should i pull the trigger on the puchase? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
sinduda2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manasquan, Monmouth County, NJ Beach
Age: 29
Posts: 290
Feedback: 0 reviews
Exclamation should i pull the trigger on the puchase?

this is the Shopping cart from quadratec i'm considering:

Tearaflex 2.5" lift kit with shocks-712.99
Rugged Ridge XHD module stubby front bumper winch mount- 409.99
Rugged Ridge Mod. Center hoop for bumper- 59.99
Rugged Ridge Fairland Roller License plate mount (damn NJ)- 29.99
Smittybilt XRC-8 winch-299.99
JKS manufacturing Quicker Disconnects 2.5-6" lift

subtotal-1659.94
ground shipping- 59.99
shipping surcharge-54.97

so good deal? Or better prices somewhere else on certain idea's, also got to get the soft top put on because it came with the hard and the warm weather is coming.
what about Rock Krawler 2.5" Lift? ReviewsAny good self recovery kits to look at?
after that and painting my stock rims and waiting for the tires to wear down and herculining (or something similar to it) the whole tub and such.

My Jeep should be good enough for awhile seeing how i am still on the hunt for a USED motorcyle (Honda CBR 600 RR)

Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
Jim- 2010 Natural Green Pearl, 6spd, hardtop/soft top, RK 2.5" max travel lift kit,

"No Hesitation"

Last edited by sinduda2; 02-14-2011 at 07:12 PM.
sinduda2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Mr.RonGilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Age: 48
Posts: 9,140
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

I have found better - much better - prices by shopping around. Quadratec is not always the best deal, 4WP will match the price and you save shipping if you have one close enough to drive to.


There are a TON of active vendors on this forum that will hook you up - I choose to do my business with them...
Mr.RonGilbert is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 06:36 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tracy, California
Age: 39
Posts: 3,068
Feedback: 4 reviews

Way to overpriced, shop around some more.

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
09rubicon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
sinduda2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manasquan, Monmouth County, NJ Beach
Age: 29
Posts: 290
Feedback: 0 reviews

thanks guys i'll try my best

Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
Jim- 2010 Natural Green Pearl, 6spd, hardtop/soft top, RK 2.5" max travel lift kit,

"No Hesitation"
sinduda2 is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 06:40 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....
 
TXROCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 46
Posts: 3,833
Feedback: 1 reviews

4WD.Com is doing free shipping right now....but you should contact the vendors on here for JKO deals. Support the vendors on here....you can't go wrong!

U.S. Army
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TXROCK is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 PM
Rock God
 
BumpInTheRoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,694
Garage
Feedback: 7 reviews

First of all, ditch the fairlead license plate mount. Just tack the plate to the bumper with a couple of sheet metal screw and run some door-edge molding around the edges, secured with Gorilla Glue, like I did:



If you have a Rubicon (can't tell), you might want to get the RR front skid plate to protect your electronic swaybar disconnect motor.

Amazon can save you money.
Smittybilt XRC-8 $285 Free Shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-972...Y0C/ref=sr_1_1
Rugged Ridge XHD Winch/Light Bumper: $367 with free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge-1...EQ4/ref=sr_1_1
Rugged Ridge XHD Hoop: $62 Free Shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge-1...xgy_auto_img_b

Cheers!

I'm a JKO Reject
BumpInTheRoad is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 06:56 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend
 
RiverCityOffroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,649
Garage
Feedback: 60 reviews

I'll hop in and say that I'll do everything I can to help you out. 4WD is a sponsor here, and you're welcome to shop wherever you want, but I'd like to be your go to guy for all of your Jeep needs.

I'll copy your list down and shoot you a PM with some pricing so we can see where we can save you some dollar bills!

Thank you for coming to JKO, we are glad to have you!

Marcus


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RiverCityOffroad is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
sinduda2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manasquan, Monmouth County, NJ Beach
Age: 29
Posts: 290
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumpInTheRoad View Post
First of all, ditch the fairlead license plate mount. Just tack the plate to the bumper with a couple of sheet metal screw and run some door-edge molding around the edges, secured with Gorilla Glue, like I did:



If you have a Rubicon (can't tell), you might want to get the RR front skid plate to protect your electronic swaybar disconnect motor.

Amazon can save you money.
Smittybilt XRC-8 $285 Free Shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-972...Y0C/ref=sr_1_1
Rugged Ridge XHD Winch/Light Bumper: $367 with free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge-1...EQ4/ref=sr_1_1
Rugged Ridge XHD Hoop: $62 Free Shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge-1...xgy_auto_img_b

Cheers!
thats a great idea with LP and amazon never really lets me down, BTW i got Sport, but would the front bumper skid still be good to have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
I'll hop in and say that I'll do everything I can to help you out. 4WD is a sponsor here, and you're welcome to shop wherever you want, but I'd like to be your go to guy for all of your Jeep needs.

I'll copy your list down and shoot you a PM with some pricing so we can see where we can save you some dollar bills!

Thank you for coming to JKO, we are glad to have you!

Marcus
seriously liking the service, this is buy far the best forum i belong to, I don't care who yout are someone is always willing to help out. i'll check my messages.

Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
Jim- 2010 Natural Green Pearl, 6spd, hardtop/soft top, RK 2.5" max travel lift kit,

"No Hesitation"
sinduda2 is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend
 
RiverCityOffroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 8,649
Garage
Feedback: 60 reviews

Just sent you a PM with pricing. I think you'll be happy.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RiverCityOffroad is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 07:44 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Leon, Texas
Posts: 2,721
Feedback: 7 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

I skimmed over what most have said as I have a bad headache. But the tf kit leaves alot of things that will be addressed. And I know, I know many will chime in and say that you don't need all that shit and or it's a jeep and it's supposed to drive like ass, but if you want it right get a kit that has what you need. Front and rear trackbars, not brackets. Either upper or lower front adjustable control arms, a cheaper alternative is the Aev drop brackets. As for your all in one cart you can probably do better and have alot better customer care and service after the sale by hitting up some of the vendors on here. There is a recent thread going on for some rock bottom prices on winches and I would hit them up for sure. Just my opinion as I followed the masses over on the other forum and did the tf system and was less than impressed and have spent a ton replacing shit and or adding stuff to make it right.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rob4607 is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 07:47 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Leon, Texas
Posts: 2,721
Feedback: 7 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

Oh yeah the rock krawler kit came out a little over a month after I ordered the tf kit, I kick my self for not waiting a while longer. I would hit poly and krawler up and see what sort of deals they may be having or their vendors at least, all usually have free shipping.

2008 JK 4Dr Rubicon
Stone white
Mygig W/Uconnect working.
Hard top/Auto tranny
First mod, dog slobber.
Painted hard top
Spidertraxx 1.5 spacers
Teraflex 3" lift
Currie front lower control arms
JKS front and rear adj. track bars
Euroefx HID kit, high/low beam and fogs
Shrockworks rear full width, tire carrier

Post count from the "other" place when i was following the "herd" was 692 on 4-2-09, not a noob...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
rob4607 is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Rock God
 
josh_jacklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TORNADO STRUCK-JOPLIN MO
Age: 33
Posts: 931
Garage
Feedback: 2 reviews

i was just waiting for marcus to chime in on this. you should go with marcus, he's a great guy and he's got some of the best prices out there!

2011 MANGO TANGO sahara jku....bone stock.
r.i.p.08 jk x steel blue

CALL MARCUS.. NUFF' SAID..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
josh_jacklyn is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Rock God
 
GOWREVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Around the corner
Age: 46
Posts: 649
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinduda2 View Post
this is the Shopping cart from quadratec i'm considering:

Tearaflex 2.5" lift kit with shocks-712.99
Rugged Ridge XHD module stubby front bumper winch mount- 409.99
Rugged Ridge Mod. Center hoop for bumper- 59.99
Rugged Ridge Fairland Roller License plate mount (damn NJ)- 29.99
Smittybilt XRC-8 winch-299.99
JKS manufacturing Quicker Disconnects 2.5-6" lift

subtotal-1659.94
ground shipping- 59.99
shipping surcharge-54.97

so good deal? Or better prices somewhere else on certain idea's, also got to get the soft top put on because it came with the hard and the warm weather is coming.
what about Rock Krawler 2.5" Lift? ReviewsAny good self recovery kits to look at?
after that and painting my stock rims and waiting for the tires to wear down and herculining (or something similar to it) the whole tub and such.

My Jeep should be good enough for awhile seeing how i am still on the hunt for a USED motorcyle (Honda CBR 600 RR)

I can only speak to the winch, I have one it's great and it's never let me down. Enjoy your addiction it seems you're off to a good start.

"Dude, did you see that Green Jeep out in the parking lot?"

"Yeah, its' mine..."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GOWREVER is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 02-14-2011, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
sinduda2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Manasquan, Monmouth County, NJ Beach
Age: 29
Posts: 290
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWREVER View Post
I can only speak to the winch, I have one it's great and it's never let me down. Enjoy your addiction it seems you're off to a good start.
yea between the jeep, shooting, bike, photography, and travelling well people wonder why i bust my ass working

Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
Jim- 2010 Natural Green Pearl, 6spd, hardtop/soft top, RK 2.5" max travel lift kit,

"No Hesitation"
sinduda2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome