Shocks or rear tier carrier. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-13-2011, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Shocks or rear tier carrier.

So it's a 08 2dr rubicon 2.5 inch skycraper on 35inch km2s and I don't know what to do...... I need a bumper/tier carier but I need shocks too because the skycraper ones are shot. What a shock! Haha. Soooo Iv done a ton of reading on this forum and read rk designed thier springs to work with the bielistens so should i try and wait to find some rk springs or just change out shocks and keep the skycraper springs. I would think the shit skycraper shit would not kill the new shocks as fast as the ones I'm runing now.
Idk how many miles these shocks have on them bc I bought the Jk with the skycraper on it other wise i would have rk on my rig.
And well tier carrier bc the tail gate rattles like crazy whit the 35 on it and I hate driving the new born around with out a spare. Also hate driving to work with out a spare I mean shit happens and I do have a patch kit with me and Iv had to use it ha
sooo and do I get shocks or carrier?
Ha how will I convince the warrdin I need these thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Dude I'm not trying to be a dickhead, but I can't even decipher what you're trying to say

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #3 of 12 Old 02-13-2011, 09:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Seriously whatever your smokin i want some....i get that your asking weither or not to replace the shocks because it sounds like the ride sucks.
as for a tire carrier...i look at it as an item to finsh things off ona build....you can always toss the spare in the back till you can afford one...I vote shocks first because that will let you know if you solved your ride issue or you need other parts like like coils track bars ect...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Black 2008 x ,Dana30 Aussie locker,Teraflex C gusset's 2.5 Pro comp coils,Adj Rancho Rs9000's JKS quick disconnects,Jks Adj trackbar, 35.13.50.15 Toyo MT's on 15x8 MB Razors, K&N intake,Superchips, Magnaflow muffler,Optima Red top, Poison spyder ricochet rock rails,Solid diff covers, front Mopar rock bumper chopped, HD D-rings,Xrc 8000 winch, HOGG cut fenders!Bedlined interior, 130 watt kc slimlites
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 02-13-2011, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

+ having dyslexia = sounding like a retard nc..... its all good dude. i could be a dickhead and say something mean but well its not worth my beer drinking time .. nootherride iv been smoke free for a few years now. haha cant wait for that journeyman card and then ill share with you
post #5 of 12 Old 02-13-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

yo nc..... does your heep pull left or right as you are slowing down to take a turn? i ask bc i see your running spacer and i am as well and my shit pulls.
post #6 of 12 Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08rubicon View Post
yo nc..... does your heep pull left or right as you are slowing down to take a turn? i ask bc i see your running spacer and i am as well and my shit pulls.
What kind of spacers are you running? I have the Spidertrax and haven't had any issues with the Jeep pulling...are yours hub-centric?

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #7 of 12 Old 02-14-2011, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Blue Spidertrax just like you.
post #8 of 12 Old 02-14-2011, 10:00 AM
JKO Addict!

I THINK what i'm reading through that, is that your lift is ok, but you want to go to RK springs eventually, but your rear tailgate is now rattling.

if that's the case, i think tire carrier makes more sense, since your tailgate is starting to go.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #9 of 12 Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Rock God

Ive got some used skyjacker shocks for 2.5" lift i'll sell ya cheap then you can get both!

I have 2.5" skyjacker springs and i have no problems from them..?
post #10 of 12 Old 02-14-2011, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

austinjeepr what shocks you running now. i would rather get better shocks then put skycrapers on again.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-14-2011, 02:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

crapper has "two" p's for what it's worth lol

You've had too many redhots in your leftime and blood flow to your brain has been drastically reduced as a result.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #12 of 12 Old 02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Rock God

I added 1" spacers front and rear and have rough country 2.2's in the front and teraflex nitro's in the rear. Frankenlift!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode