getting stuck with used parts from 4wp - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

getting stuck with used parts from 4wp

i just bought a arb locker from 4wp that was obviously installed before, and the guys at the counter said it came from arb that way. im not sure i belive that.
im debating returning the locker or asking for some $ back because of it.

what would you do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 07:27 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

First things first is give them a call, go to the store, get in touch with someone with the company and give them a chance to fix the problem.

If you feel that it is a used part they should have absolutely no problem exchanging the parts for you and making you a happy customer.

I feel like I've heard this before about ARB, maybe I'm crazy.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 07:29 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
i just bought a arb locker from 4wp that was obviously installed before, and the guys at the counter said it came from arb that way. im not sure i belive that.

what would you do
definitely speak with the manager of the store, and if no luck call the customer service number! There use to be a 4 Wheel Parts vendor on here but didnt see the name recently when I went through the vendor list.

U.S. Army
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 07:32 PM
JKO Addict!

I certainly wouldn't install a "new" part with signs of wear on it. Especially if I paid full price/good money for a new part.

Even if you got $ back, it may not be any good or has issues...not worth it for a locker

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #5 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

thankfully its not majorly used. the box had been opened (taped shut, factory glues) bearings have been pressed on, and there is scratches from the ring gear bolts.

doesnt appear that its had gear oil in it, or someone went well out of their way to clean it out
post #6 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 08:48 PM
Wheeler

I ordered two G2 diff covers from four wheel parts in SO. CAL. a few days ago, when I went to pick them up at the store one was new and the other one was used, greasy box, gear oil, old silicone instead of gasket etc. I had them transfer a new one from an other store, but when I went to pick it up a few days later it was an other used one, this one was painted, scratched from rocks, did not have the gasket and had different hardware.
The guy at the counter pointed out that on my order it stated "For Install" Does that mean that if you take your vehicle to FWP they'll install used parts instead of the new parts you paid for and not even tell you? If they want to sell used parts they need to tell the customer and charge for them as used not as new. Needless to say I got my money back and I'll think about it twice before I buy from them again.
post #7 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to b1pig

didnt someone have the same complaint with a locker that came from quadretec?

(was it drop-shipped?)

'19 Ram 1500, '01 BMW R1100RT, '99 Fat Boy
needed: ̶b̶o̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ plane

Last edited by b1pig; 02-14-2011 at 10:53 PM.
post #8 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 09:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
First things first is give them a call, go to the store, get in touch with someone with the company and give them a chance to fix the problem.

If you feel that it is a used part they should have absolutely no problem exchanging the parts for you and making you a happy customer.

Marcus

I have heard this same story about 4wp several times.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #9 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Wheeler

4wd tried that with me, i made them give me a new 1 and it took them 3weeks to get me the new
post #10 of 22 Old 02-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Granite Guru

I wouldn't put it past them, I hope they didn't try to install it on a Jeep. I have ssen their work, and it may not work if you try to use it. Then where will you be when you try to return it?

35" KM2's - Poly Performance Fox Coilover system - TeraFlex Arms - PSC Ram - Rugged Ridge Modular Snorkel - COP 4X4 Nack Attack - Tatton Driveshaft - S-POD - 5.13 and 6 speed.
post #11 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post

Marcus
you are correct, I've read the same thing before. It's nothing new and so are some of their parts.

they need to explain that some of their products have been returned and sell them at a discount instead of selling them as "new".

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #12 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 03:50 AM
JKO Addict!

they also charge a restocking fee for returned product...then turn around and sell parts as new without putting stipultions on conditions ie cosmetic damage ect...but really guys what do you expect from "corporate" 4 wheelparts...

Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
post #13 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
thankfully its not majorly used.
Thankful the "new" priced/advertised part isn't too used? More power to ya, more patient than I!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #14 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Rock God

PM BustaBizz hes the one from 4WP, but I wouldnt pay full price for something that isnt BRAND NEW.

2010 4-DOOR MOUNTAIN
post #15 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Wheeler

Quote:

what would you do
POST UP SOME PICTURES

LET SEE THIS USED LOCKER
post #16 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Granite Guru

i cant speak for every store but i run 5 of the 4wp stores and my guys would never intentionally sell a used part with out telling you. everything we get comes from a warehouse. sometimes another store will send something back as new that may have been an attempted install. what i mean is it came in and was the wrong carrier(needed one for 4.10 and up and it was a 4.10 and down carrier) no way to tell until you try to install and press on bearings. then we put back in box and sell. kind of falls into a grey area as far as new. but most definatly talk to the manager of the store. he should have no issue getting you a new in the box one or a discount if you want to use that one. everyone can say "corprate" and blah blah but we try our best to take care of every customer fairly. we are human, do make mistakes and things do happen out of our control. that salesman most likely never opened the box and had no idea it had bearings pressed on it. but we do our best to make good on them. especially if you start out the conversation respectfully and tell us what happend instead of yelling at us that we F'up up and are rude. we do our best to help everyone.
post #17 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZZLY47 View Post
PM BustaBizz hes the one from 4WP, but I wouldnt pay full price for something that isnt BRAND NEW.
BustaBizz works for 4wd not 4wp so he shouldn't be a contact source for this mess. However, I have been working with Busta since I got my JK over a year ago and he has been awesome. Straight shooter and knows his stuff. Definatly try working with him in the future.
post #18 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Rock God

hope it works out. my personal experience with the orlando 4wp's store has been top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
If I hear banjos I'm out! I almost feel like an alien being a black guy in a jeep already, this is gonna be a real adventure
post #19 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 12:20 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJeeper View Post
BustaBizz works for 4wd not 4wp so he shouldn't be a contact source for this mess. However, I have been working with Busta since I got my JK over a year ago and he has been awesome. Straight shooter and knows his stuff. Definatly try working with him in the future.
They are the same company...different name.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #20 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba2u View Post
hope it works out. my personal experience with the orlando 4wp's store has been top notch.
X2
post #21 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to LS6TT

not sure which 4wp you got it from, but get over to texasjk and talk to blueburner, he works for one over in fort worth by Moritz and has been a great help.

-Alex
2010 2dr Sport | 2.5" BB Lift with 4dr Springs | More to come
post #22 of 22 Old 02-15-2011, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

getting new one shipped in. thought about haggling with them, but not worth chancing it over the 10% or so id get back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode