ELECTRIC LANGE HOIST - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-18-2011, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

ELECTRIC LANGE HOIST

I have a 2010 2-door Sahara.
Wondering how people like the electric hoist. $389

I searched some threads. But most get hi-jacked.

How do you like it,
How was the install,
How long are you comfortable leaving it hanging?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have a manual hoist system and have no problem leaving my top up there for the summer. Come to think of it, my hoist is from my old TJ and the top doesn't fit on there properly, I still use it and have had no problems for 2 summers.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Wheeler

Works well to lift the top, but I actually hang some ratchet straps from the ceiling and hook them to 2x4's to support the top all summer. I think the lift could support it, but I don't like the fact that it rotates around freely with a single lift point in the middle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Granite Guru

I bought a 400lb electric (120v) hoist at a local liquidation store for $99. The hoist came with brackets designed so it hangs from square tubing.

So, I then purchased a length of 1.5" square tubing for the hoist to slide on, so I have lateral movement. i.e. let's me move hoist around.

To solve the problem OJTJK mentioned above...once it is hanging, I run a couple more support straps up to the tubing for additional safety and to prevent it from swinging. Love it....lifting/dropping the top is a 5 minute, one person job.

Around here, where the weather changes every time a butterfly flaps it's wings, deciding to go topless or not is a quick decision.

G

Last edited by Grant_T; 02-22-2011 at 08:10 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have one of these & installed it last year. Had the hard top hanging on it from March this year through about an hour ago. I stopped the rotation problem with a small wire tied off through the hard top screw hole (the one above the driver's head).

But I just discovered a small problem. The power hoist has you lay the freedom panels upside down on the T-bar. Well, that cheap little Chinese power hoist had a slight leak on the gearbox. I now have a nice little oil stain on the interior of one of the panels.

So - if you're going to use one of these, the power top hoist works great. Just be sure to put something on those freedom panels to keep the oil off of them.

2011 5.3L GM LC9 Aluminum LS V8 Conversion w/ Custom Dyno Tune
Aluminum Genright Bumpers Front & Rear - Aluminum Nemesis Rockers
PR44/RCV/Reid Front - Superior Rear - ORF Front / Poly Rear Cage - ORF Tire Carrier
RK 3.5" Springs - Fox 2.0 Adjustable Shocks - JKS Arms & Trackbars - Poly Steering
post #6 of 7 Old 12-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
I have a manual hoist system and have no problem leaving my top up there for the summer. Come to think of it, my hoist is from my old TJ and the top doesn't fit on there properly, I still use it and have had no problems for 2 summers.

Updated, 3 summers....

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Coonasian

Garage

I have the manual, it really cranks on and off in hardly a minute with minimal effort even for an old fart like me. That oil leak situation would suck I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode