your pump, ask for the steel pump rather than the aluminum one. Many people have had problems with the aluminum ones (some bad machining was causing a valve to stick). I returned 2 aluminum ones before they sent me a steel one. I don't know if PSC has corrected this problem yet, but people were still having issues last year.
What are the symptoms of a stuck valve?

corey d
2008 JEEP...

Last edited by STUPIDFACE; 04-10-2011 at 06:28 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-10-2011, 08:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
What are the symptoms of a stuck valve?
It will be very hard to steer at idle, you will need RPMs to steer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode