JKOwners Forum banner

Needing advice

950 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  curbsjeep 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok folks, FINALLY, Im going to be able to upgrade my JK a bit. Ive got a 2010 4dr hard top. While Id love to go hog wild and spend tons of bucks, Im a cop, dont make crap, and have a limited budget. So..here's the deal:
Ive got rougly $1800 to spend. I want bigger tires than the stock streeters I have now (thinking 33's??) and want to do a little lift. Suggestions? Comments?
What I dont want to do right now, is have to re-gear. Oh, and I'll be using my stock 17" wheels.
Figured Id go to the experts because Im still a huge noob when it comes to wheeling and Jeeps.

#2 ·
First, tires, for mildly aggressive ones are pretty pricey. You could easily go to 33's on your rims though. As for lift, as budget is a factor, go with a 2.5 budget lift. We did at first, thankfully/luckily, got most of it from friends around us for free or close to but even with a slight lift you will need to get other things to go with it if it isn't a "complete" kit that you buy. As I mentioned we "pieced" our first lift insted of getting a kit. As for re-gearing you shouldn't need to worry about that with 33's. I'm running 35's now with 3.21 gears and am issue free so far!

#3 ·
2.5" budget boost (I love my Rough Country) roughly $175 shipped
285/70/17 Mud Terrains, (BFG KM2s, Wrangler MT-R) $1150 shipped
and with the money left over maybe some wheels with a smaller backspacing.

#4 ·
Im kinda thinking about a 2 1/2" lift....undecided on which brand though...although Im kinda leaning towards 4WD parts/ProComp, 33" tires (dig the Fierce Attitudes or Cooper Discoverer STT's), and some spacers. Waiting to see what is suggested on here LOL....seriously, I appreciate any feedback/advice/etc from anyone on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.